mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Default What is the truth, in this ?

Before I begin
This subject may be sensitive for some of my friends here
And
I do not have preconceived opinion about this subject.

I belong to the rightwing side, not totally rightwing, some few small step.

Most of my friends are rightwing people or vote on politicians on this side.

The last two days most of my rightwing friends have postet article or comments about the arrestation of Tommy Robinson

What is the truth, in this.

Was he arrested and jailed for 13 month without a fair trail, without any defense(attorney) ?

I do know that both side(rightwing and leftwing) like to exaggerate things

My hope by posting my question in our forum, was the chance my English friend could provide me with information I didn't knew about in the case.

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-18, 05:07 PM   #2
JU_88
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 11

Yes from what i understand he was arrested out side a court and jailed for 13 months.

On the one hand, it was said this was done because he and his cabal has been interfering with a case concerning Muslim grooming gangs and he had put the trial in jeopardy, though I'm not sure how..

On the hand, His arrest and jail sentence may have bypassed the usual legal proceedings - and there was reportedly a gag order on the media to not report on it.
several stories covering it were pulled.

All pretty dodgy. Though Tommy is dodgy too, and I cant say I like the guy, but there is no question the UK is tilting towards the more authoritarian.
We don't really have freedom of speech here anymore. You can be put in jail for saying the wrong thing under our extremely vague Anti terrorism or Hate speech laws.

You can check Tim Pools video on the matter, Tim is a pretty good/reliable guy. Though I'm not sure why he is discussing it with a Washington Lawyer, but hey-ho

Last edited by JU_88; 05-28-18 at 05:16 PM.
JU_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-18, 05:36 PM   #3
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Thank you for your reply.

I had hope you had written.

Yes he was arrested for having interfering with a case in (forgot the name of the town)
But it is not correct, that he didn't get a fair hearing with a attorney on his side.

I wonder how the ordinary English citizens see this.

Markus
Old 05-28-18, 05:59 PM   #4
JU_88
Silent Hunter

hmm not sure, he is not a popular guy (still considered 'far right' - although that is an accusation thrown around pretty lightly these days), but hes been in and out of jail since his EDL days - so most wont bat an eyelid.
Also if the MMS is not reporting it, many wont even know.

Most people will not be concerned with 'freedom of speech' or 'jail with out trial 'issues until it effects themselves or someone they agree with, most just won't apply their foresight to see how these things could be potentially used against them in future.
I think it would be good to have a liberal pro freedom of speech movement here in the UK there is a valid argument for it, both current iterations of the Conservatives and Labour are alarmingly pro Censorship and very happy to pander to those calling for more restrictions in the name of 'being offended'.

but Tommy is certainly not the guy I could get behind, despite his attempt to re invent himself, I don't trust him one bit. He may be correct in some regards, but he has been caught in a lie more than once.

Last edited by JU_88; 05-28-18 at 06:20 PM.
Old 05-29-18, 04:37 AM   #5
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Tommy Robinson or to give him his real name Stephen Lennon is a far right activist. He was arrested for allegedly breaching the peace and incitement outside a Leeds court during an ongoing grooming trial.

Contempt of court is a criminal offence that can see people jailed for speeches or publications that create a "substantial risk that the course of justice in the proceedings in question will be seriously impeded or prejudiced".

Robinson is already under a suspended sentence for committing contempt of court over a gang rape case heard in Canterbury last year.

Judge Heather Norton handed him a three months imprisonment in May last year but suspended it for 18 months on the condition he did not commit further offences.

Simples.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-18, 05:18 AM   #6
JU_88
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Tommy Robinson or to give him his real name Stephen Lennon is a far right activist. He was arrested for allegedly breaching the peace and incitement outside a Leeds court during an ongoing grooming trial.

Contempt of court is a criminal offence that can see people jailed for speeches or publications that create a "substantial risk that the course of justice in the proceedings in question will be seriously impeded or prejudiced".

Robinson is already under a suspended sentence for committing contempt of court over a gang rape case heard in Canterbury last year.

Judge Heather Norton handed him a three months imprisonment in May last year but suspended it for 18 months on the condition he did not commit further offences.

Simples.
What do you make of the Judges gag order though Jim?
The fact that its technically not even legal for this to be publicly discussed in the UK?
That doesn't irk you in the slightest?

Last edited by JU_88; 05-29-18 at 05:48 AM.
Old 05-29-18, 05:25 AM   #7
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JU_88 View Post
What do you make of the Judges gag order though Jim?
The fact that its technically not even legal for this to be publicly discussed in the UK?
That doesn't irk you in the slightest?
I try to be open minded and believe gagging orders are only used when absolutely necessary and in this instance with this particularly unsavoury character I feek it justified.

Would he feel so confident and justified if he were in China or Russia, or is it more a case of flouting a judicial system to accomodate his own ends?

Old 05-29-18, 05:50 AM   #8
JU_88
Silent Hunter

Fair enough, I can understand the reason behind Tommy's arrest,
(shifting gears slightly)
what disturbed me more, was the recent case of Mark Meechan, the Scottish Youtuber who made a crass joke in teaching his girlfriends pug to be a Nazi (on the basis that it was the most vile thing he could think of). It lead to his arrest, a lengthy trial at the end of which he narrowly avoided prison was fined 800 pounds. (and he was labeled far-right by the media) -yes it was offensive, but it was still clearly a joke and it was only possible to prosecute him by willfully ignoring that context.
Dragging people before the court for making an offensive joke is fairly new development in the UK, and a pretty Orwellian one.
Old 05-29-18, 08:30 AM   #9
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

As I've said, I try to be open minded on these matters but do recognise times and peoples behaviour are constantly changing so I equally recognise consequences may need to change accordingly.

Old 05-29-18, 11:04 AM   #10
SS Norholm
Shark Hunter

Downloads: 66

There's nothing 'Far Right' about Tommy.
He simply speaks the truth, the truth that the illegal government hide from people.

Old 05-29-18, 11:21 AM   #11
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:

Simples.
Thank you Jim for inform me why he got 13 month extra.

We have the same here in Denmark and Sweden.

A person can get (Betinget dom/villkorlig dom) conditional judgment
If the person commit a new crime during this period the punishment will be harder and longer.

Markus
Old 05-29-18, 11:33 AM   #12
JU_88
Silent Hunter

There's as much far right spin in that commentary video as there is far Left spin in your average Guardian article. (Alot of claims being made with nothing solid to back them up)
I think the truth is closer to, the authorities messed up/failed over the handling of grooming gangs and they will be keen to cover them selves. But also they want to keep the peace during a sensitive trial and Tommy is akin to a bull in a China shop.
He probably does have some legitimate ammunition but he remains a controversial figure with an axe to grind, as a journalist he is by no means 'impartial'.

Last edited by JU_88; 05-29-18 at 11:49 AM.
Old 05-29-18, 12:00 PM   #13
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Here's his livestream, not hard to see from the first 15 seconds why he was arrested in suspicion of breaching the peace.

Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-18, 02:28 PM   #14
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360

Quote:

Simples.

Great explanation Jim. I'm not familiar with with this particular case. U.S and British courts on occasion cite each others cases in that the U.S or British courts have established a precedence in dealing with a particular issue that the other country has yet to deal with.

The handling of this case seems to be consistent with how both country's deal with particularly " un-savory " characters.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-18, 02:34 PM   #15
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

I got what I needed in this case-Information about his arrestment and why he got the verdict he received.

The other thing, the reason to his demonstration in front of the courthouse in Leeds and it's the Muslim who are accused of grooming....well that's another discussion.

This is how I see it.

Markus