Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-13-18, 02:37 PM   #1
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 0

Icon8 Boys will be boys... NOT!

These days, I am never surprised at the depth that humans can sink. Often angered and disgusted, but not surprised. However what the human is a 12 year old.....

Eastern Iowa 12-Year-Old Faces Charges After Torturing Cat, Threatening Homeowners With Knife

Quote:

CLINTON, Iowa [Not in Florida for a change] - "He was having fun. He was calling out he was going to stab us in the chest, and he was all smiles; staring my wife in the face four inches away in the face. That's not right."
It all started when Clinton homeowner Wayne Miller heard a horn blow.
"I told my wife something wasn't right. I'm gonna check it out," Miller told WQAD.

He soon found out that horn was from his boat parked out back.
"The engine compartment was open, all the covers were open. That's when I knew someone had been there."
As he got up to inspect his property in disarray, someone jumped out with a knife.

"I caught him about here. That's when he spun around, said I have a knife. That's when I realized it was a kid," says Miller.
Miller tried talking to the boy, he told him he would just call his parents. He didn't want to hurt the kid so he loosened his grip on the boy's wrists, and that's when he got away, immediately lunging for his knife.
"My wife was right there, and he's saying he was going to stab us in the chest."

The two restrained the boy until police got there and arrested him.
"And this was even before we knew about the cat," says Miller.
Miller walked over to his front step after it all, that's where he found the family cat, Pitty Pat. The cat had clearly had a run in with the 12-year-old with a knife first.

"I picked her up, and I went to the hose, covered in fluids to get them off. "And that's where I saw the cut marks on her back and blood. I kind of lost it," says Miller.
Police say the cat was cut in the back and burned. It was rushed to the vet, but it later died.

Miller's installing a new security system around his home. He says he has to to keep his family safe.

The 12-year-old was charged with Burglary 1st Degree and Animal Torture.

In Iowa, 1st degree Burglary is a Class B felony subject to up to 25 years in prison. Animal Torture is a Aggravated Misdemeanor and is subject to up to 2 years in jail and a fine. In addition there will be a mandatory psych evaluation.

This kid is off to a swell start in life. I hope he gets the psych care he needs and I also hope he can never posses firearms. This kid sounds like a real danger to society.
Old 07-14-18, 03:33 AM   #2
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8

I wonder what kind of home this kid crawled out of, deadbeat parents and an abusive environment or is this kid clever enough to hide his sick behaviour from them?

But yeah great start .
Old 07-14-18, 04:39 AM   #3
Sean C
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 2

Sounds like a future serial killer to me. They often start out abusing animals. Seems this kid is on the fast track to graduating to people, though. Sad. I hope he either gets the help he needs or, if that doesn't work, is removed from civilized society ... one way or another.
Old 07-14-18, 05:37 AM   #4
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Uploads: 13

Perhaps the kid is lucky the police arrived before the homeowner found the family cat.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-18, 05:58 AM   #5
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Perhaps the kid is lucky the police arrived before the homeowner found the family cat.
Very lucky, if it where my cat and I would be living in the US I'd be a case of self defence if you catch my drift.
Old 07-14-18, 06:43 AM   #6
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterICX View Post
I wonder what kind of home this kid crawled out of, deadbeat parents and an abusive environment or is this kid clever enough to hide his sick behaviour from them?

But yeah great start .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaniel B. View Post
Sounds like a future serial killer to me. They often start out abusing animals. Seems this kid is on the fast track to graduating to people, though. Sad. I hope he either gets the help he needs or, if that doesn't work, is removed from civilized society ... one way or another.

I was thinking the same thing that you gentlemen both wrote. I don't understand what enjoyment one could derive from harming an animal. This kid needs help or something or getting the snot beat out of him by one of his peers his own age or both. From what I have read on Subsim and other places, people that like animals and animal owners like and enjoy the funny and quirky things animals do, not to mention how loyal most animals are.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-18, 09:56 AM   #7
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterICX View Post
Very lucky, if it where my cat and I would be living in the US I'd be a case of self defence if you catch my drift.
Rgr that

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote