Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-22-17, 04:57 PM   #106
Gerald
SUBSIM Newsman

Downloads: 548
Uploads: 0

Default USA gymnastics doctor Larry Nassar pleads guilty to sex charges

Quote:
Former USA Olympic gymnastics sports doctor Larry Nassar has pleaded guilty to seven charges of sexual assault against women and girls in his care.
He was charged with molesting seven girls, many of whom are gymnasts, while working for USA Gymnastics and Michigan State University.
As part of the plea deal, Nassar, 54, could face at least 25 years in prison.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42083977
Now spreading to the sport.

Marie Curie

Gerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-17, 05:05 PM   #107
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Over 125 women have accused Nassar of sexually abusing them while they were minors. Many of his victims were top-tier gymnasts, including Olympians Aly Raisman, Gabby Douglas and McKayla Maroney.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b025f8e931f695
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-17, 06:10 PM   #108
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

This points out a flaw in the defense offered by the advocates and defenders of a lot of the accused. Where, before, the accusations would be of a singular nature, now they are from many accusers for each case, and more of them are rather reputable and credible accusers. The offenders and their advocates are finding it harder to just try and dismiss the accusations by saying the accusers are motivated by money or fame, are of questionable mental stability, or questionable morals. The accusers are very often far more credible than the accused and the usual mitigations are just not holding up. Victims were often reluctant to come forward because they feared not only not being taken seriously, they also feared repercussions on themselves. Now they are finding support and credence. This should make a lot of the pervs and jerks a whole lot more uncomfortable about what may be coming their way, and that is good: let them sweat it out and be fearful, rather than their victims...

<O>
Old 11-22-17, 07:12 PM   #109
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Communication director leaves sinking ship ... I don't see how Judge Moore can win now with three weeks left to the special election that the GOP is trying to get the Governor of Alabama to suspend the election till these matters can be sorted out.

Quote:
John Rogers, communications director for Alabama GOP Senate candidate Roy Moore's campaign, has resigned, Washingtonian reported on Wednesday.
Rogers confirmed his resignation by phone but declined to comment further, the magazine reported. The decision comes as Moore faces multiple allegations of sexual misconduct, including accusations that he made advances on teenagers when he was in his 30s.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...D=ansmsnnews11
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-17, 12:04 AM   #110
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
This points out a flaw in the defense offered by the advocates and defenders of a lot of the accused. Where, before, the accusations would be of a singular nature, now they are from many accusers for each case, and more of them are rather reputable and credible accusers. The offenders and their advocates are finding it harder to just try and dismiss the accusations by saying the accusers are motivated by money or fame, are of questionable mental stability, or questionable morals. The accusers are very often far more credible than the accused and the usual mitigations are just not holding up. Victims were often reluctant to come forward because they feared not only not being taken seriously, they also feared repercussions on themselves. Now they are finding support and credence. This should make a lot of the pervs and jerks a whole lot more uncomfortable about what may be coming their way, and that is good: let them sweat it out and be fearful, rather than their victims...

<O>
I think it's pink vagina hat syndrome. It's a war on men, an extension of the whole "Trump isn't my president" thing. Join the sisterhood. Too many Hollywood types on our side going down, lets take down some from the other side as well.
Old 11-23-17, 04:34 AM   #111
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5

Even fictional folks are in the spotlight now: I just read about a mother who wants 'Sleeping Beauty' stories banned from schools because she thinks the prince is a sex-pest who engages in "non-consensual kissing".

I guess she'd like to see him thrown in an imaginary dungeon and the imaginary key thrown away?
Old 11-23-17, 07:25 AM   #112
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

Once it becomes clear that a simple accusation can ruin someone's political career, how long will it take for accusations to become a political weapon?

I have zero tolerance for sexual harassment.

But at the same time, I don't believe that accusations alone can establish guilt. They are, after accusations and not testimony.

I have one question: How is a person accused of sexual harassment allowed to defend themselves against the accusation?

As a society we can not allow a situation where accusations can be made but can't be defended against.
Old 11-23-17, 08:19 AM   #113
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

^ Agreed

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-17, 04:44 PM   #114
Gerald
SUBSIM Newsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post
Once it becomes clear that a simple accusation can ruin someone's political career, how long will it take for accusations to become a political weapon?

But at the same time, I don't believe that accusations alone can establish guilt. They are, after accusations and not testimony.

I have one question: How is a person accused of sexual harassment allowed to defend themselves against the accusation?

As a society we can not allow a situation where accusations can be made but can't be defended against.
True that.

Marie Curie

Old 11-24-17, 05:47 PM   #115
Gerald
SUBSIM Newsman

Default Child abuse reporting 'not working well'

http://www.bbc.com/news/video_and_au...rking-properly

Never stop.

Marie Curie

Old 11-25-17, 03:25 PM   #116
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Default They can't touch you for looking...

Old 11-27-17, 01:02 AM   #117
Gerald
SUBSIM Newsman

Update:https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1DQ0V7

Marie Curie

Old 11-27-17, 04:45 AM   #118
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendor View Post
The only thing he's guilty of in this picture is poor judgement. There isn't anyone that's going to get any sexual satisfaction from touching one of those vests, it was obviously meant as a joke.
Old 11-27-17, 10:07 AM   #119
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

My wife reckons that one day "improper looking" will also be an offence. Leering, in other words... so I'm bound to be whisked off pretty quickly if that happens
Old 11-27-17, 03:26 PM   #120
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post

Herman Caine. Whatever became of his accuser? There was some noise for a brief period, enough to torpedo his political campaign, and then it all the updates disappeared.