SUBSIM Radio Room Forums


SUBSIM: The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2017, 01:21 PM   #106
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job
 
propbeanie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: The Crossroads of Mid-America
Posts: 3,876
Downloads: 231
Uploads: 0


Default

Double- and Triple-check your sprelling and frolder stucture... be sure (like I have done) you don't have an EL "l" for a ONE "1", OH "O" for ZERO "0"... ?? not to insult your intelligence or anything like that, just that I've done all of that and more, and then sat there and stared at the screen for quite a while before it registered in my brain...
__________________

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 04:54 AM   #107
kibeldede
Torpedoman
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: England
Posts: 112
Downloads: 61
Uploads: 0
Default

Sorry, where is the D/L link for this ship?
kibeldede is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 05:00 AM   #108
Kendras
The Old Man
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: below the surface
Posts: 1,541
Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kibeldede View Post
Sorry, where is the D/L link for this ship?
See post #93.
Kendras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 05:09 AM   #109
Kendras
The Old Man
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: below the surface
Posts: 1,541
Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Double- and Triple-check your sprelling and frolder stucture... be sure (like I have done) you don't have an EL "l" for a ONE "1", OH "O" for ZERO "0"... ?? not to insult your intelligence or anything like that, just that I've done all of that and more, and then sat there and stared at the screen for quite a while before it registered in my brain...
There is really a problem with SH3. See this thread : http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=229836
Kendras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 05:13 AM   #110
kibeldede
Torpedoman
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: England
Posts: 112
Downloads: 61
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendras View Post
See post #93.
Ready but not released yet? Ok. I can wait.
kibeldede is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 04:39 PM   #111
nik112
Sonar Guy
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Greece
Posts: 376
Downloads: 255
Uploads: 0
Default

Also i want to ask when the camo skin will be released

chears
nik112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 06:06 PM   #112
Kendras
The Old Man
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: below the surface
Posts: 1,541
Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik112 View Post
Also i want to ask when the camo skin will be released

chears
Monday
Kendras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 12:18 PM   #113
Fubar2Niner
Silent Hunter
 
Fubar2Niner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: London. UK
Posts: 4,249
Downloads: 252
Uploads: 0


radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendras View Post
Monday

Sooooo where is it Only kidding mate, looking forward to it whenever you're ready

Best regards.

Fubar
__________________


My Mediafire account:
http://www.mediafire.com/?pq6fesgls2il0
Fubar2Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 01:14 PM   #114
Kendras
The Old Man
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: below the surface
Posts: 1,541
Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubar2Niner View Post
Sooooo where is it
OK, never mind, no platforms and no Bofors guns. Sea first post for the D/L link. Please read the README in the "mods docs" folder.

Best !
Kendras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 01:55 PM   #115
Fubar2Niner
Silent Hunter
 
Fubar2Niner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: London. UK
Posts: 4,249
Downloads: 252
Uploads: 0


Icon14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendras View Post
OK, never mind, no platforms and no Bofors guns. Sea first post for the D/L link. Please read the README in the "mods docs" folder.

Best !
Thanks mate Who knows maybe one day for the platforms and guns

Best regards.

Fubar
__________________


My Mediafire account:
http://www.mediafire.com/?pq6fesgls2il0
Fubar2Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 02:36 PM   #116
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot
 
Jeff-Groves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Nevada, Ohio
Posts: 1,990
Downloads: 33
Uploads: 0


Default

Octals with a platform is easy to do. All I need is a good view of the platform you want.

I'll cut the stock Octals out of the guns.* files and make a stand alone.
The Bofors I can do a version based off my 12 pounder files.
Jeff-Groves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 03:00 PM   #117
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot
 
Jeff-Groves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Nevada, Ohio
Posts: 1,990
Downloads: 33
Uploads: 0


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendras View Post
Hi,


Finally, I tried to modify the 3D model to correct the stairs. I managed to do this, but as I expected, the AO map is no more correct :


You can do the ladder without remapping everything.

Export the 3D models and delete that ladder in both obj files then re-import them.

Take the original obj files you exported and delete everything BUT the ladder.

Add a node to the ship where the ladder goes and import the new ladder files. Rotate that node to get the ladder where you want it.
No re-uv work needs to be done once you adjust things.
Jeff-Groves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 03:23 PM   #118
VonDos
The Old Man
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Italy
Posts: 1,440
Downloads: 21
Uploads: 0
Default

Easy but sooooo smart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
You can do the ladder without remapping everything.

Export the 3D models and delete that ladder in both obj files then re-import them.

Take the original obj files you exported and delete everything BUT the ladder.

Add a node to the ship where the ladder goes and import the new ladder files. Rotate that node to get the ladder where you want it.
No re-uv work needs to be done once you adjust things.
__________________

Those, others and WIP ships are avaiable in my SHIPYARD here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=136508
VonDos is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 03:28 PM   #119
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot
 
Jeff-Groves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Nevada, Ohio
Posts: 1,990
Downloads: 33
Uploads: 0


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonDos View Post
Easy but sooooo smart!
Work the files. Don't let them work you.
Jeff-Groves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 03:46 PM   #120
Kendras
The Old Man
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: below the surface
Posts: 1,541
Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
Octals with a platform is easy to do. All I need is a good view of the platform you want.

I'll cut the stock Octals out of the guns.* files and make a stand alone.
The Bofors I can do a version based off my 12 pounder files.
OK.

1. Octuple pom pom platform :

 







Basis of the platform on the left side :




2. Quadruple Bofors platform :

 



The basis is flat.


You can see the details on this video :

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...3&postcount=64
Kendras is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1995- 2019 Subsim