SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-17-19, 05:51 PM   #16
StickMasterSteven
Watch

Downloads: 169
Uploads: 0

Thanks for the info. About to try your steps. Will post an update in a sec if it works.
StickMasterSteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-19, 06:01 PM   #17
StickMasterSteven
Watch

Downloads: 169

It worked! Huge thanks to all who helped.
StickMasterSteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-19, 10:41 AM   #18
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickMasterSteven View Post
It worked! Huge thanks to all who helped.
That's great! However, I forgot to include one very important step:

After completing the SH4 install with or without Mods, you need to run the Large Address Aware (LAA) utility (it is in the Utility section of Downloads). THe file name is:
[TEC] Large Address Aware (32bit OS RAM Usage Fix)

I let it install to the D:\Ubisoft folder, and put a shortcut on my desktop because I also run it for SH3 and any other older game.

LAA will allow the SH4.exe program to exceed the 2GB maximum memory limit that is built into the program. It's pretty self-explanatory, as you can see from these simple steps:

First , if the SH4.exe from the game folder does not already show in the PATH box, use the ADD function to browse to your game folder and highlight the SH4.exe program.
After completing the Add, check the box in front of that line in LAA, and then from the "With Selected" command, click on the first line to force the program to be Large Address Aware.

The LAA Status should now show TRUE.

Running this will prevent CTD's and greatly enhance your SH4 experience.

Good luck, and have FUN!

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-19, 03:38 PM   #19
abc_000
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Icon14

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
Be sure that all folders, sub-folders, and files are not set to Read Only. Right click on the base folder where you installed the game (i.e. Silent_Hunter_IV or whatever you called it). Select properties, UNCHECK the Read Only box, then CHECK the "Subfolders and Files" box. Click on Apply. It will take a few minutes to complete the process. That should allow JSGME to apply the mod properly. Worked for me, anyway. Good Luck.
Got the same mods-unworking problem, applied your "uncheck read onky box", and then every mods WORK !
Thanks to you all, mates
Old 04-07-19, 07:18 PM   #20
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

abc_000!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-24, 06:05 PM   #21
TitanicThomas
Swabbie

Downloads: 51
Default Cant get JSGME working at all.

So I dont know what I am doing wrong and I am kinda at my wits end on this one. I want to get Silent Hunter 5 Wolves of Steel running but every time I download it the JSGME just fails to download or load. It basically tells me "was unable to find file."

Its been years sense I have actually downloaded this mod and sadly the instructions are kinda lacking on any issues like this or really what I am doing wrong here as I did follow the instructions (At least I believe I did to the degree it requested) and I really want to play this game while waiting for the game Uboat to fully release and probably even after that.

Does anyone have any solutions that could help me here... as sadly SH5 base game is simply just unplayable.
TitanicThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-24, 06:48 PM   #22
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

The Wolves of Steel (TWoS) is an SH5 mod, and you have landed in an SH4 section. However, no biggie. Just to be aware. In the meantime, you do not need JSGME with TWoS. It is an executable file, such as:
"The_Wolves_of_Steel_2.2_SH5_Expansion_Pack_v2.2.6_ Full.exe"
Once you have it downloaded, just run it, and it will extract and install itself. It does follow the Windows registry though, and you are better off not having your SH5 installed in a Program Files folder. Be sure and read vdr1981's instructions at [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod... He has pdf instructions listed in his signature there, or from The_Wolves_of_Steel_2.2_Install_instructions.pdf - Good luck!

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-24, 03:34 PM   #23
TitanicThomas
Swabbie

Downloads: 51
Default Oh I did not intend to be on the wrong forum

Yeah. As the title said I was not intending to be in the wrong one. If I had found the issue in a silent hunter 5 forum I would of went there but sadly I could not find anyone there. I hope this issue is solved with another install as the issue I was having is the Silent Hunter 5 JSGME was not actually being made when I did the launcher. Though I had no idea why this would happen even with the steps. Sorry again.
TitanicThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-24, 03:48 PM   #24
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

The TWoS mods end up in a slightly differntly named folder... I am not at my SH5 computer at the moment though, and cannot remember the path... If I get a chance later this evening, I'll try to take a look. Surely though, someone else will come along in the meantime.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-24, 05:13 PM   #25
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 433
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanicThomas View Post
Yeah. As the title said I was not intending to be in the wrong one. If I had found the issue in a silent hunter 5 forum I would of went there but sadly I could not find anyone there. I hope this issue is solved with another install as the issue I was having is the Silent Hunter 5 JSGME was not actually being made when I did the launcher. Though I had no idea why this would happen even with the steps. Sorry again.
Thomas,

There are visitors to SH5 forums. There are times when real life (RL) steps in and that causes some regular visitors to not visit for a while.

so feel free to post in the proper/respective forum, just know that the answer to your post may not be immediate.

km

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote