Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-18-14, 11:09 AM   #1
Overkill
Frogman

Downloads: 128
Uploads: 0
Default Graphic issues

I have a Nvidia GeForce GTX 680M in my laptop. The problem is none of the menu screens show the selections. If I hover over where one should be it will flicker. I'm able to tell what it says on the main menu screen but when trying to choose a mission or campaign it's impossible to tell what's going on as the option only flashes once and then disappears. Anyone else encountered this issue with the newer video cards? Know any cures?
Overkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-14, 04:54 PM   #2
Hinrich Schwab
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill View Post
I have a Nvidia GeForce GTX 680M in my laptop. The problem is none of the menu screens show the selections. If I hover over where one should be it will flicker. I'm able to tell what it says on the main menu screen but when trying to choose a mission or campaign it's impossible to tell what's going on as the option only flashes once and then disappears. Anyone else encountered this issue with the newer video cards? Know any cures?
Go into the Nvidia Control Panel and either add an entry for Dangerous Waters or check the defaults to make sure that Antiailiasing and Anisotropic Filtering are disabled. Also, bear in mind that Dangerous Waters hates multi-core processors. Multi-core hiccups can also cause this issue.
Hinrich Schwab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-14, 06:03 PM   #3
Overkill
Frogman

Thank you, sir! I will give that a shot.
Old 04-18-14, 07:00 PM   #4
Overkill
Frogman

I went into the NVIDIA Control Panel and setup Dangerous Waters for Integrated Graphics rather than the NVIDIA card and now it works perfect! I appreciate the help. I'm look'n forward to playing this classic again.
Old 04-30-14, 06:42 AM   #5
Furia
Surface Shepherd

Downloads: 94

I have retourned to play dangerous Waters since a very looong time in dry dock and I am enjoying it like the first day.

However I have to say that graphic quality is even worst than 9 years ago.

I have a GTX 560 Ti and a monitor running at 1920 x 1080 and the ressolution and jagged lines are ugly on the 3D models.
I do not expect graphics like ARMA 3 or DCS World but at least something decent.
I have seen some screenies with nice ressolution no jagged lines ·D models in DW and I wonder if someone with a similar rig than me could give me some tips of how to bring back old DW.

Thanks
Old 04-30-14, 04:52 PM   #6
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furia View Post
I have retourned to play dangerous Waters since a very looong time in dry dock and I am enjoying it like the first day.

However I have to say that graphic quality is even worst than 9 years ago.

I have a GTX 560 Ti and a monitor running at 1920 x 1080 and the ressolution and jagged lines are ugly on the 3D models.
I do not expect graphics like ARMA 3 or DCS World but at least something decent.
I have seen some screenies with nice ressolution no jagged lines ·D models in DW and I wonder if someone with a similar rig than me could give me some tips of how to bring back old DW.

Thanks
Care to post a screenshot? Unfortunately, DW supports a limited amount of resolutions so if you graphics card is stretching the game to fit your resolution, it's going to look worse than it can running at a native resolution-type thing. There should be an option in your graphics card to keep it from stretching which will have it display on your monitor with black around it.

My videos:
**Exclusive Look at Modern Naval Warfare!**
Dangerous Waters Liu Doctrine (LwAmi
Learn to play Dangerous Waters
FPSchazly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-14, 12:34 PM   #7
Overkill
Frogman

Furia, once I went into the NVIDIA Control Panel and setup Dangerous Waters for Integrated Graphics I was able to configure it for 1280 x 1024 resolution. That's the highest that the game allows but it looks good. However it's going to run in a 4:3 aspect ratio since the game come out before widescreen 16:9 monitors were the norm. If you have it in the 16:9 ratio it's going to stretch the image and make it look rough.