SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-01-17, 07:06 AM   #1
Red Devil
The Old Man

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 0
Default SH4 on Steam

I dont have it on steam, having the cd instead. I recently replied to a person asking on Steam if SH4 was worth it? I think he quoted $.9.99 !!!! My first thought was yes of course it worth it, but thought about it and sposted this reply on Steam. One person said the mods 'suck' and I totally disagreed so posted this:

I use mods from subsim.com, yes, they work, but read the forum posts on mods, experts tell you in what order to use them. If so inclined you can even change, via mods, from US sub fleet to Uboat. I have original disc of SH4 from day one and am still playing it. Graphics are excellent (I have Ge force FX 1060 6GB), and the graphics are realistic. YES, there are some bugs, but nowhere near as many as when the Bug Company. Ubisoft, first let it out. A lot of the mods fixed things. Its great value. Taking out two Yamatos and a Kongo class battleships in one task force was one of the highlights.I am OFFLINE. I understand SH4 online might have terminated. If it may not run, or refuses, go into the desktop icon, click properties and compatibility and tick the lower Adminstrator box (win 10). Compatibility is Vista. But of course every pc is different. I have been running SH4 since whatever was before vista.

ALWAYS install mods on virgin installation. I play on 'normal' because, as in real life, destroyers have to search for you. Any higher and your either very lucky or on the ocean bed.
>
Darkness is only the absence of Light; Ignorance is only the absence of knowledge ©

www.worldwartwo.uk
www.captainwalker.uk
Red Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-17, 07:49 AM   #2
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi RD
Quite often with downloads they often only include the basic version and you have to pay extra or patch it to get the latest version.
With SH4 you also need the U-Boat missions addon to update the game to the latest version which means it is another download and additional cost.

Highly recommended
Post #2 THEBERBSTERS All In One Beginners Mega Mod For SH4 < Includes Download

100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v0.63_PublicBeta_E N > FOTRSU Completely Revised Mega Mod > Latest Update

Large Address Aware (LAA) > Download Link < Essential Application for SH4
Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-17, 09:35 AM   #3
Red Devil
The Old Man

Downloads: 258

something I didnt know, thanks
>
Darkness is only the absence of Light; Ignorance is only the absence of knowledge ©

www.worldwartwo.uk
www.captainwalker.uk
Red Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-17, 06:32 PM   #4
Weasel665
Watch

Downloads: 404

I have SH3,4 and 5 via Steam, worth every penny spent! Thanks to SUBSIM and all those who support this site it has provided endless hours of entertainment.
Weasel665 is offline   Reply With Quote