Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 12-30-13, 04:15 PM   #1
bertieck476
Chief

Downloads: 33
Uploads: 0
Default T72 problems

Hi folks just downloaded iron warriors t72 from steam, it just wont start, get a message screen but is gone to quick for me to read it, my O/S is vista 64bit.

I have downloaded other older games recently like DW and sub/fleet command and they worked right as rain, any ideas very welcome.

thanks Bert.

Old 12-31-13, 01:07 AM   #2
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Downloads: 115

My AVG said there was something wrong with a file and it deleted it.

Try verifying the Game Cache in Steam to see if you're missing any files.
Old 12-31-13, 01:08 AM   #3
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Default T 72

I have that game installed both on Vista 64 and Win 7 64 and it works flawlessly....

Now I installed it on a separate partition rather than the default C: drive to avoid the Admin user issue.

Have you tried applying compatibility settings for the game? It's an old game (2005) and designed for Win XP. I've tried that successfully with many old games letting Windows set the compatibility and then the game would start. Otherwise try re-installing in case your install is corrupted....
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-13, 01:36 AM   #4
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by frinik View Post
Have you tried applying compatibility settings for the game? It's an old game (2005) and designed for Win XP. I've tried that successfully with many old games letting Windows set the compatibility and then the game would start. Otherwise try re-installing in case your install is corrupted....
My Steam folder is on D...and Steam won't let you apply the settings.

It uses a batch file to run the .exe and you can't run either one manually. I tried.
Old 12-31-13, 02:14 PM   #5
bertieck476
Chief

I tried moving it out of prog files x86 where steam puts it but it wont let you start, saying you have to start through steam, then when I try to start through steam it fails and a message flashes up real quick. I will try re installing as you suggested though.
bertieck476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-14, 02:14 AM   #6
Spyguy101
Helmsman

Downloads: 39

Have you installed DivX? I was having same issue then someone told me the game requires this program to run the videos in it.
Spyguy101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-14, 11:13 AM   #7
bertieck476
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyguy101 View Post
Have you installed DivX? I was having same issue then someone told me the game requires this program to run the videos in it.
Hi thanks for posting, I came across some info about this and tried installing it from the T72 folder, it installed to a point then said it was incompatible with my OS, I dont know how to get around this.
Old 01-01-14, 03:00 PM   #8
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Default T72

Have you tried the compatibility settings on your steam icon? Because I just tried on my pc and it let me apply. Also check to see if your anti virus is not blocking the program(exe).

I have the game from a disc not from Steam so I can't tell you much. But I remember having to use compatibility settings to use on both Vista and Win7....
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-14, 07:09 PM   #9
bertieck476
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by frinik View Post
Have you tried the compatibility settings on your steam icon? Because I just tried on my pc and it let me apply. Also check to see if your anti virus is not blocking the program(exe).

I have the game from a disc not from Steam so I can't tell you much. But I remember having to use compatibility settings to use on both Vista and Win7....
Hi, I tried the compatibility settings on my steam icon and it did let me but with a warning not to from steam, I tried reloading it but still did not work. I then tried compatibility on the divx and reinstalled that it initially gave me a incompatibility known issues warning but it loaded fully and now seems to work, so fingers crossed it will now be ok.
Thanks to all for your help Bert.
Old 01-01-14, 09:29 PM   #10
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertieck476 View Post
Hi, I tried the compatibility settings on my steam icon and it did let me but with a warning not to from steam, I tried reloading it but still did not work. I then tried compatibility on the divx and reinstalled that it initially gave me a incompatibility known issues warning but it loaded fully and now seems to work, so fingers crossed it will now be ok.
Thanks to all for your help Bert.
I'm going to do that too...

Thanks for the help and for starting this thread.