SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-27-14, 10:32 AM   #1
U-45 VIIB
Swabbie

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0
Default Sh3 commander questions

I have been thinking of downloading commander and i have a few questions i have GWX gold and I'm in the middle of a career that i would hate to lose,will i have to restart a career? and i was wondering what overall game play changes that commander does?
U-45 VIIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-14, 01:37 PM   #2
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Commander is an external program that lets you control the game from the outside, while also adding cool stuff to the inside. It's not actually a mod, so it can be installed at any time.

As to what it does? It

1) Lets you control many parameters of the game, such as starting patrols at sea to avoid the slowdowns with harbor traffic, have a realistic career length so you get retired after a certain amount of time and patrols, have crew members transfer in and out at random, have certain u-boats available at the historically correct times, control how many days you spend in base between patrols (or randomise them), randomise gramaphone tracks, and have real historical names, crew numbers and cargo listings for the ships you sink (my personal favorite). Note that all those things are optional - Commander doesn't make them happen, but allows you to set which ones will happen.

2) Control whether the 'Hull Integrity' guage is on or off.

3) Control how the crew experiences fatigue (including 'No Fatigue'), adjust how clear the underwater view is, set how high the waves are at different sea states (the game won't go higher than 15 m/s, but you can make the waves twice as high so it seems like 30 m/s), set the reload times for the deck guns, have systems fail due to malfunctions or sabotage, have the tonnage of sunk ships be more random, have your own crush depth be randomized so you can't be sure exactly how deep you can go.

4) Set the time compression rate for every single event in the game to be what you want.

5) Set the fonts in your personnel files so the typing looks how you want it too.

6) Has a randomized database for crew names that gives 1.6 billion possible name combinations.

7) Lets you award medals and give promotions to your crew at your discretion, not the game's.

8) Lets you go to the nightclub and listen to other officer's opinions on how the war is going.

Basically it does for your SH3 career what the supermods do for the game experience.
Old 07-27-14, 03:16 PM   #3
U-45 VIIB
Swabbie

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Thanks a lot for the info, I downloaded it and installed it and so far I really like it, thanks again!
U-45 VIIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-14, 07:08 PM   #4
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

2 add-ons you might like:

Ship Names mod: Adds more than 12,000 new names for ships that you sink.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=4022

Loading Screens mod: Adds 100 different loading screens and randomizes them so you get a different one every time you load the game with Commander. Also adds 3 different map backgrounds and 25 different marches the band will play when you leave and enter port.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=2822