SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-18-11, 07:50 AM   #46
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3214
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankowski View Post
its an interesting mod.

you dont have to install it, it works on its own!
What? It includes SH3?????

Downloading now the last parts...

Can you post some screenshots?

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-11, 11:42 AM   #47
Fubar2Niner
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 275

Indeed it does Fitz. Not once but twice

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner
Fubar2Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-11, 12:34 PM   #48
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubar2Niner View Post
Indeed it does Fitz. Not once but twice

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner
Ouch!...An hypermod! (Is it legal?).

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
Old 01-18-11, 01:00 PM   #49
Fubar2Niner
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 275

A perplexing question mate, as it has the reloaded hack, then I'd guess I'd have to say no, it's not legal. However said hack has been discussed here for some time, (hope I'm not bucking the rules here, sorry in advance if that's so). As for the actual mod itself, it does contain as you said GWX, NYGM, TW, AOTD and others, so if the modders perms were not asked for or granted, I'd say it was unethical rather than illegal.

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner
Fubar2Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-11, 03:38 PM   #50
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Quote:
A perplexing question mate, as it has the reloaded hack, then I'd guess I'd have to say no, it's not legal. However said hack has been discussed here for some time, (hope I'm not bucking the rules here, sorry in advance if that's so). As for the actual mod itself, it does contain as you said GWX, NYGM, TW, AOTD and others, so if the modders perms were not asked for or granted, I'd say it was unethical rather than illegal.

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner
OK.

That unethical combination of mods...works??? GWX plus NYGM???? Mjmmm...

I´ll try the combination of mods: with the data folder I´ll make a JSGME mod and I´ll apply that on a new installation of my original SH3. Of course, if it´s possible.

Many thanks

Fitzcarraldo

Old 01-18-11, 05:29 PM   #51
Jankowski
Frogman

Downloads: 17

Ah, so thats what they are called. Hypermods. though maybe there is thanks to all the other modders, but we cant read it because it is Russian?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhB8_kvT9ms
Jankowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-11, 07:35 AM   #52
Krabb
Navy Dude

Downloads: 32

I'm pretty sure there is no thanks. Actually there is even no readme in the archive.

I did a translation of the mod description. Sorry for my English. I hope it's better than Google Translator .

Quote:
I decided to open a topic here about my mod. There is interest both here and on Subsim.

The mod made on the basis of SH3.

You can download it from my address:
files.mail.ru/0C98XX
files.mail.ru/OW5P1V
files.mail.ru/98WHT0
files.mail.ru/2YZ6WR
files.mail.ru/OFR67Y
files.mail.ru/OFR67Y

You need to download all files. All 34 parts of the mod.
You can install it as a separate game. But without a licensed installation of at least one game, it will not work, so better to install it on a license from 1C (note - russian version of SH3).
Brief description of War Elite v.2.0 I can give is - a supermod which includes all of the existing mods and supermods (GW, GWX, NYGM, TW, AOTD and others) as well as an integrated parts of the Silent Hunter 4. The size of the mod is more than 5 GB in a non-archived form (note - after install).

Currently version 3.0 has already been created, but it is far ahead of the hardware possibilities and can not be tested. Therefore, it will be posted when my computer and others will meet the requirements. New mod version is different from version 2 by introducing qualitative changes (such as the fact that the aircraft can see the boat at periscope depth when in good weather, the explosions of depth charges muffle the ship acoustics, etc.), full integration of the features of Silent Hunter 4 (except for the unsupported parachutes of downed pilots, signal lights and graphics). Further improvement of graphics and many more. Have improved virtually all units. The size of version 3 adds more than 5 GB to the previous 5 GB of War Elite mod version 2.

Now already published the second patch for the game, completely eliminating all errors.

Due to the fact that the mod can't be downloaded from FF because of its size, anyone can PM me their mailboxes, and the mod will be sent via email.

I wish you all a pleasant recreation with the mod.
Krabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-11, 08:34 AM   #53
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krabb View Post
I'm pretty sure there is no thanks. Actually there is even no readme in the archive.

I did a translation of the mod description. Sorry for my English. I hope it's better than Google Translator .
Thanks for the traslation. Is possible "extract" some submods for this mod from use in GWX or LSH3?

Many thanks!

Fitzcarraldo

Old 01-19-11, 09:08 AM   #54
Krabb
Navy Dude

Of course it's possible. But I think the only useful thing that can be "extracted" from it is new units.

Actually most of these new units can be downloaded from russian forum: http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=44659. It is a library of ships and aircrafts mostly done by Denis. War Elite compiles them all in one mod with some extra changes.
Old 01-19-11, 09:45 AM   #55
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krabb View Post
Of course it's possible. But I think the only useful thing that can be "extracted" from it is new units.

Actually most of these new units can be downloaded from russian forum: http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=44659. It is a library of ships and aircrafts mostly done by Denis. War Elite compiles them all in one mod with some extra changes.
Many thanks! I don´t understand how this mod makes compatible GWX and NYGM...

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

Old 01-19-11, 10:44 AM   #56
Krabb
Navy Dude

Part from here, part from there... I guess only the units were taken from supermods. Anyway War Elite is two years old now.
Old 01-19-11, 07:42 PM   #57
Jankowski
Frogman

Downloads: 17

well we can cannibalise this mod to take out the units, but the other stuff is probably out of date.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhB8_kvT9ms
Jankowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-11, 11:17 PM   #58
foz
Soundman

Downloads: 220
Default [REL] War Elite v.2 mod

looks like fun something different , playing now , old or new its sh3.
foz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-11, 10:20 AM   #59
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankowski View Post
well we can cannibalise this mod to take out the units, but the other stuff is probably out of date.
What units are worth of "cannibalise" from this mod? Russian ships?

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo

Old 02-01-11, 02:56 PM   #60
denis_469
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 135

Quote:

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner
I asking modders and groups who made GWX and other for permission... All say that can use. But now I forget total about War Elite v.2.0 so I made this mode in 2007 year. Now 2011 year.
And I glad see, that my mod need anyone... Thank all who d/l and playing. War Elite v.3.0 can not made so engine limite SH3/4 engine not can use more then 2 Gb memory and video memory. If any can error for load save game from 1943 year - you need replace texture bottom in textures with less size grafic.

Near all Data directorie in game was rework total that need made work files from various mods in one mod.

Last edited by denis_469; 02-01-11 at 03:49 PM.
denis_469 is offline   Reply With Quote