SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-14-07, 01:33 PM   #91
skwasjer
The Old Man

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergbuto
Finally, I have been able to try the program out. It is very nice and handy to have a tool like that. Great work, thanks.

A couple of comments, suggestions if I may:

1. In present version all the nodes are represented by folders. There is no distinction between nodes which have or do not have daughter nodes. Therefore, to find that out, it is necessary to go through all the folders which is somewhat inconvenient.

2. Would be nice to be able to export a few chunks at once by selecting them with the help of Ctrl key.
Thanks, I'll keep it in mind (it's added to my log). Not sure if/when I get to this... Probably a few versions ahead...
skwasjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-07, 02:09 PM   #92
UBOAT234
Weps

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Skwasjer,

With regard to of the format of the construction file 3D, Bump and Occlusion, for import format, is necessary 3D Studio format?

www.uboat234.com
UBOAT234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-07, 02:27 PM   #93
skwasjer
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBOAT234
Skwasjer,

With regard to of the format of the construction file 3D, Bump and Occlusion, for import format, is necessary 3D Studio format?
I'm still testing various formats (amongst which .3ds, .max, .ase, .obj), so I can't say for sure which will be supported right now.
Old 08-14-07, 03:14 PM   #94
Mraah
Engineer

Downloads: 8

Skwasjer,

I'm enjoying your new program ... thank you!!

I'm curious about looking into the SHController.ACT file. I'm looking for possible embedded images. I'm thinking the grid for the PPI radar scope is either located in this file or one of the DAT files for the conning tower. At the moment, the DAT files shows there are images there, although probably just parts of the conning tower images.

I'm looking forward to when you'll have the ability to view and import/export those embedded images.

Thanks again for your program!!

Mraah
Mraah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-07, 04:18 PM   #95
sergbuto
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleun_Endrass
Nice tool! I know it´s alot of work and time to develop such kind of progs.
I did one on my own but I don´t have the time to finish it.
Maybe you can make available what has been accomplished by now (including the source code) and maybe someone will be brave to pick it up and develop further.
Old 08-14-07, 04:44 PM   #96
UBOAT234
Weps

Quote:
Originally Posted by skwasjer
Quote:
Skwasjer,

I'm still testing various formats (amongst which .3ds, .max, .ase, .obj), so I can't say for sure which will be supported right now.
Many Thanks.

I have worked a lot with the .zon file.
I have noted, 3Ditor read in strange/revers mode, one bit for one bit from right on the left, the ID zone SH3ZonesCtrl

This is the chunk:

This is ID of the chunk:

And this is the reading of 3Ditor

Second demand:
Is possible add a windows with hex data of the chunk of the file opened?

I'm sorry for my bad English

Thanks for the interest

www.uboat234.com
UBOAT234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-07, 05:44 PM   #97
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default what download or vs are you supose to use for

net frame work to make this work? There are a lot of choices and options so what do you need exactly? I tryed one of them and your install didn't recognize it as being the correct vs.
leovampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-07, 06:47 AM   #98
SquareSteelBar
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618
Hi Skwasjer,

many THX for that really fine tool - it saves much of my time...

One Q: is it possible to implement a clone function [changing IDs] like in Pack3D?

So long,
SquareSteelBar
SquareSteelBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-07, 09:19 AM   #99
skwasjer
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquareSteelBar
One Q: is it possible to implement a clone function [changing IDs] like in Pack3D?
For now, the only way to clone chunks is to export them, and import them back again (File > Export/Import > Raw chunk). Make sure to export with header, and when importing choose the 'insert' option. After import you'll have two identical chunks, so you have to change id's yourself...
Note: on import, nodes will be inserted before the selected node...

Quote:
Originally Posted by leovampire
net frame work to make this work? There are a lot of choices and options so what do you need exactly? I tryed one of them and your install didn't recognize it as being the correct vs.

My first post contains a link to the .NET 2 download. If you run Vista, .NET does not need to be installed. If you still have problems, post the error please...

Quote:
I have noted, 3Ditor read in strange/revers mode, one bit for one bit from right on the left, the ID zone SH3ZonesCtrl

Your hex shot shows how unsigned longs are written in binary, yes. However, when reading an unsigned long, the endianness determines how the byte sequence is read. Windows and from what I can tell, the game too (at least it does for 'ints', and 'shorts' as well) uses little endian order, so translated in my tool, the value reads in reverse.
Not sure about other tools, but most likely java tools use big endian, so the byte order is reversed. I guess I could add an option to show id's in big endian, but for certain values I would not be able to do this (because S3D does not know it deals with an id for instance in the 'properties' section). This will lead to more confusion than the way it is now. For now, I'll make sure this is noted in the documentation, and I'll think about further... Thanks.

Quote:
Second demand:
Is possible add a windows with hex data of the chunk of the file opened?
Lets make that a 'request' . It's already on my todo, however, will take a couple of versions before it will be implemented.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mraah
I'm looking forward to when you'll have the ability to view and import/export those embedded images.
If you are referring to an 'Embedded image' you can already export and import them. There should be two links on the right when you select an image chunk.

Thanks all, for the comments, they are noted and appreciated

Old 08-15-07, 05:17 PM   #100
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default thanks for the reply skwasjer

but the link your S3D tool send you to has changed to a new one and when you go there it now gives you a ton of options on downloads. So through trial and error I ended up finding the one I needed.

But now that your tool is running I see that you did an awsome job thanks. Want any money for this BTW?
leovampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-07, 08:08 PM   #101
skwasjer
The Old Man

Quote:
but the link your S3D tool send you to has changed to a new one and when you go there it now gives you a ton of options on downloads. So through trial and error I ended up finding the one I needed.
Oh... I've updated my first post with new/more links to installers for .NET/DirectX. I'll also have a look at the installer. Sorry you had this much trouble... At first, I didn't understand your problem correctly.

Quote:
But now that your tool is running I see that you did an awsome job thanks. Want any money for this BTW?
I'm too flattered... what about all the other great work out there!

I won't deny, donations are always welcome, but it's up to you. It says something about you for asking this... Don't feel obliged though!

People that are interested can PM me for my paypal account.
Old 08-16-07, 12:27 AM   #102
tater
Navy Seal

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 2

Will the 3d object preview break down the parts? Ie: If I was to click on the _cos chunk it would isolate that funnel?

The more I use this, the cooler it is. Can't wait for functionality that makes it more idiot proof (tater proof ).

Very cool,

spud for brains
tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-07, 03:51 AM   #103
WilhelmTell
Engineer

Downloads: 38

Did I mention that this tool is great? Well this tool is really great !!

Tell
WilhelmTell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-07, 07:59 AM   #104
skwasjer
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by tater
Will the 3d object preview break down the parts? Ie: If I was to click on the _cos chunk it would isolate that funnel?

The more I use this, the cooler it is. Can't wait for functionality that makes it more idiot proof (tater proof ).

Very cool,

spud for brains
That was the idea yea. Similar idea for exporting models, while you could export all at once you should be able to choose to export only the (sub)tree...

Glad you guys like it I like browsing the files too. I keep discovering new data...
Old 08-16-07, 08:02 AM   #105
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Nice work on this, great tool that seems to be evolving very nicely

RDP

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote