SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-05-17, 03:29 PM   #1
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Default Better US Crew AI(gunners) and Player Rank Fix

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=5229

Always annoyed me how terrible shots the deck gun crew are by default. I did some playing around and noticed their range for engagement with deck guns were set really low, same with AA guns. I did some adjusting slightly increasing range and saw a lot of difference in accuracy. While not snipers(dont want that, just reasonable shooting from a trained crew) they are a lot more accurate and do not require you to get 2000 yards away just to get some shots on a large merchant, putting sub in ridiculous amount of peril, esp in later war.

Second part of this mod adjusts the player's rank. After four "good" patrols you will be promoted to Commander as normal . However, it will now take 12 to make Captain. I did this since it's a nice step from Commander to Captain even in the war and a Captain would not be commanding a sub except in very limited circumstances. I figured 12 patrols would be plenty.

Also changed the amount of acceptable damage to 99. So if you get your sub banged up fighting the enemy , won't lose command if you make it home unless it reaches 99 percent. I did this thinking it is silly to be relieved punitively after fighting and making it home. Galantin was relieved after bringing Halibut back seriously damaged but only because it was his 5th patrol and was promoted. Skipper of the Salmon was not relieved far as I know after his sub was severely damage. Sometimes you get banged up pretty bad fighting your sub, it happens. I figure for sim purposes, if managed to limp back and can be repaired, no reason to lose career.

This mod is for TMO and RSRD. Works without RSRD as well.
Place in mods folder, enable JSGME

Last edited by Bubblehead1980; 06-05-17 at 04:10 PM.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-17, 04:03 PM   #2
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 18

Nice ! can you share the tweaks for teh german side ?

k

keltos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-17, 04:10 PM   #3
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by keltos01 View Post
Nice ! can you share the tweaks for teh german side ?

k
I didn't touch the German side. However, I will do that and upload later today . I'm sure its been asked before. Any idea if it would be possible to make the AA guns act like deck guns. I'd give up AA guns if could have the 40 MM and 20 MM open on on surface vessels.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-17, 06:54 PM   #4
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Someone did that with the AA guns... but I don't remember the details (was it for 3, 4, or 5??). I just read it the other day, and might have it in my notes...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-17, 09:43 AM   #5
yubba
Admiral

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
I didn't touch the German side. However, I will do that and upload later today . I'm sure its been asked before. Any idea if it would be possible to make the AA guns act like deck guns. I'd give up AA guns if could have the 40 MM and 20 MM open on on surface vessels.

you'd have to look in the pt-109,, the 40mm is the deck gun and responds to deck gun commands, and fires upon ships with the ai gun crew,,, now about that deck gun bearing compass.
yubba is offline   Reply With Quote