SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-25-12, 12:46 AM   #46
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Every mod you are making Stiebler is one more huppy surprise-addition
i really enjoy see mods from you and H.Sie

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-12, 01:39 AM   #47
Obltn Strand
Commodore

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiebler View Post

1. The picture you show looks as if it is due to a confusion of files menu_1024_768.ini.
Remove the Hitman GUI as a temporary measure, and see if that improves things. Then, it should be re-installed AFTER the Stiebler4b_Addon_for_V16B1 patch. Also download the updated version of the Hitman GUI mod from my logo - I have changed the mod so that it will show the weather effect.
Works perfectly now. Thanks man.
Quote:
You must have more than 50% of fuel *remaining* in order to be assigned a new patrol area. Therefore BdU's response reported above was correct.
In summertime bridge tends to move in engine room.
Old 07-25-12, 02:04 AM   #48
sublynx
Sea Lord

Location: In the conning tower of my VIIC scanning the sea through the periscope
Downloads: 173
Uploads: 7

Quote:
A spy in the USA informed the Germans (1944) that an industrial plant was manufacturing acoustic air torpedoes. BdU chose not to believe the report.
If they had taken the report seriously, the U-boat could have deployed a noise-sounding device like a foxer, or even tried to use the bubble-producing Bold device as a decoy. And, of course, the U-boat could submerge slower.

It is strange, though, that BdU never seriously considered that the Allies might be using the same kind of weapon that U-boats were now carrying in their own torpedo tubes - an acoustic homing torpedo.
Maybe BdU thought that the U-boat commanders would notice the acoustic torpedoes - but I guess the ones that did either died or didn't have a clue what happened.

This means that I have to make the difficult choice of keeping my play as close to historical realism - that is not knowing about Fido and probably getting hit with it, or will I somehow know about Fido and then try to avoid it the way a U-boat commander would not have known.

Anyways, I'm glad I now have the option to make that decision
Old 07-25-12, 09:55 AM   #49
Stevetry
Seaman

Downloads: 31

i am getting blank BDU messages any help on how to fix this ?

Last edited by Stevetry; 07-25-12 at 09:50 PM.
Stevetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-12, 01:57 AM   #50
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevetry View Post
Maybe you must edit your Menu_en_txt. File, see instructions in the Manual!
Old 07-26-12, 08:09 AM   #51
igorlikespike
Helmsman

Downloads: 139
Uploads: 1

Hello, could someone help me please?
I have patched sh.3exe (GWX) to V16B1 and enabled it with JGSME. (I followed instructions to the letter) But when I try to enable the Stiebler 4B_add-on for V16B1 via the JGSME the program informs me, that sh3.exe has been altered by "supplement to V16B1(JGSME) mod". Should I combine supplement and add-on into one folder?
Thanks!
igorlikespike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-12, 09:11 AM   #52
Stevetry
Seaman

could someone post their Menu_en_txt file so i can see how they edit it ?

Last edited by Stevetry; 07-26-12 at 12:06 PM.
Old 07-26-12, 02:16 PM   #53
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

@Igorlikespike:
Quote:
I have patched sh.3exe (GWX) to V16B1 and enabled it with JGSME. (I followed instructions to the letter) But when I try to enable the Stiebler 4B_add-on for V16B1 via the JGSME the program informs me, that sh3.exe has been altered by "supplement to V16B1(JGSME) mod". Should I combine supplement and add-on into one folder?
You could combine the two mods into one folder but, if something goes wrong, where will you start to look?
I advise against the idea.

Instead, simply install H.sie's 'supplement to V16B1(JGSME)' mod with JSGME - presumably you have done this already.
Then install the Stiebler4b_Addon_for_V16B1 mod folder after H.sie's folder, ignoring all warnings.

Since you are a user of GWX, be sure to delete the sub-folder Stiebler4b_Addon_for_V16B1\Sea before installation with JSGME. Otherwise you will get a CTD during second-stage loading of the game. (Users of stock SH3, and of other supermods (except NYGM), should probably delete the same folder too.) But this issue is considered in more detail in the Stiebler4b patch instruction-manual.

I hope that helps,
Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-12, 01:24 AM   #54
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevetry View Post
could someone post their Menu_en_txt file so i can see how they edit it ?
Sorry, but

Look into the Stiebler4b patch instruction-manual! And look into the Folder of the MOD, there youŽll find .txt Files for copy&paste to your own Menu txt File!

Best regards,
Magic
Old 07-27-12, 06:30 AM   #55
Stevetry
Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic1111 View Post
Sorry, but

Look into the Stiebler4b patch instruction-manual! And look into the Folder of the MOD, there youŽll find .txt Files for copy&paste to your own Menu txt File!

Best regards,
Magic
already read it i added the TXT from the files to the ones it says i am still getting blankmessages i have done 20 times already i even use diferent txt editors for it nothing same result
Old 07-27-12, 06:33 AM   #56
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Default SH3Menu_Renumber

In view of people's problems with some of the more complex instructions of the Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1, I have placed two files (7-zip format) on the NYGM website at SubSim.

1. For NYGM users:
NYGM_Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1.7z

Download it here:
http://www.subsim.com/mods1/nygm/NYG...n_for_V16B1.7z

This folder (when unzipped) contains the exact installation that I have on my own computer (install it with JSGME after NYGM 3.6B), except the SH3.exe file itself, which you must make yourself for copyright reasons.
Remember to install the mods in the correct order:
a) NYGM 2.5 StandAlone; b) NYGM3_New; c) NYGM3.6B; d) Hsie's folder 'Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME)'; e) NYGM_Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1.
You must add your own patched copy of SH3.exe to item (e) before installation, place it next to the modified envsim.act file.
Don't forget that you must first use H.sie's V16B1 mod to patch your copy of stock SH3.exe, and then patch this new copy of SH3.exe with the Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1 patch as described in the patch's instructions. Then add the double-patched SH3.exe to item (e) above.

2. For users of stock SH3 and other supermods.
I suggest that you download NYGM_Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1.7z in order to study it, and the way it is put together (including a study of the menu_1024_768.ini file, and the en/de_menu.txt files).
However do NOT attempt to use the unzipped folder in your game! It will definitely cause CTDs!
Remember also that your version of the unzipped folder MUST have the folder NYGM_Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1\SEA removed completely.

3. For those users struggling to renumber the menu_1024_768.ini file.
I have placed my SH3Menu_Renumber.exe program for you here:
http://www.subsim.com/mods1/nygm/SH3Menu_Renumber.7z

This executable has its own instructions with the 7z file.
I have made this available to readers as a favour. The program comes with NO guarantees, except a guarantee that it contains nothing that will harm your computer deliberately, and it will only modify your menu_1024_768.ini file placed in the same folder. If your computer crashes, or your fridge magnets fall off, or your teeth develop cavities, I am not interested, OK?

Well, good luck everyone, again.
Stiebler.

Last edited by Stiebler; 07-27-12 at 06:47 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 07-27-12, 06:44 AM   #57
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

@SteverTry:
Quote:
[Posted in this thread and in H.sie's sticky thread.]

You have not described your problem precisely.
What is a 'blank BDU message'?
Do you mean that you are getting no BdU messages at all now? If so, your problem is that you have placed your en(de)_menu.txt file in the wrong place.

If you mean you are not seeing the new messages from the Stiebler4b patch (or from Hsie's patch), then you are not adding them correctly.

Download the NYGM_Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1.7z folder mentioned in my previous post in this thread, unzip it, and study the en_menu.txt (or de_menu.txt) file carefully. In particular, see how it relates to the instructions that I have provided for the Stiebler4b_Addon_for_V16B1 patch.

Stiebler.
Old 07-27-12, 06:52 AM   #58
SquareSteelBar
Sea Lord

Downloads: 615

Quote:
...Download the NYGM_Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1.7z folder mentioned in my previous post in this thread, unzip it, and study the en_menu.txt (or de_menu.txt) file carefully...
Sorry Stiebler but these files are not included...
SquareSteelBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-12, 07:01 AM   #59
Stevetry
Seaman

NVM i forgot that i needed to rollback SH3 comander that why it was not working the eng menu tx was been change by the sh3 comander sorry XD

anyway great addon but i was wondering i dont plan on using the weather meter so is there anyway to get rid of the cloud icon ?

Last edited by Stevetry; 07-27-12 at 08:11 AM.
Old 07-27-12, 07:28 AM   #60
igorlikespike
Helmsman

Downloads: 139
Uploads: 1

Quote:
@Igorlikespike:
You could combine the two mods into one folder but, if something goes wrong, where will you start to look?
I advise against the idea.

Instead, simply install H.sie's 'supplement to V16B1(JGSME)' mod with JSGME - presumably you have done this already.
Then install the Stiebler4b_Addon_for_V16B1 mod folder after H.sie's folder, ignoring all warnings.

Since you are a user of GWX, be sure to delete the sub-folder Stiebler4b_Addon_for_V16B1\Sea before installation with JSGME. Otherwise you will get a CTD during second-stage loading of the game. (Users of stock SH3, and of other supermods (except NYGM), should probably delete the same folder too.) But this issue is considered in more detail in the Stiebler4b patch instruction-manual.

I hope that helps,
Stiebler.
Thank you Stiebler for your speedy reply and of course your excellent mod! I have done as you suggested and I have no problems with CTDs. I did remove the Sea and air Folder for the CAM Hurricane, but before I was not exactly ready to ignore the JGSME warnings about altering files between the supplement and the add-on. I cant wait to statr a late war campaign and see how the Fido works! Now I have a minor problem-observation periscope is blurred all the time no matter what (zero or three knots sppeed snorkeling or not)! Any suggestions welcome!
All the best!
Igor
igorlikespike is offline   Reply With Quote