Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-17, 06:44 AM   #3211
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Trump has had an epiphany about Russian interference in the 2016 Presidential Election and has taken swift action in dealing with the party responsible for the interference -- Obama:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/claudiakoer...e-presidential

Never mind that Obama was bending over backwards to try to not interfere, rightly or wrongly, in the election himself, and that Obama's efforts, or lack thereof, allowed Trump to get the Electoral win:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...=.d55e7b8e9611

Somehow, Trump just can't bring himself to actually blame the real person responsible, Vladimir Putin. Maybe that's because Trump owes him so much. Well, at least, Putin seems to be making out okay:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...russia/531420/

I thought Trump was going to make America great again; seems he's failed in that, too, but, then, that's kinda hard to do when your trying to cover Putin's ass...

<O>
Old 06-24-17, 08:05 AM   #3212
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
Trump has had an epiphany about Russian interference in the 2016 Presidential Election and has taken swift action in dealing with the party responsible for the interference -- Obama:

Never mind that Obama was bending over backwards to try to not interfere, rightly or wrongly, in the election himself, and that Obama's efforts, or lack thereof, allowed Trump to get the Electoral win:

Somehow, Trump just can't bring himself to actually blame the real person responsible, Vladimir Putin. Maybe that's because Trump owes him so much. Well, at least, Putin seems to be making out okay:
Apparently there is plenty of blame to go around.

Also from The Atlantic...

https://www.theatlantic.com/internat...erence/531486/

Quote:
As the multi-pronged attack on the election unfolded, the Obama administration’s response was slow and deliberative to the point of paralysis. There was a lag between when the Russians did something, and when it was reported to the administration.
Quote:
And, of course, there’s us in the media, who helped the Russians weaponize the hacked emails, while simultaneously being unable to fully make sense of the scale of what the Russians were doing, suspicious as we were of the Clinton camp leaking us stories about Putin going after Hillary.
Quote:
All that because of a 25-page intelligence report. It’s not hard to imagine what things would have looked like had it been released not in January, but in September. It would have been far more effective than Obama’s telling Putin on the sidelines of another G-20 summit that month to “cut it out.” Putin knows when you mean it, and when you don’t.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 06-24-17, 08:12 AM   #3213
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Winning again in 2020 has its own problems for Donald "The long nose" Trump. How to pass the door to the WH a second time with a nose as long as his?

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...smtyp=cur&_r=0
"Jerry, just remember, it’s not a lie if you believe it." .. George Costanza

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 06-24-17, 10:14 AM   #3214
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Guess its time for the Democratic party to shift gears. Apparently nobody (me included) really gave a crap about the Trump/Russia drama and saw it for it what it was. Orchestrated to give the party a leg up during recent special elections. As you'll note too in todays media the big investigation to get Trump is slowly fading away. Well almost there does seem to be atleast one or two still going on about it.

Lets see if they change gears too and start going on about how terrible economy is under Trump. Then we'll know just how "independent" they have claimed to be

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign...s-about-russia

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 06-24-17 at 11:18 AM.
Old 06-24-17, 10:50 AM   #3215
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

I have come to the conclusion that you comprehend better than I do vienna

I am more flesh than you ... I wanted August find to be what I (and many of my email friends thought) so therefore I read between the lines and it was true that someone knocked another enemy of the Clinton camp off.

I will not spar with you unless your wrong of course
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 06-24-17, 04:06 PM   #3216
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/po...html?mobi=true

Quote:
On Thursday evening, CNN investigative reporter Thomas Frank published a potentially explosive report involving an investigation of a Russian investment fund with potential ties to several associates of President Donald Trump.
Wow wish I could have read that one.

Quote:
But by Friday night, the story was removed from CNN’s website and all links were scrubbed from the network’s social media accounts.
I'm sure the it was something to remember though. Imaginative unfounded accusations and true crime drama. Lol

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Old 06-24-17, 04:19 PM   #3217
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

The possibility of my being wrong still exists; in fact, if you ask any of my ex's, they would swear I am continually wrong...

All I was trying to do is point out there is much more to any issue beyond the headline or the sound bite or the shouted rhetoric, and, if a person is going to make an informed decision, information is the key. I am always skeptical of loud absolutes, such as you hear and see in today's media, of all types and positions. Volume does not always equal veracity and very often a quiet look behind the "facts" gives the whole picture. When the Great And Mighty Oz is shouting at you, take time to look behind the curtain; when something is presented as being all dressed up in "fact", take a closer look: you may find an unclothed 'emperor'...

There is on more thing I had wanted to point out about the Seth Rich situation. The very name of the Profiling Project seems to bring to mind the efforts of various other entities known for seeking to right injustices: the Southern Poverty Law Center, sometimes referred to as The Southern Law Project that seeks to correct social and legal injustices; the various Justice Project organizations across the US who seek to give a voice to the wrongly convicted; and, any number of other academic- or religious-based entities seeking to correct social and legal issues. By giving the name "Profiling Project" to the group cited in the previous posts, an attempt is being made to falsely either affiliate PP with other projects or organizations or to give the patina of being of the same moral stature of those other groups; using the word "Profiling" also seems to be an effort to further associate the group, in the public mind, with the sort of detailed expertise and experience depicted on TV programs such as Criminal Minds. Again, the truth is far from the presented image...

The other projects and organization cited above have been in existence for many, many years, in some cases, decades. They have established track records and are highly experienced and very often have some of the top experts in their field as contributors and/or volunteers in the group's efforts. Those projects are very often respected and highly regarded by a wide cross-section, sometimes by the very entities they work to correct...

The Profiling Project is not such a group. They are not a long-established, highly regarded, organization. Burkman, the GOP lobbyist, created the Project out of whole cloth just for the purpose of "legitimizing" his whacked-out theories and advancing whatever is his true agenda. Until the tragic murder of Seth Rich, the was no Profiling Project: the entire 'track record' of PP is just this one case; they have no other history. PP is a creation of Burkman who has financed PP and who has used his lobbying firm to mount a public relations effort to give PP an undeserved legitimacy. PP is little more than some college forensics students paid to produce the results Burkman desires for his needs. PP is nothing more than a sideshow in the snake oil business that is Burkman and his company...

<O>
Old 06-24-17, 04:32 PM   #3218
Bleiente
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Mein Rat - Kaliber 0.5 auf 1500-2000m.
Dabei sofort die Verbrecher-Familie durch Bundesbehörden festnehmen lassen.

Trump ist ein Schwerverbrecher.

--------------------------------------------------------------

My advice - caliber 0.5 on 1500-2000m.
Immediately the criminal family will be arrested by federal authorities.

Trump is a serious criminal.

Old 06-24-17, 04:52 PM   #3219
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 06-24-17, 05:14 PM   #3220
Bleiente
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Ich würde mich ja geschlagen geben und vorerst Ruhe geben, wenn diese Bande von Schwerverbrechern Namens Trump als auch seine Ausgeburten verhaftet, abgestraft und festgesetzt wurden.

JIMBUNA EDIT: Kindly add an English translation after your message so others can understand what you are posting. This is a predominantly English written thread after all.

Last edited by Jimbuna; 06-25-17 at 05:46 AM. Reason: Translation needed.

Old 06-24-17, 07:20 PM   #3221
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Bahahaha, except the Media is never that "innocent". lol
Old 06-24-17, 07:26 PM   #3222
August
Wayfaring Stranger

I like this guys writing style...

Quote:
Potemkin Progressivism

By Roger Kimball| June 22, 2017

...there are grounds for thinking that the hysteria on the Left is just so much infantile caterwauling: they did not get the all-day sucker they were promised so they are going to sit down in the middle of the floor and wail and wail and wail. Litigate, too, no doubt, but even that will be conducted in tantrum tones. I think that conclusion is mostly right. And I believe that Trump would be well advised to leave the Democrats in their bawl room, their boudoir (French for “room for pouting in”) while he gets on with the business of running, and improving, the country, which, by the way, he is doing very well.
Still, it is worth noting that the deceiving nature of appearances cuts many ways and is often difficult to parse accurately. For the most part, the actions of the Potemkin progressives are just exhibitions of temperament, whining, childish static that cannot be reasoned with, only pampered and put to bed for a nice long nap.
The tantrum-like behavior is not quite irrational, however. The Democrats really are on an historic losing streak. In 2008, they came to town on a tsunami of hope-’n-change euphoria. But the wrecking ball that was Barack Obama soon brought that illusion crashing down. Now they are like some threatened animal that, largely defenseless, has developed the ability to appear threatening by puffing itself up, changing color, emitting startling sounds, bristling quills, and the like. Zoologists call this activity “deimatic behavior,” after a Greek verb meaning “to frighten.”
Deimatic behavior is all show and no spear: that is, the animal might look or sound or smell threatening, but it is all bluff. Really, it is just a tasty moth, frog, California Democrat, or whatever.
But sometimes the appearance is not deceiving. The animal really does taste bad, is poisonous, or can fight back effectively. Those cases zoologists call aposematic behavior: a warning signal accompanied by retaliatory potential. As one article on the subject explains, “Non-bluffing (aposematic) displays occur in mammals which possess powerful defenses such as spines or stink glands, and which habitually warn off potential predators rather than attempting escape by running.”
This describes some meaningful proportion of the anti-Trump menagerie. And this means that the chief task for those interested in preserving a system in which the results of open, democratic elections are respected will be in effectively discriminating between the harmless, though pathetic, hysteria of the anti-Trump babies and the more toxic exfoliations of their menacing brothers and sisters. The latter will often dress and act the same as the former, but one group is content to shout and cry and whine while the other side is out there bashing people over the head with bicycle locks, smashing up property, abusing the legal system to destroy its political enemies, or gunning down Republican Congressmen while they practice baseball. Distinguishing between the two groups is an element of connoisseurship that it behooves those of us who care for the future of the republic to master.

https://amgreatness.com/2017/06/22/p...progressivism/

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 06-24-17, 07:31 PM   #3223
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

What a load of crap that was.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 06-24-17, 07:56 PM   #3224
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Old 06-24-17, 07:57 PM   #3225
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
I like this guys writing style...
Name one person that Trump listen's to ... no one has been able to stop Trump from his tweeting damage control habits ...

or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter