SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-31-10, 10:13 AM   #16
ShadowWolf Kell
Medic

Downloads: 123
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nbjackso View Post
It is already in there. Check out the readme in the support directory.

Didn't know that. That's what I get for paying attention to the screenshot rather than the fine print. I need a new set of eyes.

Downloading it now though.
ShadowWolf Kell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-10, 07:58 AM   #17
TH0R
XO

Downloads: 52

Anyone else tested this with RSRDC?
Old 04-02-10, 08:06 AM   #18
ShadowWolf Kell
Medic

Downloads: 123

Seems to work, though it does overwrite some files. Not sure if it's anything pertinent or not.
ShadowWolf Kell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-10, 08:20 AM   #19
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Yeah, very nice map! I like it alot! And...it has found it's way to TMO and RFB
Old 06-06-10, 04:06 PM   #20
cgjimeneza
Captain

Downloads: 145
Default patrol ranges

what can we asume? 500 nm patrol radius from base?

would it be the same for bettys or mavis?

"Left on their own, engineers can be dangerous"
cgjimeneza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-10, 10:12 PM   #21
rein1705
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 541

unable to set waypoints. Other than that i love the map/

"Diesel Pig"

Not so long ago...
rein1705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-10, 11:17 PM   #22
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

great job
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-10, 11:36 PM   #23
Nbjackso
Navy Dude

Downloads: 448
Uploads: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgjimeneza View Post
what can we asume? 500 nm patrol radius from base?

would it be the same for bettys or mavis?
600-650 nm for some of the long range planes, and they do report your position if you are spotted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
great job
Thanks, Ive made some minor tweaks. I'll release an updated version soon

Just get me within 1000 yards,
and I'll d
o the rest
Nbjackso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-10, 04:06 AM   #24
JoeCorrado
Weps

Downloads: 176
Uploads: 5

Quote:
OK, I pulled the files out of RFB v1.4 mod, (which is still in the subsim download page in the mega mod section).

I did change the .dds files, (I'm pretty good at that) in the Terrain/LocationMaps directory.

The only changes I made to the US and Japan Air Cover.mis files was removing the location names (LAB/NAB/SAB) from each individual airbase. Other than that, the files are the same as the ones in the RFB v1.4 mod.

Here is the link from Leovampire's original mod if you are interested. http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=118989

Just so you know, I ran a file comparison between just the US_Aircover.mis files. The one included in your mod, and the current one in RSRDC_TMO_V502 and there are thousands of differences between the two. (File size also differs by about 10k bytes- that was the first clue! - The Jap_Aircover.mis files differ in size by over 30k bytes... a pattern is emerging here. LOL ) I am fairly confident that enabling your mod after RSRD will effectively break RSRD in some fashion.

Just so everybody understands, the old RFB file that you used is not even close to the new RSRD file.

And that was just the first of the files that were modded.

Making the changes to Lurkers files and including them in your release might be a better idea. I can't speak to the RFB release because I don't use it.

I also use TMO with RSRD and my work around was to enable RSRD after your mod and let Lurkers files over write yours- of course I lose the airbase emblems, etc- but the map is still nice.

You may want to message Lurker and bounce it off him for suggestions on compatibility. Since you also use RSRD, and RSRD_TMO is already compatible with TMO...

My Game starts with GFO - Keepin' it real as it needs to be!

Last edited by JoeCorrado; 06-07-10 at 04:23 AM.
JoeCorrado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-10, 08:59 PM   #25
Nbjackso
Navy Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCorrado View Post
... I am fairly confident that enabling your mod after RSRD will effectively break RSRD in some fashion.

Just so everybody understands, the old RFB file that you used is not even close to the new RSRD file...
OK, Let me explain myself. First of all, I hate to type. That's why I don't post a lot. Secondly, I don't consider myself a modder. If I like part of mod blah blah, and part of mod hoo hoo, but they conflict in some way, I try to manipulate files to get them to work together. PRIMARILY for my OWN personal use and enjoyment. If I make something I like, and it seems to work without messing up other mods, and if I think other people might like it. I release it. If anyone comments on any of my mods, I try to respond as best as I can. If they like parts of it, and not other parts. I try to work with them to get what they want.

As far as NMMO is concerned, I liked the airbases back when I played RFB 1.4. I wanted them back, so I found the thread for Leovampire's vs4 mod, but the link was dead. So I pulled the files out of RFB 1.4, combined it with some other nav map mods I liked, and that's how I came up with the mod.

I like knowing where the airbases are when I am out on patrol. I draw a 600 mile radius around any airbases that I have to sail past, and try to navigate around them, (if possible). I seem to encounter a lot less enemy air contacts. If I get within range of an airbase, I start getting plane contacts, and it makes logical sense where they came from. Reality or not, It works for me. Are the airbases 100% accurate? I don't know. I didn't make them, but it looks, (and plays) good enough for me.

If it sounds like I'm flaming, I'm not. I just thought I would explain what color the sky is in MY world.

and I'll d
o the rest
Old 06-08-10, 05:26 AM   #26
JoeCorrado
Weps

Quote:
It should work with all mods, however it does overwrite US and Japan AirCover.mis files in RSRDC mods.
Quote:
Maybe lurker will check it and give some input on compatibility with RSRDC.

I suggest you try it with whichever mods your using and report back here your findings.

I appreciate the fact that you took the time and spent the effort to put this fine offering together. I am certain that many others here appreciate it as well. Nice job.

You asked that we take a look with an eye towards conflicts, and report our findings here for you. I did EXACTLY as you asked.

Simply giving you a cordial heads up that there seems to be the potential (at the very least) for huge conflicts. Lurker would know for sure.

The suggestion that you contact Lurker and ask him directly, instead of waiting for him to notice the thread and contact you instead... well, I suppose you are right... the very concept must seem silly, eh?

Sorry for the suggestion- just pretend it never happened.

Old 06-09-10, 07:22 PM   #27
Nbjackso
Navy Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCorrado View Post

... Simply giving you a cordial heads up that there seems to be the potential (at the very least) for huge conflicts.... (with RSRDC)
OK Joe C., you got me thinking about this and I think I can add the images of the airbases to another file leave RSRDC air cover files intact. Give me a couple days and Ill see what I can do. I guess constructive criticism can sometimes lead to inspiration, or flame wars.

and I'll d
o the rest
Old 06-10-10, 05:52 AM   #28
McHibbins
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 80

I´m using this mod for a while (except these two aircraft files which conflicts with RSRDC) together with RFB2.0. It´s an amazing mod Nbjackso.
Old 06-10-10, 07:00 PM   #29
Nbjackso
Navy Dude

Quote:
... I think I can add the images of the airbases to another file leave RSRDC air cover files intact. Give me a couple days...
UPDATE: Looking good so far. I worked on the Japanese airbases last night. US and Australian airbases tonight. Plus some other tweaks here and there I think you guys will like. Complete details when I release the updated version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McHibbins View Post
I´m using this mod for a while (except these two aircraft files which conflicts with RSRDC) together with RFB2.0. It´s an amazing mod Nbjackso.
Thanks, I appreciate your feedback.

and I'll d
o the rest
Old 06-11-10, 03:19 AM   #30
JoeCorrado
Weps

Quote:
OK Joe C., you got me thinking about this and I think I can add the images of the airbases to another file leave RSRDC air cover files intact. Give me a couple days and Ill see what I can do. I guess constructive criticism can sometimes lead to inspiration, or flame wars.
Inspiration! Now that is what I am talking about!

Looking forward to the new release. Thanks again!