SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-26-15, 09:28 PM   #3886
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

You have to move the SH3.exe into the same folder as the Patch. Then it will change it. After that, move the SH3.exe back into the SH3 folder.

I had a lot of trouble with that at first too.
Old 03-26-15, 11:29 PM   #3887
sublynx
Sea Lord

Location: In the conning tower of my VIIC scanning the sea through the periscope
Downloads: 173
Uploads: 7

Programfiles folder is not a good folder to use for SH3. Windows is especially overprotective about files in that folder. The system might even interpret a patcher trying to alter SH3.exe as a virus. It would be wise to re-install SH3 into a different folder: for example c:/games/SH3 folder
Old 03-27-15, 12:56 PM   #3888
maillemaker
Sea Lord

Downloads: 75
Uploads: 0

Quote:
You have to move the SH3.exe into the same folder as the Patch. Then it will change it. After that, move the SH3.exe back into the SH3 folder.
Thanks, I did not know that you had to do that!

Steve
maillemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-15, 05:54 PM   #3889
maillemaker
Sea Lord

Well, I tried copying in the SH3.exe, and that did not work.

So I re-installed my Direct-to-Drive version of SH3 to c:\games\SH3, and copied in that SH3.exe, and that worked.

But now when I run HsieOptionsSelector.exe, it says no SH3.exe in the directory. But it's right there since I just ran the patch.bat on it.

Now I will put the SH3.exe back in the install dir and re-install GWX and all my mods on top of it I guess.
Old 03-27-15, 05:59 PM   #3890
padi
Officer

Downloads: 126

Do you have the other files required for the Option Selector in the same directory?
padi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-15, 09:50 PM   #3891
maillemaker
Sea Lord

OK, it worked this time. I don't know why it did not work the first time. After you run the patcher.bat, you should be able to run the options program.

I figured out how to tell AVG to ignore my sh3.exe file (Tools, Advanced Settings, Resident Shield, Excluded Items).

Got it all set up and it appears to be working. My lazy WO is no longer lazy, and my periscope no longer works at high speed.

And after submerged a while I get the "Oxygen 20%" message.

I installed the new O2 gages Mod. I do not understand how the gages are supposed to work - they do not appear to move while submerged. Even when I got the 20% message the meter was pegged at maximum.

Steve
Old 03-27-15, 11:05 PM   #3892
sublynx
Sea Lord

Location: In the conning tower of my VIIC scanning the sea through the periscope

If you stay submerged for a really long time, oxygen level drops eventually to 17 % and then the chief engineer will start using reserve oxygen to allow you keep going submerged. The needle is for the reserve oxygen and once it starts moving it won't move back because the reserves come from cartridges that need to be replenished at ports.
Old 03-28-15, 03:02 AM   #3893
RealGrognard
Watch

Downloads: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvbrock82 View Post
not sure if this has been asked before, but my bdu replies when i send a status report appear to be empty? Does this happen to anyone else?

I just get a From: Fdu to: u-32 and no message
Check the full PDF instructions from h.sie, check section 3.1), it explains how to set this up.

It is a manual step required.
RealGrognard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-15, 11:46 AM   #3894
maillemaker
Sea Lord

Quote:
If you stay submerged for a really long time, oxygen level drops eventually to 17 % and then the chief engineer will start using reserve oxygen to allow you keep going submerged. The needle is for the reserve oxygen and once it starts moving it won't move back because the reserves come from cartridges that need to be replenished at ports.
Yup got to thinking about it in the shower this morning and it makes sense. The gauge is only for the compressed O2 remaining, not the atmospheric O2 remaining.

Is there a gauge that shows me atmospheric O2 remaining? Or do I have to hope I just see/remember the Engineer's reports?

Steve
Old 03-28-15, 11:48 AM   #3895
maillemaker
Sea Lord

Quote:
not sure if this has been asked before, but my bdu replies when i send a status report appear to be empty? Does this happen to anyone else?
You have to manually define target heading and speed in order to make a contact report now. This is not done automatically for you. You use the TDC to do it. As noted, it's in the PDF instructions.

Steve
Old 03-28-15, 12:01 PM   #3896
sublynx
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by maillemaker View Post
Yup got to thinking about it in the shower this morning and it makes sense. The gauge is only for the compressed O2 remaining, not the atmospheric O2 remaining.

Is there a gauge that shows me atmospheric O2 remaining? Or do I have to hope I just see/remember the Engineer's reports?

Steve
No gauge for atmospheric oxygen. One needs to pay attention to the chief engineer's reports or note the time submerged.
Old 04-13-15, 08:14 PM   #3897
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Such a great addition to the series. The more I play with this enabled the more immersive the game feels x 10

Quote:
No gauge for atmospheric oxygen. One needs to pay attention to the chief engineer's reports or note the time submerged.
Another great example ^^^^ sublynx

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-15, 09:34 AM   #3898
GOZO
Commander

Downloads: 176

Quote:
I figured out how to tell AVG to ignore my sh3.exe file (Tools, Advanced Settings, Resident Shield, Excluded Items).
I still have trouble with AVG . It just removes the SH3.exe treating it as a virus after I moved it into my real Sh3 folder and try to run it.

You have to choose between :

"
-Even if this file is moved to a new location

-Even if this file has been changed or updated"

Any ideas?

SHIV:TMo 2.5, RSRD, SCAF OLC, Ralle's modpack
SHIV: WDAD, Med Campaign
SHIII: GWX3 GOLD, OLCII Gold, ACM-reloaded interface mod, SHIIIcmndr 3.2, Full Realism/DiD
SHIII: LSH3 2015
Cold Waters with all bells and whistles
Finally SHV but still unmodded and still a noob....
GOZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-15, 08:55 PM   #3899
sENoZ
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

hi all.

Well... I think i just found an interesting mod here.

Downloading your mod, its good i just finished a patrol, so i am at port, so no problem to add this mod.

I will read the readme, i already started, very nice ^^

Thanks for your job man.

Last edited by sENoZ; 05-29-15 at 09:08 PM.
Old 05-29-15, 09:30 PM   #3900
sENoZ
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

"
-Even if this file is moved to a new location

-Even if this file has been changed or updated"

Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

Are you on a admin session ?
I mean an account, you know when i start my computer i have to add my password and select wich account i want to use, you need this but with admin right.

Its not maybe the problem, but it can be one..