SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-01-08, 10:34 AM   #826
Red Devil
The Old Man

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 0

I had this RSRD downloaded. After a necessary rinstall, went to put it back in, and it would not work. From what I saw, it is no loss.

Now, can someone write a mod removing 99% of those bloody aircraft.
>
Darkness is only the absence of Light; Ignorance is only the absence of knowledge ©

www.worldwartwo.uk
www.captainwalker.uk
Red Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-08, 12:28 PM   #827
Mav87th
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Ahhhhh

I thought support had ALL stoped for RFB.

Brilliant to hear that the work continues. Its such a cool mod, that i hardly can bring my self to call it a mod. It's entitled to be called an Addition
Old 04-01-08, 01:16 PM   #828
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeFF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav87th
How sad to hear that RFB is not going to be supported from now...
Come again? RFB and RSRD will continue to be supported, just only 1.5 from now on. Both teams have made that decision.
Hooooweeee, were that come from? RFB has plenty of support and is moving forward like a legion of warriors. RSRD is running neck in neck with support as well! Stay tuned.
Old 04-01-08, 04:09 PM   #829
Able72
Captain

Downloads: 299

Yes, but at least at the momment RFB doesn't support 1.5 and RSRD doesn't do 1.4 so for the time being at least I can't have my 3 mod combo . . .

RFB+RSRD+PE2

Or the 4 mod version, what I would really like to have . . .

RFB+NSM+RSRD+PE2

At least those are the major ones I'd like to play with. I also use a few other minor things, like the menumaker

So it seems I have to choose . . . either RFB+NSM+PE2 or RSRD+PE2 . . . :hmm:
Old 04-01-08, 04:16 PM   #830
JoeCorrado
Weps

Downloads: 176
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk
Quote:
Quote:
Come again? RFB and RSRD will continue to be supported, just only 1.5 from now on. Both teams have made that decision.
Hooooweeee, were that come from? RFB has plenty of support and is moving forward like a legion of warriors. RSRD is running neck in neck with support as well! Stay tuned.
No soul left behind.

The "add on, sold separately" expansion pack takes the game beyond it's original context and that is it's selling point. However, the U.S. side of the Pacific Theater is the game that we asked for and that UBI provided. It would be a great gesture for the RSRD campaign Version that was built for SH4 "Pacific Theater" was again made available to the community. The 1.4 version of the game seems to be the final release unless a separate add-on is purchased.

Like paying for continued support, I suppose.

The "add on" is a great idea for generating additional revenue, but the 1.4 patch is the final resting place for the people who bought the game for the chance to play the U.S. side in the Pacific Theater. It is the game that we asked for and UBI obliged to the "best of their ability" I am sure. But the real value in the series is the ability to improve upon the stock game.

The skill, patience and generosity of the people who devote their time to make the game a better experience for us all. This is what makes the series so special and so popular around the world.

PLEASE, do not leave us behind. The 1.4 patch is as far as UBI appears willing to go without additional purchase of the add-on. The RSRD Campaign, an immense improvement over the stock campaign will hopefully be made available for those who will be remaining with the 1.4 "final" patch to the original price of the game.

I can understand not providing ongoing support for the RSRD 1.4 Campaign, but to remove it completely and not have it available in an "archive" version... well, that is just a sad commentary. The hours of effort that went into creating the work will be lost to all of those who would have had the opportunity to enjoy the creation.

The RSRD version for 1.5 "U-Boat Add-On" is really a different creature, as evidenced by the fact that it is not compatible with the game sans the "sold separately" add-on.

The old version of RSRD is all that we have for the game in it's original context.

I'll stop rambling now, and if the older version is made available then I offer my thanks a hundred fold. If not, then we will do what we always do with UBI... the best we can as we are able. The work of the modders is what makes the game so great. Without your work, the game would be not much more than ordinary at best.

My Game starts with GFO - Keepin' it real as it needs to be!

Last edited by JoeCorrado; 04-01-08 at 04:29 PM.
JoeCorrado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-08, 04:32 PM   #831
JoeCorrado
Weps

Downloads: 176

Quote:
Originally Posted by Able72
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCorrado
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3
For JackMaga & Able72

Sorry your 24hrs to late, those version were removed yesterday and are no longer supported.

Please... could you make the final versions for RSRD for version 1.4 available in your archive section? I also downloaded RFB for 1.4 and had hoped to run your campaign with it.

No "support" would be needed as these versions had been out for a while with plenty of documentation in this thread. Could you, please? Being 24 hours late to the table will leave me kicking myself for weeks.
With your permission I'd even be willing to host it on my filefront account

Let them hammer me with questions, those that don't read the readme telling them there is no support for the 1.4 version.

Please?
Crossing my fingers.

My Game starts with GFO - Keepin' it real as it needs to be!
JoeCorrado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-08, 04:52 PM   #832
Doolittle81
Commodore

Downloads: 6

We are still talking about a $10 price for the 1.5 Version of SH4, aren't we? A version which will undoubtedly see many continuing MODs of all sorts, and Campaigns, and improvements to MODs and Campaigns, etc etc etc...

A single 90 minute Cra&p movie at the cinema would cost as much, lots more if you toss in Popcorn and a soft drink.

I guess I just don't understand why anyone would want to stay behind with the 1.4 Version while the train full of Expert Modders puls out of the station. But...to each his own.
Doolittle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-08, 06:14 PM   #833
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Yes, but at least at the momment RFB doesn't support 1.5 and RSRD doesn't do 1.4 so for the time being at least I can't have my 3 mod combo . . .

RFB+RSRD+PE2

Or the 4 mod version, what I would really like to have . . .

RFB+NSM+RSRD+PE2

At least those are the major ones I'd like to play with. I also use a few other minor things, like the menumaker

So it seems I have to choose . . . either RFB+NSM+PE2 or RSRD+PE2 . . . :hmm:

Not to worry....your wishes for the 4 major mods you want to use are in the works and being made compatible. Rest assured it will worth the wait
Old 04-01-08, 06:22 PM   #834
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCorrado
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk
Quote:
Quote:
No soul left behind.

The "add on, sold separately" expansion pack takes the game beyond it's original context and that is it's selling point. However, the U.S. side of the Pacific Theater is the game that we asked for and that UBI provided. It would be a great gesture for the RSRD campaign Version that was built for SH4 "Pacific Theater" was again made available to the community. The 1.4 version of the game seems to be the final release unless a separate add-on is purchased.

Like paying for continued support, I suppose.

The "add on" is a great idea for generating additional revenue, but the 1.4 patch is the final resting place for the people who bought the game for the chance to play the U.S. side in the Pacific Theater. It is the game that we asked for and UBI obliged to the "best of their ability" I am sure. But the real value in the series is the ability to improve upon the stock game.

The skill, patience and generosity of the people who devote their time to make the game a better experience for us all. This is what makes the series so special and so popular around the world.

PLEASE, do not leave us behind. The 1.4 patch is as far as UBI appears willing to go without additional purchase of the add-on. The RSRD Campaign, an immense improvement over the stock campaign will hopefully be made available for those who will be remaining with the 1.4 "final" patch to the original price of the game.

I can understand not providing ongoing support for the RSRD 1.4 Campaign, but to remove it completely and not have it available in an "archive" version... well, that is just a sad commentary. The hours of effort that went into creating the work will be lost to all of those who would have had the opportunity to enjoy the creation.

The RSRD version for 1.5 "U-Boat Add-On" is really a different creature, as evidenced by the fact that it is not compatible with the game sans the "sold separately" add-on.

The old version of RSRD is all that we have for the game in it's original context.

I'll stop rambling now, and if the older version is made available then I offer my thanks a hundred fold. If not, then we will do what we always do with UBI... the best we can as we are able. The work of the modders is what makes the game so great. Without your work, the game would be not much more than ordinary at best.
Lurker has stated that it is to much work to keep after 1.4 and 1.5 version. I agree with Lurker on his decision. I think eventually all will have to purchase the 1.5 addon because most if not all major mods will be moving in that direction. Also, what is in store down the road from the developers that might require the player to have the 1.5 add on? One can only guess but looking at the success of IL2 and all the patches and addons, natural progression would dictate that you will have to move on to more addons and patches to keep up. I purchased the addon, looked at the uboat once and that was it. But, I also got a good stable game, more textures, faster loading and some more goodies with icons, etc for the fleet boats. $10.00! So, Lurker took down the 1.4 version because the guestion and answer period was taking up to much time from his endevours with RSRD 1.5. I think someone one the forum should have the 1.4 version he can host at a website for you do download. Ask around.
Old 04-02-08, 09:01 AM   #835
Red Devil
The Old Man

So RSRD is still with us. Why, when I clicked on my download did it refuse to run then? Strange.
>
Darkness is only the absence of Light; Ignorance is only the absence of knowledge ©

www.worldwartwo.uk
www.captainwalker.uk
Old 04-02-08, 09:34 AM   #836
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Devil
So RSRD is still with us. Why, when I clicked on my download did it refuse to run then? Strange.
Is the File Front DL not working for you? I just checked both DL links for the two versions of RSRDC and their respective Patches and all is working well.

You have to scroll down quite a ways on the initial message to get to the link.

Post again if you are still unable.

Happy Hunting!

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php
Check out: A Brief Introduction to the Pacific Submarine War by Ducimus
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185
Operation Monsun plus OMEGU, the #1 ATO Solution for SH4!

Signature Art by Gunfighter
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-08, 09:38 AM   #837
Red Devil
The Old Man

thanks for such a quick reply, whats the link again?
>

www.worldwartwo.uk
www.captainwalker.uk
Old 04-02-08, 07:14 PM   #838
LukeFF
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doolittle81
We are still talking about a $10 price for the 1.5 Version of SH4, aren't we? A version which will undoubtedly see many continuing MODs of all sorts, and Campaigns, and improvements to MODs and Campaigns, etc etc etc...

A single 90 minute Cra&p movie at the cinema would cost as much, lots more if you toss in Popcorn and a soft drink.

I guess I just don't understand why anyone would want to stay behind with the 1.4 Version while the train full of Expert Modders puls out of the station. But...to each his own.
Amen

ROW Sound Effects Contributor
RFB Team Leader
LukeFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-08, 07:36 PM   #839
Able72
Captain

Downloads: 299

yes, and I own that expansion. The problem is, I want to play RFB and it isn't currently compatible with 1.5. Hence the request for RSRD that works with 1.4, at least for me, has notghing to do with the Uboat expansion.
Old 04-02-08, 07:38 PM   #840
LukeFF
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 41

Quote:
yes, and I own that expansion. The problem is, I want to play RFB and it isn't currently compatible with 1.5. Hence the request for RSRD that works with 1.4, at least for me, has notghing to do with the Uboat expansion.
A new 1.5-compatible verson of RFB will be released soon. Be patient.

ROW Sound Effects Contributor
RFB Team Leader
LukeFF is offline   Reply With Quote