Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-06-19, 10:10 PM   #1
nutworld
Engineer

Downloads: 92
Uploads: 0
Default Greetings all

I just started back immersing myself in SH V. I did the obligatory upgrade to stock v 1.2, and after starting a career downloaded and installed TWoS, and of course with that came the also obligatory CTD.

Did the uninstall game, reinstall clean copy, upgrade, install TWoS CTD dance.

Needless to say this was highly frustrating so I opened up TWoS JSGME, and started installing mods. That has worked, and I am much happier than with just stock game, one of the first things I noticed was I still had in the Museum and game were the additional ships, many of which you can't identify because they aren't in the ID manual. No big deal. Using the TWoS deck gun however has proven to be a challenge as it is supposed to be. But that it was still a part of my game "setup" if you will despite not "USING" a complete (i guess??) version of TWoS was a surprise.

My current "MOD Soup" is in order, this:
FX Update 0_022_the dark wraith
Harbor Charts 1.0 (haven't noticed a change in anything with this)
IRAI_0_0_41ByTheDarkWraith
mnts- more traffic, nations and ships
SH Lifeboatds by Rongel
Shallow Waters Voice Be Gone
Steel Vikings Interior Mod 1.2
Steel Vikings Interior Mod1.22 Patch
TWoS Map Contacts Mod colrs (also no apparent changes to maps)

What I would like to ADD, is
TWoS UI cmd_radio reports. But when this mod is added, none of the UI features will disappear when I click on them and no matter what "game screen" I am on, they stay displayed on top.

I no longer have Crash to Desktop and am able to play the game "fine" but I feel as though I am missing out on most of the TWoS features that will help me enjoy the game fully.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or changes that I need to make to accomplish this? are my MODS installed in the "correct" order?

Thanks in advance
nutworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-19, 10:47 PM   #2
nutworld
Engineer

I would post screen grabs of my TWoS radio mod issues but I don't have permission to do so.

Probably because I have been inactive on the forums for so long?? I'm not sure
Old 02-07-19, 05:32 AM   #3
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi nutworld
TWoS is 100% ctd free.
So what are you doing wrong or possibly more importantly not doing at all?
You do not say how your game is installed or which type of game you have, download, cd, STEAM?
Post #239 Changing The Nvidia GPU Settings > Essential Settings > Pictorial

Post #417 How To Run The SH5.exe As Administrator > Pictorial

It is important to follow the installation instructions and the snapshot gps file should be restored to the patcher before running TWoS.
You are already using TWoS even if you do not realize it by the fact that you have installed it but you will not see it.
This means that the mods you are adding are already in TWoS and should not be enabled other than the options you can see in JSGME.
Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-19, 08:17 AM   #4
nutworld
Engineer

Thanks for your help.

I am running Windows 10 OS, with Intel i7-4700 MQ CPU @2.40GHz on a Toshiba laptop.

My Video Card is Nvidia GeForce GTX 770M driver with latest drivers.

Intel HD Graphics 4600

I have the physical disc of SH V.

The first thing I noticed in regards to your reply is my NVIDIA GPU settings don't give me the option of adjusting my display. The only thing showing in my NVIDIA control panel is to adjust 3D settings with no subfolder displayed in the "tree" to do anything with my desktop size or position settings.
Old 02-07-19, 01:44 PM   #5
ht-57
Sailor man

Downloads: 154

@nutworld,
you may want to look in the twos folder for docs as there is a lot of info regarding the included mods and other things that are customizable. looking @ your mod list some of those mods are already in use with twos, heres a list of mods already included with twos
Accurate German Flags Accurate German Medals_by ual002 SD_MapLocationNameFix_v1_2 Das Boot Departure Theme SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.2 SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.2.2 Patch SteelViking's Sky Banding Mod gap - Real Diveplane Gauges v. 1 gap - HD 1 deg Scope Bearing v 1.0 DynEnv v2.9 - 1. Main Mod DynEnv v2.9 - 2. Main Mod Low Resolution Patch - Revised DynEnv v2.9 - 4.a Camera Filters - Realistic Colors DynEnv v2.9 - 5.a Ambient Settings - Darker Nights DynEnv v2.9 - 12. Sounds DynEnv v2.9 - Sobers Best Ever Tweaks - Wakes Fix DynEnv v2.9 - No U-Mark Water reflections intensity varied by available sunlight by TheDarkWraith SH5_7A_Conning_Fix Fix clock rear torpedo room VIIA Fuel Gauge WoGaDi_SteelViking's Interior Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_byTheBeast Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1 #Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1_HotFix Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1 (available by date) V9 by sober EUF_UBoat_FX_v0_0_5_ byTheBeast Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Hinged Snorkel_CTD Fix FX_Update_0_0_22_ByTheDarkWraith FX_Update_0_0_22_Torpedoes - MagDet range 2.5m (modified for torpedoes failure patches) FXU_0_0_22_Ship zon Files v2 FXU_0_0_22_Shells Explosions_No Debris FXU_0_0_22_Debris Particles_CTD Fix NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_ByTheDarkWraith NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_New_radio_messages_German NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_gap_Sextant_Mask_No_Eye_Reflectio n NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_RadCapTools_0_2_alpha NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_AltAdvSpeedGraphics_by_naights HydrophoneFollowNearestContactFix_For_NewUIs_TDC_7 _1_0_To_7_5_0 FXU_0_0_22_UBoot_Sensors.fx Large Optics for TDW UI for NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0 Large Optics for TDW UI 16 by 9_Fixed Large Optics for TDW UI Manos Scopes Glass Effects Large Optics for TDW UI RAOBF + Nomograph Fix RadcapricornLarge Optics No Milliradian Scale Binoculars TDC Graphics by Naights v1.0 TDW Round Fire Button v12 by Torpedo Stopwatch by Shmal Sjizzle's - Charts for NewUIs part 1_07.06.2013 (13) Sjizzle's - Charts for NewUIs part 3_24.06.2013 (6) Sjizzle's - Charts for NewUIs part 4_20.07.2013 (4) Sjizzle's - Charts for NewUI's_06.08.2015 ( merged part_2 and part_5) Sjizzle's - MarineQuadrat Charts for NewUIs v. 0.00.2 (1) IRAI_0_0_41_ByTheDarkWraith IRAI_0_0_41_Sensors Difficulty Settings (init.aix)_v0.1 NOZAURIO'S SKIN (Standar No Emblem) v-1.0.0 R.E.M_by_Xrundel_TheBeast_1.2 Cerberus62 Corrected Depth Charge Projector 1.0 SH5Lifeboats_by_Rongel_TDW_stoianm_v2.11 OPEN HORIZONS II v2.5 SH5 External Cargo 1.0 OPEN HORIZONS II v2.5_TWoS Enhancement OH II v2.5 Grid Request fix Patch SH5 OH II v2.5 Flag_Wind_Patch MQK LocationMaps_IO MQK ShapeTextures_NO MQK Gradient_IO IO_StrategicMap_7_5_0_for_TDWv750 IO_StrategicMap_7_5_0_for_TDWv750 Grid Req Fix IO_MapCourseLine_normal pencil_mod OHII v2.5 - No Stupid Tonnage Bar_Free Style Campaign v0.3_IO Strat.Map_NewUIs v7.5.0 OHII v2.5 - Neutr.Nations in Allied Convoys_Temp.Fix II OHII v2.5 - Convoys_Ships Enhancement_0.1.2 OHII v2.5 - Change days in bunker_24d_Flotillas.upc TF capital ships behavior_Testing v0.1.1 Iron Crosses Disabled for No Tonnage Bar_IO Strat.Map_by vdr1981 Church's Compass Dials Mod v2.2 - Option Two EQuaTool 01.01 by AvM - Large Style Trevally Tutorial - All v0.2(for OHIIv1.3) Trevally Automated Scripts v0.6 Trevally Harbour & Kiel Canal Pilot v3.1 Patrolsearch autoscriptsV04 autoscripts1.0_WOS_tuned MightyFine Crew Mod 1.2.1 Stock faces MCCD_1.04_MFCM_1.2.1_compatible Reworked Morale and Abilities v.1.1 Real U-Boat Performance - Type VII v1.7.2 Reworked U-boat Guns (incomplete version) gap - armaments & equipments patch v 0.2 Shells_zon torpedoes_g7a-e(.zon)_v0.2.1 R.S.D. - Reworked Submarine Damage v5.8.1 by vdr1981_Main mod R.S.D. & R.E.M. - GHG Hydrophone add-on (no hyd on surface) R.S.D. v5.8.1 - German Patch Ship Capsize & Listing Effects 1.0_by vdr1981 Ship C&L Effects 1.02 - Test Speech fixes and additions (german version) Sub Center on Map Fix_SF&A (ger.version) Compatible Shadow Improvement ModLR Small_trees_SH5_V1 sobers water splash anim SH5 sobers green crew training V4 SH5 sobers no footstep sound mod SH5 V2 sobers smoke screen V1 SH5 (DynEnv compatible) sobers CrewAI mod SH5 sobers shipwreck mod V8 SH5 Oby's Fix for Sobers shipwreck mod V8 SH5_no rocks Pascal-sh5-VIIC-correct periscope in tube pascal-sh5-VIIB-correct periscope in tube Less Annoying Stopwatch Ticking - LAST - v. 01.00 by AvM Wasserbomben_SoundFix_Basic_1.1 SkyBaron's Bold SFX for SH5 1.0 Shallow Waters Voice Be Gone WHF-FUC_We Have Flooding-Flooding Under Control_Fix Geleitschutz Gesichtet_WO Audio Fix SH5_Sinking_ship_hydro_fix SH5_Starshells_patch SH5_No Funny Bandages Disabled Unrealistic Commands_(ini files)_v1.01 KDB+GHG Upgrade DBSM_Music_1_0_4 My Fog & Underwater 0.3 My Waves v0.2 My Sound Mix Silent UI Sounds No Crew Whispering Grossdeutscher Rundfunk New Remix 1939-1945 Grossdeutscher Rundfunk New Remix 1939-1945_CTD Fix Radio Stations_(radio.ini) AilBubbles 1.0 AilImpurity 1.2 AilWhiteInterior 1.0 TWoS_New Ships Enhancement TDW_No_Contact_Colors_1_1_0 TDW_No_Color_Dashed_Contact_Line_1_1_0 TDW_No_Contact_Tails_1_1_0 TDW_Waypoint_Contacts_No_Symbols_1_1_0 SH5_MataHari's_More_Accuracy_for_TWoS_1.04_RAOBF Textures Attack Disc by Andrey_Hard SH5_FW Coastal Defenses by Vecko & gap A Fistful of Emblems v1.51_TWoS Compatible A Fistful of Emblems v1.51 (Weathered)_TWoS Compatible SH5_Playable U-FlaK_0.1 RUSTED GLORY SH5_VIIA_Textures only gap - Alternative Cursors & KM Map Tools v2_Parts nVidia missing lights SH5_Credits new_KM_binos smaller flags for Warships 1_0b SkyBaron's ENIGMA v1.02 for TWoS Ships sonar Fix For TWoS METOX warning sound v 1.0 Rudder orders and send radio messages speech fix 1.0 Silentmichals interior mod 1.2.4 Old Style Explosions V1.1 _Jet_Aircraft Flower_Class_Corvette_Pack Targors SH5 Wooden Lifeboats ver. 0.4 Z_Roster_Names.cfg Z_Tweaks_by vdr1981 ... and hundreds of more TWoS exclusive patches ,
ht-57 is offline   Reply With Quote