SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-11-2017, 10:54 AM   #9421
reedca82
Swabbie

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCM View Post
We should make a rule here: everyone who is obviously not reading the "how to" on the first page is getting no answer anymore? Then this thread would be much cleaner to read.
I just got the mod about a month ago, read first then asked. There is a lot of info and it's not exactly organized so let's not take such a hard stance?

Also, there are a lot of "half answers" in the how to. In other words let's not let one turd pollute the punch bowl
reedca82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 01:10 PM   #9422
fitzcarraldo
Argentinischer Kaleun

Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina. Arrived in U-977 after 60 days below
Downloads: 1672

Quote:
Originally Posted by reedca82 View Post
I just got the mod about a month ago, read first then asked. There is a lot of info and it's not exactly organized so let's not take such a hard stance?

Also, there are a lot of "half answers" in the how to. In other words let's not let one turd pollute the punch bowl
I understand all the instructions and FAQ of the mod. Many of the bugs are SH5 vanilla. I´m playing perfectly with TWoS.

Condition: you need a PC with POWER for run SH5 with this mod. Not a super machine, but it is not for a PC running well SH3 or SH4. You need a little more.

I don´t read any "half answers", except those related to vanilla bugs and strange behaviour of the default SH5. The megamod is the tweaked sum of many mods. Each of these mods has his dedicated thread. So, you need to read also those posts. I´m sorry, but this is part of the hobby. And you will learn a lot.

Best regards and welcome!

Fitzcarraldo
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 01:31 PM   #9423
Cyborg322
Scurvy Dog of the Deep

Downloads: 310

Quote:
Originally Posted by reedca82 View Post

To All Concerned

The thing is probably a minimum 8 out of 10 questions posted here are either covered in Vecko's WOS guide or in the General SH5 guide by The Berbster. Practically everything in 2 links I'm not sure if it could be organised any better. It may possibly be trimmed to reflect new findings but then the history is lost it's a "catch 22 ".

WOS has been running now for many years and over that time there has been many fixes additions and bug reports so there is a lot of info in both guides. It may seem a little daunting to read at first but its all relevant and some don't bother reading it at all.

Post reporting problems with WOS when the user has added additional non recommended mods and even worse edited game files should not automatically expect replies. Some instances are just plain silly.

Attempting to find answers by generally "Googling" post often leads down the road of part answers confusion and incorrect info. I really don't recommend it and sure there will be posts repeated over time its expected to a degree.

The problem with spamming and non related WOS post is they dilute and push relevant queries into the background

In instances where there is any confusion with instructions or installation it's perfectly fine to ask for help, that's what this thread is about.

Simon

WOLVES OF STEEL
Attached Images
File Type: gif animated-union-jack-01.gif (7.2 KB, 169 views)

Last edited by Cyborg322; 12-11-2017 at 06:59 PM.
Cyborg322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 04:10 PM   #9424
connor4200
Watch

Downloads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCM View Post
We should make a rule here: everyone who is obviously not reading the "how to" on the first page is getting no answer anymore? Then this thread would be much cleaner to read.
we should atleast start a new sticky for anyone having issues with the mod in the form it's given
connor4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 08:41 PM   #9425
J0313
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1303

I was browsing the campaign files with the mission editor and when I opened the editor I got the message " Could not make since of the rec manuel category = Other. " Is that a cause for concern?
J0313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 10:56 AM   #9426
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 541
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0313 View Post
I was browsing the campaign files with the mission editor and when I opened the editor I got the message " Could not make since of the rec manuel category = Other. " Is that a cause for concern?
That's normal with Twos. Just hold enter key untill warnings are gone...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 03:52 AM   #9427
Valenwulf
Nub

Downloads: 93

Hello fellow simmers, I would request your help in matter regarding the great TWoS mod.

I very much enjoyed this mod a year ago, but due to no free time it was neglected for so long. Now after having a complete reinstall after HDD failure I seem to have been cursed for my erroneous ways.

I have installed and reinstalled SH5 at least 6 times now and to my knowledge I did everything by the book, but still it ends in my TDC being ****ed up. So I thought maybe the default UI options are not working very well, then to my surprise even the OptionsFileEditorViewer is not working as intended as it just gives an invalid entry error.

Here are my specs:
https://imgur.com/a/eWFKw
Here is the TDC:
https://imgur.com/a/fbLi2
And here is the invalid entry:
https://imgur.com/a/3b8ou

For the record I am using the Uplay SH5 Gold Edition, and even tried to install to various places and drives as well.

Thank you very much in advance
Valenwulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 04:18 AM   #9428
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 990

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Valenwulf
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
Tutorials And Other Information Links In My Signature Below
Your game has not been updated to v1.2
Post #5 Update SH5 From v1.0.5.0 To v1.2.0 Immediately After Installing

You have a graphics issue:
Direct X 9C version is not installed or corrupted (Included in the TWOS installation).
DirectX 9.0C > Download

GPU Nvidia settings are not correct for SH5.
Post #239 Changing The Nvidia GPU Settings

Do not install in the Program Files (X86) directory as it has restrictions which can affect SH5.
Try to install in C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5 as this is the default installation path for TWOS.

Quote:
then to my surprise even the OptionsFileEditorViewer is not working as intended as it just gives an invalid entry error.
If you have a game installation problem then other applications will show errors as well.
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 06:14 AM   #9429
Valenwulf
Nub

Thank you THEBERBSTER for the quick reply, but sadly none of these are working remedies.

I have hunch it either has to do something with the nature of line 36 or some kind of strange language/localization bug is in the works, since a graphical error would do something other than to jumble up a small part of the UI.
Old 12-13-2017, 10:31 AM   #9430
THEBERBSTER

Hi Valenwulf
I have to disagree on this issue with you.
Quote:
or some kind of strange language/localization bug is in the works, since a graphical error would do something other than to jumble up a small part of the UI.
Its not a bug.
The jumble in the UI is a graphic or compatibility problem, not a bug.
It is possible that your TWOS download was corrupted?
If you look at the basics does the stock game load?
What resolution are you using?
Are you using any of the resolution mods
Have you tried changing your SH5.exe in compatibility mode to tick the box to override high DPI settings?
Is your Nvidia gpu using the 382.05 driver?
There is a simple answer to this as your picture has been seen on this thread before.
I am supplying you with the ammunition you just need to find it by working through the possibilities to find a way to fix it.
Peter
Old 12-13-2017, 01:33 PM   #9431
Valenwulf
Nub

Thank you again for your answers, and indeed I used many times the search function but after 6 or more failed attempts I found it is easier to ask...

As for the download, yes it maybe corrupted and I will try to see if anything changes tomorrow when I download it with a different browser.

The stock game as per install instructions was successfully started and a system restart was made thereafter.

1900x1200, although I tried everything from the lowest possible (with the appropriate aspect ratio patches).

The exe's compatibility has also been tried with every option I found.

However the driver is 388.43, could this be a problem?
Old 12-13-2017, 02:04 PM   #9432
Aniuk
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 387
Default Nvidia driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valenwulf View Post
Thank you again for your answers, and indeed I used many times the search function but after 6 or more failed attempts I found it is easier to ask...

As for the download, yes it maybe corrupted and I will try to see if anything changes tomorrow when I download it with a different browser.

The stock game as per install instructions was successfully started and a system restart was made thereafter.

1900x1200, although I tried everything from the lowest possible (with the appropriate aspect ratio patches).

ABOUT THE DRIVER: Probably not a problem. 388.43 worked fine with me. So does 388.59. Seems Nvidia driver is ok now. Had some troubles in the past with earlier versions. But latest driver is working fine on my system. So does SH5 TWOS by the way

kind regards,

Aniuk
Aniuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 02:52 PM   #9433
THEBERBSTER

Hi Valenwulf
Quote:
If you are saying that you launched the stock game to the main menu then your problem lies elsewhere and is not a gpu problem or Direct X one.
Any of the previous things we have discussed is working and comes back logically to a TWOS download or installation problem.

It would be useful to hear Vecko's take on this.
Peter
Old 12-14-2017, 06:41 AM   #9434
Cyborg322
Scurvy Dog of the Deep

Downloads: 310

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valenwulf View Post

The path to your SH5 files is very long in the viewer and the SH5.exe location looks odd is that default ?

for example my game is C/Ubisoft/Sh5/..../.../... which is fairly typical for non Steam

When installing I would shorten the path where it asks for install directory

That would be a good start
Old 12-14-2017, 07:17 AM   #9435
THEBERBSTER

Hi Guys
I have just had a Microsoft Creator update to the 1709 Fall version.
This included an updated driver version to 388.13 which has not caused any problems.
Peter