SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-22-17, 08:44 AM   #1636
flightsimmer
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 17
Uploads: 0

Hi, I'm flightsimmer . I've been playing Silent Hunter 5 on and off now for a few years and I want to get back in again, I've been using other mods for awhile however this time I want to use this environment mod as well because it looks too beautiful.

I've installed the mods as ordered by sobers mod list so I thought there wouldn't be any issues. However this one is annoying me quite a bit: when diving the bow planes of the sub keeps pointing upwards, and stays stuck. I noticed a couple pages back someone had this problem too, but I'm not clear how he fixed it.

My mod list is as follows:

FX_Update_0_0_22_ByTheDarkWraith
FX_Update_0_0_22_Torpedoes (modified for torpedoes failure patches)
NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_ByTheDarkWraith
IRAI_0_0_41_ByTheDarkWraith
Environment 15 MOD
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_byTheBeast
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1
#Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1_HotFix
SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.2
SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.2.2 Patch
R.S.D. - Reworked Submarine Damage v5.7.1 by vdr1981_Main mod
R.S.D. v5.7.1 - Indestructible UZO patch
R.S.D. & R.E.M. - GHG Hydrophone add-on (no hyd on surface)
R.E.M_by_Xrundel_TheBeast_1.2
MightyFine Crew Mod 1.2.1 Stock w beards
Reworked Morale and Abilities v.1.1
I also patched using TDW GenericPatcher.

I've managed to isolate the mods and it's a conflict between NewUIs_TDC and Environment 15 MOD. The odd thing is it seems no one is complaining about the bow planes when using sobers mega mod, it's the same order as above but I just skipped the others. Also note I do not have Wolves of Steel.

Any suggestions? I'd love to use this mod but in the meantime I'll have to disable it while this one gets figured out.

EDIT: Okay, so apparently it's not even conflicting with NewUIs_TDC at all! I enabled ONLY Environment Mod 15 and I still get the same problem! This means one of the patches from the GenericPatcher is incompatible with this mod. Time to test each one by one

EDIT 2: I got it all wrong... This is a standalone problem. I only enabled the environment mod with no other patches/mods, started a new campaign and the sub's bow sticks up. Without the mod, this does not happen. TwanV says it's a game save problem, I think he's right because the save from without the mod works with the mod activated. Missing the depth keeping problem mod by TDW shouldn't be the cause either, apparently NewUIs_TDC already has it so now I'm stuck.

Last edited by flightsimmer; 06-22-17 at 10:26 AM.
flightsimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-17, 03:31 PM   #1637
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi fs
Are you using TDW's Generic File Patcher?
There are 2 sets of Dive Plane patches that need to be enabled.

Whether this where your problem is I do not know, but might make a difference as the dive planes are controlled from the NewUi interface?
Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-17, 07:19 AM   #1638
Kapten Nemo
Watch

Downloads: 209

Quote:
Originally Posted by flightsimmer View Post
Hi, I'm flightsimmer . I've been playing Silent Hunter 5 on and off now for a few years and I want to get back in again, I've been using other mods for awhile however this time I want to use this environment mod as well because it looks too beautiful.

I've installed the mods as ordered by sobers mod list so I thought there wouldn't be any issues. However this one is annoying me quite a bit: when diving the bow planes of the sub keeps pointing upwards, and stays stuck. I noticed a couple pages back someone had this problem too, but I'm not clear how he fixed it.
I have the same problem after enable this mod in JSGME, but later I found the simple solution:

- Disable the Environment 15 Mod in JSGME
- Browse to Environment 15 Mod\data\Submarine\NSS_Uboatxxx folder then delete each NSS_Uboatxxx.sim file within NSS_Uboatxxx folder.
- Enable the Environment 15 Mod again in JSGME
- All good.

Seems like that NSS_Uboatxxx.sim file in unit_submarine setting broken and make the sub bow keeps pointing upwards. And voila TWoS compatible

I believe in Sober mod soup, there is other mods that enabled after the Environment 15 Mod and overwrite the data\Submarine\NSS_Uboatxxx\NSS-Uboatxxx.sim file.

The other way is enable this "Stoianm pitch&roll + Real Battery Lifetime + U-boats.cfgs (edited+modified for engine ratio patches) Mod" after "Environment 15 Mod" so the NS_Uboatxxx.sim file been overwrited by "Stoianm pitch&roll + Real Battery Lifetime + U-boats.cfgs (edited+modified for engine ratio patches) Mod" NSS_Uboatxxx.sim file, and we don't have to delete anything.

Kapten Nemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-17, 03:53 PM   #1639
KrOkOZyABrA
Seaman

Downloads: 122

The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod not compatible with Env 15 - why??? Very cool and realistic Env mutch better then env twos!!! Why not compatible??? bad very bad and not nice reflections in twos... ENV 15 by W Clear = very very cool nice env. Why not compatible?????
KrOkOZyABrA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-17, 03:58 PM   #1640
KrOkOZyABrA
Seaman

At full speed and flank speed I a, having a heavy bow wake on top of the uboat right in front of the deck gun. Has anyone experienced this? Everything looks good except the massive "water spike" om top. W_Clear, great job by the way, beautiful mod.
Old 10-10-17, 03:59 PM   #1641
KrOkOZyABrA
Seaman

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=1610
Old 10-10-17, 05:53 PM   #1642
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3211

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrOkOZyABrA View Post
The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod not compatible with Env 15 - why??? Very cool and realistic Env mutch better then env twos!!! Why not compatible??? bad very bad and not nice reflections in twos... ENV 15 by W Clear = very very cool nice env. Why not compatible?????
Nice yellow letters....I see very well your post.

Did you try Env 15 with TWoS 2.09? For example, I think, you need to delete the sh.sdl file from Env 15 and conserve the file from TWoS. Also, see what files overwrites Env 15 of TWoS with JSGME and think what could be the possible conflict. First of all, the AI from TWoS is calibrated with his own enviro, so this could be a problem

I didn´t try it, so take my comments only as a sugerence.

Regards,

Fitzcarraldo
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-17, 07:01 AM   #1643
KrOkOZyABrA
Seaman

Try env 15 on clean vanilla 1.2 version - artefact triangles still visible.... what are hell a do wrong??????
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/atta...0&d=1468556452
Old 01-29-18, 03:17 AM   #1644
Sauroketh
Mate

Downloads: 59

Sir W_Clear,
you're the best around here (well, along with the Dark Wraith, to be precise...)

This environmental mod is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING...
I thought the SH5 graphics could not be made any better, but now it's bloody LIVE!!!
I even can say now, some water textures in the original SH5 looked somewhat artificial anl "cartoon-like" compared to your work.
You're INGENIUOS, man!
Sauroketh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-18, 03:23 AM   #1645
Sauroketh
Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Hi fs

Peter[/SIZE]

Thanks, Sir Expert,
There's been some weird problem controlling my pitch, I hope this will help...

Last edited by Sauroketh; 01-30-18 at 04:28 AM.
Old 01-29-18, 07:37 PM   #1646
Sauroketh
Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Hi fs
Whether this where your problem is I do not know, but might make a difference as the dive planes are controlled from the NewUi interface?
Peter
Well, honorable sirs, in spite of all stunning beauty of this environmental mod 15, there's something mighty messed up with depth navigation.

Using the manual control of dive planes just added A HELL to the harassment, for some numerical correction has been always necessary. Say, you want to go from the deck awash depth to periscope depth of 14 m, so you had to set the dive planes as if you would like to go to 18 m. And the bow would be pitched up dramatically whatever you do and the view from the scopes camera would be always inclined and sputtered.

Deleting the *.sim files did no changes, - I'm happy that it solved the problem for sir Kapten Nemo, but not im my built.

But still HELLUVA THANKS to KAPTEN NEMO for the hint:
in the end I cleanswept aside entirely EVERYTHING related to SUBMARINE in this mod, the Library folder and the Submarine folder, that is.

Now everything is both beautiful and controllable,
BUT:

can sir W_Clear or any else good man please be so kind to explain WHAT of SOME USE was in those files
EUF_Submarine_FX.dat and particles.dat (the Library folder)
and
NSS_Uboat7c41.fx
NSS_Uboat7C41.val
NSS_Uboat7C41_FX.GR2
NSS_Uboat7C41.sim
(Submarine folder).

Maybe there's something I'm going to miss terribly for I got rid of them forever?

Last edited by Sauroketh; 01-30-18 at 04:27 AM.
Old 01-30-18, 04:59 AM   #1647
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi S
The best way to understand how the dive planes work is in the control room watching the dials and see how they are used in automatic by the crew.
Using different diving and surfacing levels you can then put this into using manual dive planes where you need to always watch the dials so you can trim the boat.
In sobers mega mod you have to watch all the dials to see what is happening.
Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-18, 11:40 AM   #1648
Sauroketh
Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
This is not true since Environmental 15 MOD also deals with some files which are totally unrelated with env settings (like submarines sim files ect). Those files are not compatible with TWoS ... http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=229090
Dear Vecko,
In the hope, that you can READ or UNDERSTAND what is written, unlike some extremely honorable sirs here, may I kindly repeat the question:

what influence do files
EUF_Submarine_FX.dat
and
particles.dat
(the 'Library' folder)
have on the environment
or
on physical model?

if I'm not asking too much,
what do [in general]
NSS_Uboat7c41.fx
NSS_Uboat7C41.val
NSS_Uboat7C41_FX.GR2
NSS_Uboat7C41.sim
do?

I'll keep experimenting, of course, but maybe due to your knowledge I would spare some cleansweeps and re-setups....

Thanks a lot, sir.

Last edited by Sauroketh; 01-31-18 at 01:20 PM.
Old 01-31-18, 11:42 AM   #1649
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauroketh View Post
Dear Vecko,
In the hope, that you can READ or UNDERSTAND what is written, unlike some extremely honorable sirs here, may I kindly repeat the question:

what influence do files
EUF_Submarine_FX.dat - sub particle effect IIRC, water splashes, submarine smoke exhaust ect
and
particles.dat - self explanatory, all in game particle effects
(the 'Library' folder)
have on the environment
or
on physical model?

if I'm not asking too much,
what do [in general]
NSS_Uboat7c41.fx - submarine effects, water splashes, water film on the hull ect
NSS_Uboat7C41.val - submarine wake trails settings
NSS_Uboat7C41_FX.GR2 - main 3D model

NSS_Uboat7C41.sim - submarine performances and physics

do?

I will be experimenting, of course, but maybe due to your knowledge I would spare some cleansweeps and re-setups....

Thanks a lot, sir.
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-18, 01:17 PM   #1650
Sauroketh
Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Oh sir, thaaaat's releaving.
Thanks, thanks, thanks.
You help me to get the damned thing gradually, gradually, gradually decyphered.

By the way, my German translation for the interface of the so-called "Fun edition" of the SH5 is done. I'e got "only" to translate the mission and, curse it, radio messages texts.

But at least it's now mor or less logical that the Gerries curse in German and the logs are in German. Not that I'm a Nazi, quite the contrary, but Gerries cursing and dialogueing in English was totally weird to me.