SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-26-16, 08:32 PM   #601
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Default Welcome aboard!

hmayle! after a decade's silent run!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-16, 07:19 AM   #602
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Welcome to SubSim hmayle

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-16, 03:54 AM   #603
Miccer1991
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 35

Hello guys

Really loving this mod so far. Like the random failures and sabotage you can option in via SH Commander. On my first patrol out of Kiel, my starboard diesel got damaged after 5 minutes at ahead flank. Dropped down to full and had a crew repairing it. Then 20 minutes later my second in command tells me we have to shut it down or it will be lost. So stopped the boat and waited for 2 hours until it was repaired . Just hope my diveplanes won't jam cause that would be a disaster
Miccer1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-16, 08:46 AM   #604
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Welcome to SubSim Miccer

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-16, 02:35 PM   #605
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Miccer1991
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
Full Tutorials And Much More In My Signature
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-16, 03:24 AM   #606
ninja turtle
Frogman

Downloads: 249
Default Tweaking LSH3

Hi all.

Apologies if someone else has already posted the following changes, but I have been experimenting with some older mods to see if they will work with the latest LSH3. To be fair I've hardly played a career yet as I'm trying to make it similar to how my GWX version was, but the adjustments appear to work okay. Obviously find the files where you have installed LSH3 on your PC (I am using Steam so have installed exactly as suggested by Theberster - many thanks for your detailed and well explained step by steps for installing etc otherwise I probably would have fallen at the first hurdle trying this mod) and open them with 'notepad'.

Thomsen's Sound Pack:

As already noticed in past posts this mod will not work with LSH3, causing CTD's. However, if like myself you get fed up with hearing 'Jawohl, Herr Kaleun!' after every order, adjust the following as advised in the 'Readme.txt' within Thomsen's mod file:

C:Games>SilentHunter3>data>Sound>Speech

Here you will find 9 folders. In each folder delete the following (use ctrl-f to find them if necessary):

ChE_K_Yes_Sir.ogg
ChE_P_Yes_Sir.ogg
ChE_S_Yes_Sir.ogg

Save before closing 'notepad'. In game you will then no longer have 'Jawohl, Herr Kaleun!' but will get the verbal acknowledgement of order given.

Compulsory U-boat Headdress:

I like my crew to have self-discipline and prefer them to always wear their hat. This mod didn't appear to work with JSGME so I again followed the Readme.txt and made the following adjustments. There are about 120 changes in each file so it is a little laborious. However, so far I have only changed the II U-boat crew and only the file which has a crew name with it:

C>Games>SilentHunter3>data>Cfg

The paths to change are:

crew_config_II_1
crew_config_II_2
crew_config_II_3
crew_config_IX_1
crew_config_IX_2
crew_config_IX_3
crew_config_VII_1
crew_config_VII_2
crew_config_VII_3
crew_config_XXI_1
crew_config_XXI_2
crew_config_XXI_3

"HasHelmet=No" change to "Yes" and save before closing 'notepad'.

Again use ctrl-f to find them easily.

I hope this post might help some of you. Disclaimer - please don't blame me if anything goes wrong and credit goes to the creators of the above mods who have provided the information within their mods.

If someone knows how to take out the U-Boat orange location arrow icon and LSH3 logo when in external view I would be very grateful.

Also whether there is a mod that has the four-digit co-ordinate overlay in the F5 map for U-Boat location as used in WW2. This was used in GWX under 'Charts add on' but will not work with LSH3.

Happy hunting!

ninja turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-16, 04:28 AM   #607
THEBERBSTER

Hi nt
Glad to hear the Steam fix worked ok for you and you have the game up and running.
Regarding the Thomsen Sound Pack.
This mod causes a problem in the Eprobungstelle test missions where it will place your boat thousands of miles away from your test base.
Very useful information also especially the speech file changes.
Peter
Old 08-22-16, 08:59 AM   #608
ninja turtle
Frogman

Default Further tweaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Regarding the Thomsen Sound Pack.
This mod causes a problem in the Eprobungstelle test missions where it will place your boat thousands of miles away from your test base.
Peter
Hi Peter,

The same bug happens with GUI_OLC_WIDESCREEN when you add 'EnglishToGermanForOLCGUIGWXv1.1' (I know it's not meant for the LSH3 supermod but it works). When starting in the Epprobungstelle Flotilla the home base is Penang and the U-Boat is located in grid FG28. As the language mod works within the game, the easiest way around this I've found is to move the mod from right to left columns in JSGME when taking the test mission and when upgrading/transferring to another base and then add the English to German addition before continuing with career patrols.

Other mods which work with LSH3:

Rapt0r's Uniforms V2.0 (I am using Grey - All Leather)
Authentic_U-boat_Off_Faces (Works in barracks when adding crew members etc and in boat management screen when on boat - F7 - but not the lower screen icons). (Worked around this by using Numpad Del button to take off these icons when not needed).

If anyone wants to change the 'Gute jagd, Ihr Himmelhund' to whatever they wish, use this method:

C:Games>SilentHunter3>data>Menu>en_menu.txt

Open with 'notepad'.

Ctrl-f to find what you wish to change (should be file 961).

I changed it to 'Das Boot...' Save when closing 'notepad'.

Last edited by ninja turtle; 08-22-16 at 09:12 AM.
Old 08-22-16, 09:35 AM   #609
CaptBones
The Old Man

Downloads: 206

Default Grid overlay

The 4-digit grid conversion you're looking for is GRIDXXXX. It's available here at SUBSIM in two forms, the original by Tycho and modified by Fahnenbohn. Either "Search" or go to the "Downloads" section.

I installed it in LSH3 menu_1024_768 as G31 I35. But, I'd advise you to change the position before you install it; the original (-157, 1671) leaves it hidden beneath other pullouts at the upper left corner of the Nav chart screen. I changed it to 125, 1650, which centers it at the top of the chart.

Hope this helps; sink 'em all!
CaptBones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-16, 12:07 PM   #610
ninja turtle
Frogman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptBones View Post
The 4-digit grid conversion you're looking for is GRIDXXXX. It's available here at SUBSIM in two forms, the original by Tycho and modified by Fahnenbohn. Either "Search" or go to the "Downloads" section.

I installed it in LSH3 menu_1024_768 as G31 I35. But, I'd advise you to change the position before you install it; the original (-157, 1671) leaves it hidden beneath other pullouts at the upper left corner of the Nav chart screen. I changed it to 125, 1650, which centers it at the top of the chart.:
Many thanks, CaptBones and BL!TZKR!EG. This is exactly what I'm looking for!

Old 08-25-16, 06:16 AM   #611
ninja turtle
Frogman

Default Black Sea

Hi all,

Has anyone had problems when transferring to 30th Flotilla and starting in Konstance; the U-Boat is located in FG28 rather than the port? I'm not sure whether 'GridXXXX' doesn't like the Black Sea?

Many thanks.

Old 08-31-16, 07:02 PM   #612
Pomf666
Swabbie

Downloads: 10

Been getting tired of GWX (but not SH3 itself still), looking to give LSH another try after my previous attempts.

Maybe I would be able to get into this great looking mod if some of the biggest issues I have with it have some type of resolutions:

1) Extremely, extremely, long load times, both for booting up and loading a mission (as well as loading save)

This really is the biggest issue that prevents me from playing this supermod.

Is there any fix or solution to this?

I run win7 64 bit, 16gb ram, gtx970 (soon to be gtx1070 in a few days), i5 cpu

I grew up on a c64, so I know how to deal with long load times, but I swear these load times are longer than anything even the longest loading c64 games. It is easily 5 to 7 minutes per load, sometimes seems closer to 10 minutes.

Other secondary issues:

2) AI for enemy destroyers hunting you is extremely poor (even with extended challenge on)

This I could even just deal with without any solutions as long as the load times disappear or lessen at least and just simply enjoy LSH for its extreme immersive feeling, which in that department it highly excels...which is all the more reason it is so sad that these other 2 issues plaque the supermod.

Anyways, sorry if I come off as a dick with this post or seem entitled. I really want to enjoy LSH, but these issues are preventing to from being able to, despite all the potential and work I can clearly see went into this supermod.

So, any tips, tricks, information, solutions, advice, etc would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Danke
Pomf666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-16, 04:38 AM   #613
THEBERBSTER

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Pomf666
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
Highly Recommended > LIVING SILENT HUNTER III EDITION 2015 Mega Mod > Full Tutorials And Much More In My Signature

The game loading times is down to your system not LSH3-2015.
My saved games will load in under 5 minutes from SH3Commander.
Old 09-01-16, 12:42 PM   #614
skip
Helmsman

Downloads: 379

Is it possible to play LSH 3 in a high resolution my monitors native resolution is 2560 x 1140. If so how do I go about setting it up.

Also how do you open the locks in the harbours

Thanks
skip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-16, 02:15 PM   #615
THEBERBSTER

Hi skip
Code:
Also how do you open the locks in the harbours
You cannot open them.