SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Special Projects > Subsim Events & Activities > Best of Subsim
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-28-09, 11:55 PM   #29
Oneshot/Onekill
Captain

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padvotke View Post
Posted by Aramike:"Think of the military - awarding people with medals recognizing their achievements isn't an affront to the honorable individuals who don't recieve them. The purpose of this is to recognize the people who've worked just a little bit harder to make our games more enjoyable, spent a little bit longer answering our questions, welcoming our peers, and making us think/laugh."This could be an approach.. But make sure you have enough medals then
Your opinion has been noted. You made your point, now move on.
You obviously never spent time in the service, you have no idea behind the reasoning for individual achievement. In fact people that served, myself included did not look for recognition, we did or jobs, but if and when such recognition was bestowed, we took it as an accomplishment for ourselves and our comrades because we were all a band of brother's

Not to mention, in the military there are alot of UNIT citations and medals that can and are awarded for specific unit involvments in certain missions, ect. These awards are given to every person in the unit.

There are also medals for good conduct. (Staying out of trouble and following the rules and regulations of the military for a specific amount of yrs)

Do you really think that a Silver Star or MOH winner is looking for glory. No it's quite the opposite my friend. They are simply doing whatever is necessary to accomplish the mission and bring their buddies home in one piece.