Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-21-17, 08:05 PM   #1
Shkval
Planesman

Downloads: 54
Uploads: 0
Default Detection ranges?

After some long time I have returned to DW... just to be reminded why I didn't liked it in the first place... decided to give it a go with RA mod installed, since it is supposed to be more "realistic" that way... BS... I know the "double" marking of a contact both in narrow and wide band is introduced to force you to come closer and risk more... ok I can live with that, but did these guys did ANYTHING with ****ty detection ranges limited to 5,5 to 6 NM? Bow sonar of the Akula 1 Improved cannot pickup a Los Angeles class at 10 kilometers, and own speed of 6 knots, under the ice, in cold, still, and high salinity water, but the (always and mostly useless) hull array can? Uninstalling ASAP... Sub Command RULES FOREVER!
Old 08-08-17, 03:59 PM   #2
A-Ganger
Sparky

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0

LA class sonar is completely BROKEN and does not even remotely resemble anything close to reality.

I've literally been < 900 yds from subs and don't even pick them up on ANY of the Sonar! SORRY, NO SUB IN THE WORLD IS THAT QUIET GOING 5 KTS!
It's on the DW discord channel/lobby, the replay from a few days ago.

Just played a MP game, same junk. Contacts NW of me, nothing but a ship or two, then 2 min later I'm shot by a ship from there that cannot be seen on LA's junk Sonar.

I've been on LA subs for 20 years, and whatever has been done to this game has made the sonar suite horrid. If a contact isn't making all kind of noise you cant find it!
A-Ganger is offline   Reply With Quote