SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-02-15, 02:00 PM   #211
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130
Uploads: 0

I agree with the 'Looters will be shot on sight' thing.
Old 05-02-15, 02:23 PM   #212
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

I have a good black friend, he basically says blacks know better to go into white neighborhoods and business areas, says the govt would go to shooting along with white business folks if blacks came rioting and looting through the rich country club area....

You see my dog don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-15, 02:46 PM   #213
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armistead View Post
I have a good black friend, he basically says blacks know better to go into white neighborhoods and business areas, says the govt would go to shooting along with white business folks if blacks came rioting and looting through the rich country club area....

During the LA riot, a lot of the business owners armed themselves since the LAPD was very, very slow to react when the riot started. Here in Hollywood, I saw men on the roof of one of the Scientology-owned buildings (there are several here) toting assault rifles. A pawnshop owner up the street from my home had spray painted this own the metal security door the warning "Owner Inside With Shotgun - Come In If You Dare". No one tried...

<O>
Old 05-02-15, 02:48 PM   #214
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

So I guess that means they are good with looting each other?

Sad state of affairs.
Old 05-02-15, 03:29 PM   #215
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
I agree with the 'Looters will be shot on sight' thing.
While I think these looters are scum and punishment for that should be severe, KILLING them is simply in direct contradiction to the values of any advanced civilization.
Old 05-02-15, 07:08 PM   #216
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armistead View Post
I'm pretty sure that goes for white looters as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nippelspanner View Post
While I think these looters are scum and punishment for that should be severe, KILLING them is simply in direct contradiction to the values of any advanced civilization.
Don't expect everyone to agree with that.
Old 05-02-15, 07:24 PM   #217
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Stevens View Post
Don't expect everyone to agree with that.
I sure don't.
Opinions...

Last edited by Nippelspanner; 05-02-15 at 07:30 PM.
Old 05-02-15, 08:00 PM   #218
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nippelspanner View Post
I never said KILL them. I said shoot them.
A leg wound and a cop at the ER to gather them up for jail works for me.

My home was invaded and my Step-son and his friend sent to hospitals.
I was in Hawaii at the time. Had I been home?
There would have been bodies sent to the morgue. Not the hospital.

So yes. I have no problem with protecting ones health or property from criminals.
Old 05-02-15, 08:58 PM   #219
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

[QUOTE=Nippelspanner;2311166]
Quote:
I never said KILL them. I said shoot them.
A leg wound and a cop at the ER to gather them up for jail works for me.

My home was invaded and my Step-son and his friend sent to hospitals.
I was in Hawaii at the time. Had I been home?
There would have been bodies sent to the morgue. Not the hospital.

So yes. I have no problem with protecting ones health or property from criminals.
We know who's in charge when you're on the road!!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-15, 09:02 PM   #220
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Nancy and I both were on Maui at the time.
But ya. She'll kill invaders just fine if I'm not home.
Old 05-03-15, 06:30 AM   #221
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Nancy and I both were on Maui at the time.
But ya. She'll kill invaders just fine if I'm not home.
Be kind enough to inform Nancy I've discarded my idea of making a surprise visit

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-15, 10:33 AM   #222
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default A gray area indeed: My inalienable right to Depart in Haste

Just to bring it back on thread a little, Some interesting points pertaining to the deceased gentleman, Mr Gray, in Baltimore who "made eye-contact and then fled." Essentially, anyone can walk away from a peace officer "and if you may walk...you have the right to increase speed ie: run too"...in theory. http://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/crime-penalties/federal/Evading-Arrest-on-Foot.htm http://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/crime-penalties/federal/Evading-Arrest-on-Foot.htm Fleeing from police is not, by itself, illegal in America, and the U.S. Supreme Court has made clear that in safe neighborhoods, people not suspected of criminal activity can ignore a police officer who approaches them, even to the point of walking away.
But courts have set a different standard for places where street crime is common, ruling that police can chase, stop and frisk people if their location contributes to a suspicion of criminal activity.
This double standard is having a major impact as more black men die in encounters with police around the country. Many have been shot or tackled while trying to flee. The court rulings justifying police chases in high-crime areas where many African-Americans live are contributing to a dangerous divide between police and citizens, said Ezekiel Edwards, director of the Criminal Law Reform Project at the American Civil Liberties Union.
"Folks who are going to be the most intimidated or scared of the police are the same people in places where the Supreme Court has said, 'if you run from police, that's suspicion,'" he said.
Edwards is among the legal experts who say unprovoked flight, on its own, shouldn't justify a chase: "If you can walk away, you can run away. It shouldn't matter the speed at which you move away."
There are limits to this leeway: The Supreme Court and lower courts have repeatedly required police to have some justification for stopping or questioning someone in a public place. But several legal experts say that because he was standing in a drug-infested area, Gray's decision to bolt on April 12 may have justified the decision by four bicycle-riding officers to pursue and detain him. and break his neck and leg on an over-long route to the station?.(he looks tolerably ok, still upright,in this shot?!!)

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-15, 10:41 AM   #223
Von Tonner
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 44

The silence is deafening.

A police officer gunned downed in Queens. Not the first by a long chalk.

"Officials said the incident was the fifth shooting of a New York police officer in as many months, and New York Mayor Bill de Blasio called it “a reminder of the dangers all of our officers face every single day”.

Here is a guy who has a distinguished record as a police officer, born into a family that has served the community as police officers over generations - and is now fighting for his life life after been shot in the head by a bloody low life.

And one wonders why police officers tend to shoot first and ask questions later.

But hey, you know what, no towns, cities, suburbs, stores etc will be looted or burnt as his family come to terms with this incident.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-10221896.html

"Knowledge is like a lion:it cannot be gently embraced"
- South African proverb
Von Tonner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-15, 11:04 AM   #224
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

The silence is quite deafening. So lets not forget the trigger happy boys in blue during the search for Christopher Dorner, shooting two ladies delivering news papers and those others just going about their daily routine who got a bullet.

Then there's the NYP shooting when cops shot and wounded everyone BUT the suspect.

I dont know how to put this, cops do have my support but they need to clean up their 'asterisk, asterisk, asterisk, asterisk-ing' act real quick. To me the line between some cops and crimminals are at best somewhat blurred. Departments need to do a little house cleaning.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-15, 11:49 AM   #225
Von Tonner
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
To me the line between some cops and crimminals are at best somewhat blurred. Departments need to do a little house cleaning.
I agree with you. No argument there from me. I am not at all saying ALL the men in blue butter would not melt in their mouth. What I am saying is that by FAR the majority of the men/woman in blue have families who pray that they come home after a shift safe and sound. And if one of them, with his or her family in the back of their mind should happen on a suspect who does NOT obey a lawful command from them to either stop, lie down, raise your hands, etc but continues to either flee, pose a threat, or whatever - sorry, but my benefit of the doubt wieghs so heavily in their favour should they do what they are tasked to do.

"Knowledge is like a lion:it cannot be gently embraced"
- South African proverb
Von Tonner is offline   Reply With Quote