The_Wolves_of_Steel (TwoS) F.A.Q.'s and Gameplay Tips > PDF Instructions
Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-18, 10:05 AM   #17
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

In TWoS, prior of reaching a campaign end you will get red messages giving you exact instructions on what to do. Just be sure NOT to dock anywhere and use TC, eventually you will see a first window with war results and then the main campaign selection window. From here you continue a new campaign.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-18, 11:57 PM   #18
Hjalfnar
Torpedoman

Downloads: 33
Uploads: 0

I ALWAYS save anew. So far no problems, and I am playing with savegame synchronization via Uplay. Something I noticed though: Depending on how old or new and stable your PC is, it might crash during save loading if you don't use LAA or 4GB RAM Patch. Both do the same, though LAA works better with older programs (for example SH3 and SH4).
Hjalfnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-18, 05:20 AM   #19
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 452
Uploads: 0

About the patrol log 0000-00-00 problem, it seems it is related to destroyed marks that doesn’t show on loading saves.

On my last saved reload, my last destroyed ship mark didn’t show up...and looking at the capt log, i had the 0000-00-00 for the date.
I exited game, corrected the date in my document/SH5/last save/captain log, and back after reloading this save the destroyed mark showed up again!

So to make sure the destroyed mark are showing up correctly, each time after i sink a ship i verify the capt log date. If i get the 0000-00-00, i save and exit to correct the date in my documents/SH5, and reload the last save corrected.

ÉDIT: nope, called to fast. Destroyed marks are still showing up when they want ...

Last edited by Fifi; 08-25-18 at 08:29 AM.
Fifi is online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-18, 10:53 AM   #20
Nicolas
Commander

Downloads: 194

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
About the patrol log 0000-00-00 problem, it seems it is related to destroyed marks that doesn’t show on loading saves.

On my last saved reload, my last destroyed ship mark didn’t show up...and looking at the capt log, i had the 0000-00-00 for the date.
I exited game, corrected the date in my document/SH5/last save/captain log, and back after reloading this save the destroyed mark showed up again!

So to make sure the destroyed mark are showing up correctly, each time after i sink a ship i verify the capt log date. If i get the 0000-00-00, i save and exit to correct the date in my documents/SH5, and reload the last save corrected.

ÉDIT: nope, called to fast. Destroyed marks are still showing up when they want ...

I was worried 000-00-00 things could be a problem it seems not (i have them on almost all sunk ship).
This game is too glitchy! glitches everywhere.
Nicolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-18, 11:08 AM   #21
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolas View Post
I was worried 000-00-00 things could be a problem it seems not (i have them on almost all sunk ship).
That's quite "normal" and it has no effect on normal gameplay, and this has been said 1000 times...

Quote:
This game is too glitchy! glitches everywhere.
Where exactly? Just don't say to me that you have installed one or two additional non-TWoS mods to "ease" on your FPS?

Last edited by vdr1981; 10-27-18 at 11:16 AM.
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-18, 11:37 AM   #22
Nicolas
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
That's quite "normal" and it has no effect on normal gameplay, and this has been said 1000 times...

Where exactly? Just don't say to me that you have installed one or two additional non-TWoS mods to "ease" on your FPS?
No i have not installed anything.
I had one ctd only today after sinking a ship reloaded and finished that patrol. Still worth a month in some days of ctd of other games like sh3 or 4.
But the menus... my god i'm sort of 'perfectionist' when it comes to using something that works, i like it working like a clock and the menus and GUI behaves 'not correct' order bar, sometimes you need to click 2 times, 2 messages repeating themselves when some officer is doing something, use tc and some orders don't complete you need to tc down, i enter the uzo and get a short graphical glitch. etc..
I can play like this.. i only wish it was better...

Thanks again for your efforts.
Old 10-27-18, 11:47 AM   #23
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
No i have not installed anything.
I had one ctd only today after sinking a ship reloaded and finished that patrol. Still worth a month in some days of ctd of other games like sh3 or 4.
But the menus... my god i'm sort of 'perfectionist' when it comes to using something that works, i like it working like a clock and the menus and GUI behaves 'not correct' order bar, sometimes you need to click 2 times, 2 messages repeating themselves when some officer is doing something, use tc and some orders don't complete you need to tc down, i enter the uzo and get a short graphical glitch. etc..
I can play like this.. i only wish it was better...

Thanks again for your efforts.
That CTD clearly indicates that something is wrong with your installation because such problems are eliminated from TWoS long time ago...
As for the 2nd part of your post, I'm afraid that the only solution would be to play stock or create your own modlist from available mods.
Cheers!
Old 10-27-18, 11:47 AM   #24
Nicolas
Commander

Quote:

Speaking of messing things up, i realized that i did not start the game without your mod, i'm screwed? all seems to work more or less for now. Only one ctd like i said. Because in the installer it said: To test the game runs properly and i had faith the vanilla it will work ok. The message didn't tell that is critical for twos to function correctly...
Old 10-27-18, 11:50 AM   #25
Nicolas
Commander

Quote:
That CTD clearly indicates that something is wrong with your installation because such problems are eliminated from TWoS long time ago...
As for the 2nd part of your post, I'm afraid that the only solution would be to play stock or create your own modlist from available mods.
Cheers!
Well i don't think i can do a better mod pack... But still it bugs me.
Old 10-27-18, 11:50 AM   #26
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Speaking of messing things up, i realized that i did not start the game without your mod, i'm screwed? all seems to work more or less for now. Only one ctd like i said. Because in the installer it said: To test the game runs properly and i had faith the vanilla it will work ok. The message didn't tell that is critical for twos to function correctly...
Did you saved and reload your gamesave when you appeared in the bunker for the first time?
Old 10-27-18, 11:53 AM   #27
Nicolas
Commander

Quote:
Did you saved and reload your gamesave when you appeared in the bunker for the first time?
Yes i did read that somewhere, and also almost all of the documents.
Old 10-27-18, 11:55 AM   #28
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Yes i did read that somewhere, and also almost all of the documents.
And for that CTD, can you describe it in a bit more details?
Old 10-27-18, 12:01 PM   #29
Nicolas
Commander

Quote:
And for that CTD, can you describe it in a bit more details?
I spotted 2 ships and sunk 1 with 1 torp, then i surfaced and deck gunned the other till it sank, i got the 'sunk message' etc and immediately ctd 'sh5 stopped working'

i was near loch eye? no, well i don't remember the name north of there and already sunk some ships in the vicinity, i was in the mission northern approaches in year 40'.

I have the increment flooding in zones optional if its worth mentioning.
Old 10-27-18, 12:15 PM   #30
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
I spotted 2 ships and sunk 1 with 1 torp, then i surfaced and deck gunned the other till it sank, i got the 'sunk message' etc and immediately ctd 'sh5 stopped working'

i was near loch eye? no, well i don't remember the name north of there and already sunk some ships in the vicinity, i was in the mission northern approaches in year 40'.

I have the increment flooding in zones optional if its worth mentioning.
Hm, can't say anything for sure. Haven't had similar problem for quite a long time. I would suggest you clean game re-installation and fresh campaign, just to be on a safe side...