SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-12-18, 09:48 PM   #631
Zinmar
Commander

Downloads: 276
Uploads: 0

Howdy folks. Long time SH3 and 4 player here. Finally decided to give SH5 a go. I'm running with the megamod TWOS and learning how that operates. Now I've just been given my command and I'm learning how to move around but it is awesome eye-candy.
Zinmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-18, 11:06 PM   #632
Rasher
Gunner

Downloads: 43
Default Welcome Bud

Welcome Zinmar, Im same as yourself, starting back on SH5 with TwoS Mod. First time play. good luck
Rasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-18, 02:05 PM   #633
divemonkie
Medic

Downloads: 1031

Icon14 ahoy sub simmers

55 year old landlocked truck driver finally able to play over the road.

I'd used to play 9 or 10 years ago but had to put it aside...just wasn't practical on a truck. But now I've found a system that works and makes it injoyable to play again.

I've forgotten most of what I'd learned back then so expect many stupid questions and fill free to demote me to fish bait firstclass.
But mostly I'd want to say thanks to everyone for making these games so much better.
divemonkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-18, 02:57 PM   #634
Chris K
Gunner

Downloads: 0

Hello! Here I am a 62-year-old New York citizen who appreciates and takes life as one gets. I like historical events, and for a long time a demanding Silent Hunter player, has worked in NYPD.

Chris
Chris K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-18, 05:16 PM   #635
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > divemonkey & Chris K
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials And Other Information Links In My Signature Below
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-18, 07:28 PM   #636
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

divemonkie! U should feel right at home here as we tend to tolerate over-the-road-truckers...http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=2199413&postcount=1

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 08-13-18 at 07:59 PM.
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-18, 05:12 AM   #637
albaman
Nub

Downloads: 0
Default Thank-ee

Thank You for the reply's

And hello Rasher.
I am a little forward in my mission since last post, and at this moment am in the middle of the north sea headed towards the enemy
( shhhh keep that under your hat, walls have ears ) .

As per the email I will add to my first post with a little about myself and my interests, used to play in a band ( several) just local pub n club but not played live for years, still have a lot of gear but sadly it only gathers dust,

I work as a tech at the Uni, have done for the last 20 odd years, hopefully I want to jump ship in the next couple of years, the older I get and the more I hear about so and so shoving his mortal coil early sixty's the more I want to take early retirement.
I like many of my age group like books, tend not to watch too much TV and spend the time away from that at night on the PC, doing flight sims(DCS) and I ashamedly admit you tubing LoL Cats and Dogs ( funny don't have a pet)

Can't think of much else at the moment that's remotely interesting to say so I will sign off for now.

Alba
albaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-18, 06:51 AM   #638
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Welcome to SubSim chaps

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-18, 09:41 AM   #639
Den Eds
Nub

Downloads: 30
Icon12 I'm back...

Hellooo all,
Never made time to do this when I joined the forum, so here's my story :
Bought SH5 on cd when it was released, but it didn't last long and ended somewhere collecting dust. Stumbled on the latest improvements and mods and gonna give it another run. Great to see that even after all those years you're still around...

Now the boring part, I'm a technical manager from Belgium, been put on early retirement because they decided to close down the doors at the factory where I have been working for the last 40 years.

Been on computers since the very first ones ever where available for the public. Like to see what's possible and what's not with them. Like to go for some carp fishing once in awhile. Into RC-Models (also submarines) and had my part in Car Tuning scene. Plenty of things done in the past...

Anyway, if anybody needs some advice, help or what ever... give a yell.

See Ya !!!
Den Eds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-18, 12:32 PM   #640
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A Warm Welcome Back To The Subsim Community > Den Eds
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below

The Wolves Of Steel Mega Mod (TWoS) By vdr1981 > Highly Recommended For All SH5 Players
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-18, 09:44 PM   #641
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy

Default Welcome back!

DenEds!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 09-05-18, 07:52 AM   #642
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Welcome Den

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-18, 09:02 AM   #643
Sam.Willow
A Steam Engine Engineer

Downloads: 84
Icon10 I've been away too long.

Greetings! I played SH2 on Win95 laptop and had a blast. Joined Subsim and had a blast! Then real life intruded on my fantasies, got a good job and a dear wife who I still have BTW. Silent hunter became a fond memory of mine. I could remember all of the glitches and frustrating moments in that version but the fun was outstanding and made it all worth while.

Finally I bit the bullet and bought SH3 for WinXP I believe I could not remember my login and password for Subsim so I created a new account in 2015. Needless to say I had a blast all over again. Then darn it real life plagued me again! I hate when that happens.

About a month ago I was reading the Subsim Forums about SH5 and the game bug bit me again! I bought the simulation on DVD and after it arrived I installed it, anticipating even more fun but I couldn't get it working. I pleaded with THEBERBSTER to assist me, his encouragement & ideas helped to keep my hopes up and last night all the trials and tribulations paid off!

I will be setting sail once again soon, I just need to learn the games keyboard shortcuts again and get the Wolves of Steel mega mod installed. I can't wait to visualize the crowds cheering as I and my crew set off to new adventures during WW2 in the Atlantic Ocean.

Last edited by Sam.Willow; 09-06-18 at 12:09 PM.
Sam.Willow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-18, 07:30 PM   #644
momps
Watch

Downloads: 15
Default New to sub sims

Greetings. Normally I am a flight simmer. I am eager to give subs a try. Silent Hunter 5 appears to be the most realistic. Any advice in getting started is appreciated.
Momps
momps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-18, 10:31 PM   #645
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Default Welcome aboard!

momps!

Tags
intro, introduction