Old 09-06-18, 03:53 PM   #1
fly999
Mate

Downloads: 488
Uploads: 0
Default Campaign Bunker save not working

Need some advice please

trying to start a new campaign WOS mod

so I followed Peters advice ,, got the mission and then saved the game in bunker

Problem : when I then load the game im getting the error message to the effect that there is a problem and I should try reloading the save ,
reload does not fix the problem ,,,, still get error message

I should say this doesn't happen every time but its fairly regular

on a side note I will sometimes get this message before I even save the game !
as in as soon as game loads and I enter the bunker there is the campaign check count down from 5 and then the error message !!
fly999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-18, 10:57 PM   #2
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1333

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly999 View Post
Need some advice please

trying to start a new campaign WOS mod

so I followed Peters advice ,, got the mission and then saved the game in bunker

Problem : when I then load the game im getting the error message to the effect that there is a problem and I should try reloading the save ,
reload does not fix the problem ,,,, still get error message

I should say this doesn't happen every time but its fairly regular

on a side note I will sometimes get this message before I even save the game !
as in as soon as game loads and I enter the bunker there is the campaign check count down from 5 and then the error message !!
Hi fly999
you have not installed correctly TWoS Mod
Old 09-07-18, 05:35 AM   #3
fly999
Mate

Got to say I was extremely careful with the install,,,

so later for fun I just kept going back to main menu and reloading the game

after about 6 tries it was finally happy and gave the ok to proceed !

what I don't understand is there is nothing to load,,, this is the start of the mission so we are only talking a few minutes of saved game time ,,
so what is going on that is causing the problem ?

also is it normal to get the message "saved games are synchronised with the server" even though I has Uplay set to offline ?

really don't want to reinstall again as I don't think I would change anything

I spent hours going through subsim how to's and video's on installing WOS

has anyone else had or got a similar problem ?
Old 09-07-18, 05:49 AM   #4
fly999
Mate

Just loaded a saved game and no error messages ,,,

campaign advancement message counted down and then gave the "good luck"

so why is it that sometimes I get these messages that there is a problem even though I am saving prior to leaving the Bunker ?

if this was an install issue surely none of the saved games would load ?

to clarify : saved game in bunker : save would not load : save loads after about 6 attempts : save again after about 8 hours at sea : save loads no problem !!!

is it having a laugh ? is it taking the P ,,, is it me ?
Old 09-07-18, 07:07 AM   #5
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 452

Quote:
also is it normal to get the message "saved games are synchronised with the server" even though I has Uplay set to offline ?
Me too i have it. Never understood why. But everything seems ok offline (both Steam & Uplay) except my destroyed marks not keeping on saves.
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-18, 08:06 AM   #6
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Just loaded a saved game and no error messages ,,,

campaign advancement message counted down and then gave the "good luck"

so why is it that sometimes I get these messages that there is a problem even though I am saving prior to leaving the Bunker ?

if this was an install issue surely none of the saved games would load ?

to clarify : saved game in bunker : save would not load : save loads after about 6 attempts : save again after about 8 hours at sea : save loads no problem !!!

is it having a laugh ? is it taking the P ,,, is it me ?
You are mixing oranges and apples fly999. Those campaign progress messages have nothing to do with your gamesaves and uplay and can be completely ignored until it's time for your campaign/flotilla transfer. Disable the "Campaign Advance Verifier Testing" addon and enjoy your campaign until then.

Quote:
- How can I pass from one campaign chapter to the next one? (IMPORTANT)
Campaign transfers in TWoS are date controlled. This means that, in order to trigger the campaign transfer, you will have to be ON PATROL
when ending date of your current campaign chapter is reached, preferably somewhere at open sea without AI units in your vicinity.
Campaign transfer should then be initiated, or it will be at least few days after the ending date. This is important so pay special attention not
to skip this date due to badly timed docking...The end date of first "Coastal Waters" campaign is on 1st June 1940, "Happy Times" ends
on 1st march 1941 ect. Check ending dates for other campaigns here.
Now, there is a catch... Due to certain broken aspects of SH5's launcher, there is a possibility that even upon reaching campaign chapter
ending date, campaign transfer still may fail to initialize (your patrol just goes on without any visible flotilla objectives). In this case, you
should load your previous gamesave (made before campaign chapter ending date) and use one of these two methods (this or this) to trigger
campaign transfer correctly (campaign transfer screen should then pop-up in the next few days of sim time)... For this method to work, the
GFP patch which disables Uplay browser should be disabled (default in TWoS). Note that Mama's solutions with TWoS can be useful only
when you're expecting campaign transfer, on campaign chapter ending. Before that date, you can load your gamesaves with or without these
tweaks, there will be no significant impact on campaign progress.
Additionally, in-game "Campaign/Flotilla transfer" radio messages will tell you exactly how to behave when nearing campaign chapter ending
and what to do if the transfer fails to initialize on designated date... You can also put to a good use optional "Campaign Advance Verifier
Testing" TWoS addon which will tell you will the automatic campaign transfer be successful upon loading a gamesave. Note that if you are
getting persistent "problem detected" messages with this addon even after 2-3 reloads, the message may be false positive actually.
Alternatively or if Mama's tweaks don't work for you (campaign transfer screen doesn't pop-up no mater what), you can use this
workaround which will work for sure even if campaign chapter ending date is passed for a few days ...
I understand it's easier to just ask the question on forum but that documentation is there for a reason...

Last edited by vdr1981; 09-07-18 at 08:17 AM.
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-18, 11:12 AM   #7
HW3
Navy Seal

Downloads: 453

Quote:
Yes, In this case the server is your computer, and it is syncing your saved games stored on your computer, with the SH5 game on your computer.

"Some ships are designed to sink...others require our assistance." Nathan Zelk
HW3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-18, 01:50 PM   #8
fly999
Mate

Gentlemen, Apologies for not reading that documentation fully

Many thanks and appreciation for the two explanations I am extremely grateful

now if I could just get my damned sextant to function correctly as in observe an object higher than 3 degrees I would be totally satisfied ,.,..

Cheers all