Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-19, 09:53 AM   #6856
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

What a beautiful indictment free Saturday morning it is. Some people drink coffee in the morning, but I prefer this.

Old 03-23-19, 10:34 AM   #6857
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

I'm sure 25 plus million dollars of tax payer money well spent on this political boondoggle . The taxpayer is never going to know everything that report contains. But for some however the Russia probe hysteria must continue. Its great for media profits as all sorts of what ifs, maybes and might-a-beens will make for great headlines. Someone is ready to flip on Trump any moment now someone is going to flip just you wait! Someone must have threatened Mueller. New York's A.G. will uncover the truth! Its all a big cover-up! Its a conspiracy I tell you!

meanwhile I got biatch slapped Friday in the stock market and we are quite possibly sliding into another recession.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 03-23-19 at 10:46 AM.
Old 03-23-19, 10:45 AM   #6858
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
I'm sure 25 plus million dollars of tax payer money well spent on this political boondoggle .
Manafort's assets were worth 40+ million dollars. The investigation is very much on the green.

Quote:
meanwhile we are quite possibly sliding into another recession.
And who you have to thank for that?
Old 03-23-19, 11:32 AM   #6859
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
Manafort's assets were worth 40+ million dollars. The investigation is very much on the green.
Are you for real? I (the taxpayer) will not see any of that either. Absolutely nothing is reimbursed to me the taxpayer which footed the bill of for this boondoggle to begin with. Also from what I've read most of those big numbers are not what he stole but what he hid from the IRS.

Quote:
And who you have to thank for that?
I know for some its the simple minded social media Neanderthal point of view that: It's Trump, No it was Obama, It was Democrats, No it was Bush, No Obama, It was Republicans, No it was Clinton. But be a good sport, why dont you enlighten us all with your expert knowledge and explain to us how recessions happen?

Last edited by Rockstar; 03-23-19 at 11:41 AM.
Old 03-23-19, 11:53 AM   #6860
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Are you for real? I (the taxpayer) will not see any of that either. Absolutely nothing is reimbursed to me the taxpayer which footed the bill of for this boondoggle to begin with.
No, you will not be given tax returns for it, but the money and assets are going to the DOJ that can use them in the future instead of tax payers money.

Quote:
But be a good sport, why dont you enlighten us all with your expert knowledge and explain to us how recessions happen?
I asked you, who you're blaming for it. (paraphrasing)
Old 03-23-19, 01:38 PM   #6861
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
No, you will not be given tax returns for it, but the money and assets are going to the DOJ that can use them in the future instead of tax payers money.
What in the world makes you think I enjoy being a martyr? That was my money they used for their own political gain. it which served nobody but the media and the politicians. I got the stinky end of the stick again.

Quote:
I asked you, who you're blaming for it. (paraphrasing)
The question is better asked 'what' causes recessions. I have a feeble understanding of some of the domestic causes. And in a global economy its quite possible one nation's economic down turn can have a ripple effect on others. Reputable economists around the world pretend to have the answers which are lengthy, full of economist jargon and sometimes contradictory. But I have yet to see any of the reputable ones mention its the fault of one person.

Social media warriors on the other hand love controversy as it jins up revenue. Media loves to point the finger at one person it makes it easy for the gullible masses to digest, and keeps them tuned in. Rather than get educated why it really happens. When you asked 'who is too blame' it appears to me you think there's one person to blame. Enlighten us then who do you think is too blame for recessions? And dont let the fact we aren't in one yet get in the way of your answer because you are the one who appears to think a person can be blamed.

Old 03-23-19, 02:17 PM   #6862
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

[QUOTE=Rockstar;2598778]I'm sure 25 plus million dollars of tax payer money well spent on this political boondoggle ...../QUOTE]

Kenneth Starr ring a bell?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starr_Report

http://edition.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/s...l.probe.costs/

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 03-23-19, 02:56 PM   #6863
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikalugin View Post
I wonder if Crimea would ever be recognised in the same way.

Not until Putin gives Trump the approval and order to do so...

<O>
Old 03-23-19, 03:32 PM   #6864
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

Downloads: 210

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
That is true indeed ("Er windet sich wie ein Wurm"). But even in German it is considered to be a bit unpolite to tell a stranger.

Neal's place - Neal's rules.

Freedom of speech does not mean you can cash into a private home and then insist the owners of it have to isten to what you have to say.

It means you can own the place and the time to exceute the right of free speech, if you wish. Rent a city hall, for a defined time, at your costs, and then say what you think you must. Or find a speakers corner in Hyde Park where the community has agreed to let this happen. Or found your own broadcasting station. Free speech does not give you claim for the private sphere and private property of others.

This is not "public space" - its a forum. Neal pays the bills, he defines the rules. He allows the public in, but it remains to be his "private property".

My home, my rules. His place, his rules. Simple. Who pays the bill, has the say.
How quaint ... a forum discussion listed as, "US Politics Thread" where no one discusses politics. All I read was insults which seems to be the form from so many in US politics. Then someone gets banned for being just like everyone else on the thread.

Definitely american politics.

Now actually speaking of politics I have felt that democracy plateaued half a century ago especially in the united states and is simply water-falling down the cliff of obscurity. While early on its flaws were not so apparent left unchecked those flaws have now grown into exactly what the founding fathers were trying to bury. As I mused on this one day I came across a very good article on the subject written by Roman Krznaric.

Very good article

Mercfulfate
将補
日本帝國海軍

Old 03-23-19, 03:51 PM   #6865
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikalugin View Post
I wonder if Crimea would ever be recognised in the same way.

The Ukrainians weren't shelling Russia from the Crimea so no.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online  
Old 03-23-19, 03:56 PM   #6866
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

[QUOTE=Buddahaid;2598840]
Quote:
I'm sure 25 plus million dollars of tax payer money well spent on this political boondoggle ...../QUOTE]

Kenneth Starr ring a bell?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starr_Report

http://edition.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/s...l.probe.costs/

If you remember I shared my thoughts that both the Mueller investigation AND the Starr investigation were political boondoggles and national embarrassments. Political farce at my expense.

Old 03-23-19, 04:02 PM   #6867
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
[...] Very good article
Yep.
"Nations bicker around international conference tables, focused on their near-term interests, while the planet burns and species disappear.
As the 24/7 news media pumps out the latest twist in the Brexit negotiations or obsesses over a throwaway comment from the US president, the myopia of modern democratic politics is all too obvious. So is there an antidote to this political presentism that pushes the interests of future generations permanently beyond the horizon?"

I don't know, but it makes you despair sometimes.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 03-23-19, 04:09 PM   #6868
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online  
Old 03-23-19, 04:52 PM   #6869
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

The system itself is in a deep crisis, all trust is rightfully lost. The onyl way to regain that is by transparency. Backroom deals and secret internal affairs not documented to the public will not help that. Trump, though not Trump alone, did his best to deepen this crisis, he coquets with it, its his business model and without it he would soon disappear, and he keeps the plebs hooting, and thats what counts nowadays.

While the usual routine seesm to be that such reprts are not beign made oublic, this routine was already broken in case of Hillary Clinton during the campaign, and it also is quesitonbable thatr it can be justfied that a documentation on how the very system itself may have been corrupoted, is kept secret. When transparency is needed as I claimed, then hiding Mueller's report from public or leave the decision to a secretary of justice who was appointed by the accused, is no wise option. But it may saupport the busines smodel of Trump as derscribed: to ever spill fuel into the fire and keep his part of the plebs hooting.

There is plenty of scorn and glee in A,mericna pollti8cs nowadays, and they seem to be the fundament of people'S sympoatjsiing with this or that camp.

Which means the whole system has already suffered irrepairable, criticla damage - becasue scorn and glee as reasons for poltical acting were not what the fundament of the Us was build on by the foundign fathers.

The present status of American politics dceserve just one thing: to spit on it. The English internal mess may display a hilarious ammount of stubborness and incometence - but the American example now just displays outright perosnal hositlity and malice - and scorn and glee.

Der Westen ist im Arsch. That simple it is. And with 8 billion people crawling around on Earth, the whole world is. The worse it gets, the more religious sociopaths and primitive hillbillies will gain control by simple violence and every more hooting, drowning the world in betrayal, fascist ideology of various faces, and terror.
Old 03-24-19, 06:14 AM   #6870
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
When transparency is needed as I claimed, then hiding Mueller's report from public or leave the decision to a secretary of justice who was appointed by the accused, is no wise option.
I'm sorry to tell you Sky, but that is just not how it works. William Barr, The Attorney General is under some strict guidelines on how he should proceed. He has promised to be as transparent as possible but there are limits. When unelected officials over step their authority there are usually consequences.

When then FBI Director James Comey made his now infamous July 5, 2016 announcement on the Hillary Clinton Email investigation he made that mistake.

Quote:
Although we did not find clear evidence that Secretary Clinton or her colleagues intended to violate laws governing the handling of classified information, there is evidence that they were extremely careless in their handling of very sensitive, highly classified information.
By making that statement Comey became accuser, judge and jury all at the same time. It should never have happened. If there was evidence to bring charges then he should have done that. If there wasn't then he should not have in anyway publicly accused her of wrongdoing. The consequences were an abuse of the legal system. The result was, combined with Comey's decision in October to reopen the investigation, a dramatic dip in the polls for Clinton. It also led to the eventual firing of Comey for his handling of the investigation.

Let's hope that AG Barr follows the the proper legal protocols in regards to Mueller's report.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter