SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-30-12, 07:47 AM   #1801
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi_2005 View Post
I don't know whether its worth downloading this High Resolution pack with my pc specs, might make it chug a bit

intel Xeon 5130 @2.00ghz (2 processors)
4gigs ram
GF 9800 GT 512 ram
Win 7 Ult 64bit
- and just for that little more speed . IOBit Game Boaster (from IOB Advance System Care program)
I just used the high res mods instead.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-12, 08:10 AM   #1802
kiwi_2005
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 223
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
I just used the high res mods instead.
Hi res mods... ok will look into it.

yea was just reading the specs for the hi resolution pack, my video cards ram is to low
Quote:
Experience The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim as you've never seen it before with the Skyrim High-Resolution Texture Pack. Make sure your system requirements exceed Skyrim's recommended specs before attempting to install, including Windows Vista or 7 operating system, a minimum of 4GB of system RAM and a DirectX 9.0c compatible NVIDIA or AMD ATI video card with at least 1 GB of RAM and the latest drivers.
Oh yea found this video on top 5 crazy mods . Me Gusta moon, Osama Bin Laden Giant

edit:
oh man now ive seen it all, a lightsaber and jedi robes mod. Nice but i don't think i wanna use it, will kill the game play for me.

Those who can't laugh at themselves leave the job to others.

Last edited by kiwi_2005; 06-30-12 at 08:37 AM.
kiwi_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-12, 09:47 AM   #1803
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

I use the Hi-Resolution pack and man my game looks gorgeous.
Takeda Shingen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-12, 01:32 PM   #1804
Arclight
Navy Seal

Location: Land of windmills, tulips, wooden shoes and cheese. Lots of cheese.
Downloads: 53
Uploads: 10

That it does, the muddy textures were the one real complaint I had initially. No reason to lock PC players to toybox texture quality.

I've been digging around for mods a bit, but as usual I can't really find anything that fits my demanding standards... so I did my own. Which I will shamelessly plug here, of course:

Quote:
Fixes:
- Skyforge steel dagger temperable
- Nord Hero bow temperable
- Scaled horn armor craftable & temperable
Changes:
- Nord Hero bow rebalanced to supple ancient Nord bow
- Silver weapons craftable & temperable
- Longbow and hunting bow craftable
Added:
- Composite bow
- Silver alloy ingot
- Silver alloy sword & greatsword
Notes:
- Steel smithing for silver
- Composite bow with steel smithing, Skyforge only
- Silver alloy smithing with Nord Hero smithing, Skyforge only

Started off just making a few bugfixes (Nord Hero bow and Skyforge dagger could not be improved, scaled horn armor neither craftable nor temperable) but it sort of snowballed into something more fleshed out. Addresses some perceived shortcomings and imbalance with a few select weapons, while adding some "new" ones to fill gaps.

Particularly, silver weapons are craftable and temperable, and the rough equivalent of a "Skyforge" version (+3 base damage) is added to extend their usefullness. In this case the fancy versions are actually a bit heavier though, since silver weapons have another inherent bonus: damage bonus against undead. Making them fairly heavy seemed like a good balance measure. Silver alloy weapons can be crafted at the Skyforge after completing the Companions quest line and make use of a new ingot, silver alloy (1 silver ore + 1 corundum ore). Normal silver weapons become craftable with steel smithing, and this perk also affects their tempering (the perk was altered to affect any weapon made of silver, its description was updated to reflect this in-game).

Something similar was done for bows: an improved version of the hunting bow. This composite bow can be crafted with steel smithing, but only at the Skyforge. The bow has +3 base damage, is slightly heavier but retains the draw speed of the hunting bow.

Since I'm no modeler, the added weapons share their models with the items they were based on.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...s/?id=79429970

Contritium praecedit superbia.
Arclight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-12, 06:18 PM   #1805
kiwi_2005
Eternal Patrol

nice one Arklight, they all wep / crafting mods i presume.

My mod soup is a bit of a mess & i have one or two wep mods already which i don't even notice ingame i just installed them cause they were popular at the time. Now coming back to the game ive forgotten whats what setup.

Tried out the SkyrimMoMod (monster mod) adds more creatures ingame, plenty of them to fight now while running round outside makes a HUGE difference when heading to quest destinations (avoiding fast travel) Its good as before i would get bored killing the odd pack of wolves that i would end up fast traveling. Not now tho its a fight all the way with different groups/single monsters. Good practice before skyrim's mmo comes out.

A mess and some need updating, no ctd.

Old 07-03-12, 08:25 PM   #1806
kiwi_2005
Eternal Patrol

My latest mods. I know this is old news but heres my list and anything ive missed - forget about the hi res my pc wont handle it. But ive add the hi res mod insane_HD_water and Superl3_ENB that makes the gameworld colorful, everything bright and hunky dory. Man how i missed this game its good to be back been playing all night last couple of nights.

Best mods:
The_Asteria. your home a floating ship in the sky
Enhanced_High-Level_Gameplay. mobs npcs now no longer stop lvling up to 35. No more killing trolls a push over.
Build your own home. yep build it!
monster wars - monsters all over the place - trekking through skyrim no longer a walk in the park.
Morrowloot. makes it harder to get good gear, tho i already have good gear so this is disabled till i start a new character
sabre cat mount.
Skyui. UI upgrade
Dialogue menu
- change the fonts/color
Wandering_Nazgul_Stay_off_the_Roads. - LOTR Nazgul wander round skyrim hunting you down, tho something not right i have met two of them and they are always walking with their horses following them?
JBS_trophy_hunting - play as a hunter/gatherer
WARZONES: Disabled. pc can't handle it. lol

Old 07-04-12, 08:47 AM   #1807
mengle
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 127
Default some of mine

mengle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-12, 05:08 PM   #1808
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168

frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-12, 05:21 PM   #1809
Iron Budokan
Sea Lord

Downloads: 32

Darn, I have been so busy I haven't had a chance to play Skyrim in more than a month. I really hope I can get back to this game soon.

http://kennethmarkhoover.com
Iron Budokan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-12, 06:42 PM   #1810
Arclight
Navy Seal

Location: Land of windmills, tulips, wooden shoes and cheese. Lots of cheese.
Downloads: 53
Uploads: 10

I recently did, hooked me right away again. Just trying to finish up all the quests that had been piling up... list doesn't seem to be getting any shorter really. And still so many locations I wandered by but never checked because I already had a ton of other stuff to do.

Contritium praecedit superbia.
Arclight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-12, 06:58 PM   #1811
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

God, I hate Falmer. They always kill my followers.
Takeda Shingen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-12, 12:28 AM   #1812
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeda Shingen View Post
I hate them more than just about anything.

My current character is in the low 50s and I have yet to explore my first Dwemer ruin. I expect it will be Alftand and then Blackreach in the MQ because I really, really don't like going in those places.
Old 07-07-12, 01:27 AM   #1813
reignofdeath
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by frau kaleun View Post
I hate them more than just about anything.

My current character is in the low 50s and I have yet to explore my first Dwemer ruin. I expect it will be Alftand and then Blackreach in the MQ because I really, really don't like going in those places.
Just dont do it. They suck. They hurt. You will cry yourself to sleep at night because theyre so hard. And the Falmer... its an infestation.
Old 07-07-12, 06:22 AM   #1814
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeda Shingen View Post
Give them better armour, and nanny-manage them. I have not lost a single follower.

Get them silenced boots, then sneak in dungeons only.

And I use a mod that delays my own levelling, and makes opponents level up beyond the intiial maximum limit!

On Falmers I mst say, I kill them like anything else: easy, and fast. Once you have a good bow and a reasonable archery skill, they are nothing. Give enchanted items to your followers that improve their damage-by-archery levels. Keep your followers always properly dressed, as if you were caring for our own figure's safety. I tend to give the best armour items to them first, not to myself. I imroove their armour at every opportunity by smiothing, too.

My gang is a running horror show for the country now, it is almost pointless to play even with only one follower anymore - one follower still is a whole army now. They all can kill everything with just one arrow now when in a sneakling stand, and even when standing and the target being alarmed, it'S chnaces to survive the first hit still is meager. My girls never fall to the ground and take some breath, no matter what's being thrown at them. We are freaking awesome, every fight is a brutal massacre that is over the moment it has begun!

The game has serious design problems at higher levels. Even with my mod that delays my own uplevelling and neutralises the level cap of enemies, fighting alone a whole gang now is just picking my nose.
Old 07-07-12, 09:58 AM   #1815
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNSRCaseySmith View Post
Just dont do it. They suck. They hurt. You will cry yourself to sleep at night because theyre so hard. And the Falmer... its an infestation.
Oh, I've been in Dwemer ruins and Falmer lairs before. MANY times. Probably most of them at least once. This character ain't my first time at the rodeo.

I just hate them that much. Even at level 54 with OPed armor and weapons and Muffle boots and 100 Sneak, when I know from experience that there isn't a Falmer in Skyrim I can't sneak up on and one-shot from a distance. I *still* shudder involuntarily when I consider the possibility of being anywhere near them. HATE HATE HATE them. IMO they are by far the creepiest thing in the whole game.