Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 08-27-07, 06:36 PM   #1
RolandB
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Hello

My name is Roland. I am a big fan of tank sims, for me it all started with iPanzer '44 back in the late 90's, ya its not that great of a game but it got me addicted to the genre, M1 tank platoon, Armored Fist etc, etc, Ive had em all.

Any how, I took a hiatus there for awhile and was cleaning out my desk and found Steel Beast, and decided to look to see if there was any updates for it and low and behold....I stumble upon Steel Beast Pro PE, after a week long inner struggle (not to mention the wifey!) I finaly hammered down the dough and picked it up last sunday, should arrive shortly

patches and updates aside, what downloads do you recommend I get first? I really like the Hi-Res packs, can you guys point me in the right direction on which one of these I should get first?

I also have access to a Saitek X52, is that too much stick for a tank sim? If so, what do you guys recomend, or is mouse and keyboard good enough. Its been awhile since I played, but I just injured my back and I am going to have surgery in a few weeks, so i got nothing but time to learn the ropes...

thanx!~

BTW-I registered at the steel Beast forums, but i cannot post anything because my account has not been activated? how long does it usally take? If it does get activated I will probly copy and post this intro over there as well, to get more feedback.

Old 08-28-07, 11:49 AM   #2
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Hi,there is a SBP ressources sticky thread that I keep updated. There you should find anything you want.
Old 08-28-07, 06:03 PM   #3
Heibges
Sea Lord

Downloads: 1

I like mapping all my control to the Joystick, but still using the mouse to lay the gun.

SB Pro PE rocks!
U.Kdt.Hdb B. I. 28) This possibility of using the hydrophone to help in detecting surface ships should, however, be restricted to those cases where the submarine is unavoidably compelled to stay below the surface.

http://www.hackworth.com/
Heibges is offline   Reply With Quote