SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

View Poll Results: How fast you want the Cloud's to move in the Sky
I like them the way they are 96 20.43%
I want them a Little Slower 94 20.00%
I want them a Lot Slower 157 33.40%
Please give us Optional Install's 142 30.21%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 470. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-21-07, 01:14 PM   #46
tater
Navy Seal

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 2

OK, want to know if this is justr and engine limitation.

I look at the ships, and I see smoke. I moved the scope 360, and when I come back, I see disconnected smoke higher up, and new smoke coming out the stacks. Does the engine stop rendering new smoke when outside my FOV, but keeps track of what is there, then when I come back it's "torn?"

tater
tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-07, 01:17 PM   #47
thefretmaster
Officer

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Shark Bait
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk
Quote:
Can't wait to get off work and load this puppy up!!! Speaking of work ... you guys did incorporate the "Worker's Comp" and "Larry H Parker" mods so we can all take the rest of the month off right?!!!
Yes, Leo implemented the "I have an eye problem today and do not see myself coming into work" file.
:hmm: , maybe i can use that as an excuse to not go into work tonight

edit: thefretmaster, don't you mean less opaque? cuz if to weren't you wouldn't be able to see the bottom in shallow water
lol yeh sorry bout that, man sometimes i wonder if taking english language was the best choice!
Old 09-21-07, 01:17 PM   #48
Canonicus
XO

Downloads: 623
Uploads: 7

This is just fantastic!

...If the seafoam was the only upgrade offered...It would still be worth it's weight in gold!..Love the oil slicks and fires too!

But....What's with all the WAV files in the SFX folder....
I already have most of those sounds running.....

Wasn't that file supposed to have the crewman flying and screaming mod too?

Did I miss something?
Canonicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-07, 01:21 PM   #49
Vorkapitan
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 1367

Me thinks this is almost better than SEX....Let me think about it!

GREAT JOB FELLAS...BETTER THAN GREAT.

Joe
Vorkapitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-07, 01:26 PM   #50
l3th4l
Planesman

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tater

I look at the ships, and I see smoke. I moved the scope 360, and when I come back, I see disconnected smoke higher up, and new smoke coming out the stacks. Does the engine stop rendering new smoke when outside my FOV, but keeps track of what is there, then when I come back it's "torn?"

tater
part of the optimization and it can be turned off. The responsible parameter is "NoActionMatureOutOfFrustum" or very similar. look through the particles.dat via s3d and you'll find it inside the properties node of particle generators.

this is the second time someone asked for it and i guess i'll try turning it off by default for the beta. i erred (SP??) on the side of caution whenever possible concerning fps.
l3th4l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-07, 01:43 PM   #51
tater
Navy Seal

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 2

Oh! I saw that in the other thread and spaced it.

What about akitsu and the rudder?

tater
tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-07, 01:50 PM   #52
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Gotta have a look at the REL version, woot!

BTW, since you altered dats for ships:

1. Did you include the Akitsu Maru Rudder fix that Jace11 did? Otherwise the rudder is like 30m from the ship.

2. This conflicts with the smaller seaweed mod by CC, is that included?

Now to test and answer at least one of these questions myself

tater
Tater, I do not know if Leo did but with your mod and talents already out there, added bonus material and working together is what it is all about. Leo is always up for getting things as best as they can be. This is the alpha version, out there for all to see how it is progressing. Sooner or later with the mods and modder talent out there, this can be a mod super pack! Contact him via PM!
Old 09-21-07, 01:53 PM   #53
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3th4l
Quote:

tater
part of the optimization and it can be turned off. The responsible parameter is "NoActionMatureOutOfFrustum" or very similar. look through the particles.dat via s3d and you'll find it inside the properties node of particle generators.

this is the second time someone asked for it and i guess i'll try turning it off by default for the beta. i erred (SP??) on the side of caution whenever possible concerning fps.
I had noticed this but it is not a big deal to me. At least I see smoke now and see it on the horizon. I never had it without this mod. Not really a big issue for me. I love the new smoke coming from the stacks. Keep that smoke
Old 09-21-07, 01:56 PM   #54
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Wasn't that file supposed to have the crewman flying and screaming mod too?
I have heard the screaming in the test mods. I believe it should be in there. This is the alpha version and not complete. Basically getting the community in on it as it is in a good state of completion to do so and Leo did not want to hold it back from the community. Beta to follow with tweaks and fixes as need, also new content.
Old 09-21-07, 02:17 PM   #55
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Just counted 3 ( 1-2 posts ) newer members getting this, shows that stuff like this will attract new players, nice

By the way, Welcome to SUBSIM Kongio, tenakakhan_1981 & subcoj

RDP

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-07, 02:22 PM   #56
ReDRuM71
Mate

Downloads: 18

Will you PLEASE stop talking about how great this mod is!!!! Its getting old!!!
I am stuck at work and cant take it anymore!! J/K

I have already downloaded the mod onto my keychain flash drive so as soon as I walk into my house I can fire it up.
Thank you in advance to ALL that have had a hand in this project. If there is a place to donate a few $, please point me in the right direction. I (and I imagine others here do as well) feel that the fruits of your labor should be rewarded.
Old 09-21-07, 02:43 PM   #57
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default Okay I am up and running had the power shut off

to get a new upgrade in power for the house so had to wait to get on line guys!

Yes the sound effect is there for the screaming guys one the ships and life boats for explosions and collisions.

I added the other sound effect's because AVGWarhawk said it is part of the environment and he didn't have most of the sounds in the begining so I took his advice and added them to the mod last night.

As to the fog issue the setting's that were in the scene file for the fog was part of the fog settings for one of the visability increase mod's and were settings that had been there since LBO was released so it is nothing new.

As to why I changed the Horizon max is because I got a better blending of the land in views when it came to sun sets and rises and also with the moon which created a nice fog effect instead of flickering land masses.

I hope that answers some of the questions posed here!

But I did forget the zone file and will post a quick download for that ASAP so please hang on
leovampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-07, 02:51 PM   #58
mrbeast
Ace of the Deep

Brilliant mod guys been playing with this all day. First thing I did today was download this! Excellent work on the environment colours and reflections they seem much more fluid and vivid, really natural. Love the burning oil slicks too something that was strangly absent until now.

The only thing that I can see might need a touch more work is the smoke from fires. I used to use Slow Smoke mod and that would build up really tall big black columns of smoke that hung in the air for quite a while so I would say more and higher smoke and also I think it would look better darker it looks a little flat grey at the moment. But these are two minor issues and just my opinion, seeing as its an Alpha release at the moment I think a little feed back is always useful.

Cheers guys this Mod is a 'must have' classic!!..... And now..... I shall go crazy with smilies:
Old 09-21-07, 02:57 PM   #59
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default thanks mrbeast

I will work on the smoke end some today to see about getting it darker but I matched up all the smoke effect's in the game to the vs3 settings of slow smoke for wind coef so the problem isn't there. Because of the extra graffics I eased off on the amount of smoke because once multiple ships are burning with the extra reflections on the water it starts to cause a major slow down on lower end PC specs so I had to make a comprimise there.

PS when I tryed to compress the files using winrar and winzip I couldn't get them as small as I needed to tell the truth so I went with the new program Kriller2 sugested as it was just easier for me in the long run seeing I was such a dead line to get this out and I was tired as hell heance the missed zone's file to be included.

I just asked Wernersab if I can use his zone's file to all the new effect's we created in it for everyone to use so as soon as I get a reply from him I will get a file out to everyone for it to download!
leovampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-07, 03:15 PM   #60
mrbeast
Ace of the Deep

Perhaps something to do as an add on option (if its possible)..... bigger smoke for higher end machines and stock ROW smoke for slower systems?

Just a side note, but Ive been running all of the components of this mod to see what impact it would have and I have to say at the moment there has been very little slow down on my system, minimal in fact, compared to what I was running before. So hats off to you there Leo!