SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-12-18, 11:36 PM   #1
Mspot
Bosun

Downloads: 57
Uploads: 0
Default 1.15g hang-up/glitch?

I read the threads regarding version conflicts and errors upgrading through the various versions of 1.15. I had 1.15d and had no conflicts nor errors. I followed suit after recently receiving the 'g' update. I received many of the same error messages and screens. I then proceeded to re-verify the files, and deleted saved campaigns -- with two saved campaigns in 1984 remaining, and one campaign in 1968 remaining (I tested the three campaigns I had saved in the SCS 2000-campaign with the Seawolf, LA-FltII, and LA-FltIII. They worked, to my surprised and delight, so I continued the Seawolf campaign). Two days later, I decide to resume the SCS 2000-campaign with the Seawolf and I get the below screen. Oy!

***Begin Edit***
My bad: I inadvertently tried loading a saved campaign from the 2004-campaign. D'oh!
***End Edit***
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ColdWaters_ScreenShot3.jpg (20.6 KB, 84 views)
Then out spoke brave Horatius, the Captain of the Gate: to every man upon this earth death come soon or late. And how can man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his gods.
Mspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-18, 08:23 AM   #2
CDR DPH
Helmsman

Downloads: 18

That's an easy error to correct, just copy an awards.txt to the location specified in the error msg.

I believe 1.15g changed the location of this text file to within the campaign directories themselves - possibly to make it easier for mods to award customized medals going forward.
CDR DPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-18, 07:57 PM   #3
Killerfish Games
Cold Waters Developer

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDR DPH View Post
I believe 1.15g changed the location of this text file to within the campaign directories themselves - possibly to make it easier for mods to award customized medals going forward.
That is correct.
Old 08-21-18, 07:28 PM   #4
La vache
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 193

It's easy to add RU awards.

They are not displayed in the overview. How can I change this?

Old 08-21-18, 08:21 PM   #5
Killerfish Games
Cold Waters Developer

Downloads: 0

Changing the filename in the event file works as intended. But the file names for images used in the medal case are defined in the Awards.txt file: PatrolAwards=event_award_bronze_star,event_award_s ilver_star,event_award_navy_cross,event_award_meda l_of_honor

All we do is chop off the "event_award_" to generate the image file name when generating the medals case hence they get out of sync in the modded campaigns. So to fix this you would need to rename the event files themselves and rename the corresponding appropriate events in the campaigndata.txt as well as in the Awards.txt files.

Old 08-22-18, 07:34 AM   #6
La vache
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 193

Thank you Killerfish Games
I changed the files, it works great.

Old 08-27-18, 03:36 PM   #7
HollandDragon
Nub

Downloads: 3

I have the same problem, only if i look in the campaign map so ....default/campaign005/awards.txt
There is no campaig005 only 1 2 and 3
HollandDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-18, 04:01 PM   #8
Mspot
Bosun

Downloads: 57

That is most likely because you have not downloaded/installed the 2004 campaign -- or another mod. If I am not mistaken, the "1,2,3" you refer are the three default campaigns in the Default set of campaigns for the game: 1968, 1984, and SCS-2000.

Copying the awards.txt file to 04 and 05 campaigns solved my starting/resuming 2004-campaign issues. Thank you!
Then out spoke brave Horatius, the Captain of the Gate: to every man upon this earth death come soon or late. And how can man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his gods.
Mspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-18, 02:41 PM   #9
HollandDragon
Nub

Downloads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mspot View Post
That is most likely because you have not downloaded/installed the 2004 campaign -- or another mod. If I am not mistaken, the "1,2,3" you refer are the three default campaigns in the Default set of campaigns for the game: 1968, 1984, and SCS-2000.

Copying the awards.txt file to 04 and 05 campaigns solved my starting/resuming 2004-campaign issues. Thank you!
Well.... I have downloaded the 2004 campaign mod.

Edit: It seemed that for some weird reason i had 2 Cold waters map on my computer.

Last edited by HollandDragon; 08-30-18 at 12:16 PM.
HollandDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-18, 10:52 AM   #10
Wiz33
Navy Dude

Downloads: 23

Sometimes you have to give time to the mod designer to catch up.
Wiz33 is offline   Reply With Quote