Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-22-18, 08:13 AM   #1
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4
Default Technical questions about SH5+mods and TDW Generic Patcher

>>>Not a Steam user, all files from DVD + special files<<<

Before asking my 2 questions, I have to introduce the problem fist, thanks for your patience...

First I want to say that installing SH5 + updating to 1.2.0 and installing TWoS works fine for me and I play it most in my spare time, and without any flaws.

It happens that I have made a guide about changing date in your savegames and changing ports, and I also research a basic game configuration that plays without TWoS, but loading Open Horizons II v.2.5 as a main campaign addition the Tonnage Bar system still in place.

After installing the following mods I can indeed start and play the game, but some CTDs in special situations remain relating to campaign transfers.

My modlist:
FX_Update_0_0_22_ByTheDarkWraith
Torpedo Circle FIX (2 main torpedo config files taken from TWoS to make torpedos work like in this mod)
Accurate German Flags
DeckGun Friendly Waves
No_Damn_Bubbles_No_Damn_Halo_Mod_ADJUSTED
Shooting Range - Single mission
OPEN HORIZONS II v2.5
OH II v2.5 Grid Request fix Patch SH5 (This will re-enable Patrolling Grids as secondary mission in campaign)

CTD when...
When I change my date in the bunker to be e.g. May 31 1940 (I could also use the mod 'Change Days in Bunker'), I expect to go out at sea and soon (after midnight to June 1st 1940) getting the Campaign Transfer window explaining how the war goes and bla bla...until i am thrown in the Campaign Chapter screen again to chose the next unlocked chapter. But no, my game will simply CTD after passing midnight to June 1st. The CTD happens wether I install TDW Generic Patcher or not.
Big question now is: Will it also CTD if I play through the campaign without changing the date to speed up things...? If you play a similar modlist above , or if you find my modlist worth to go trashbin, then I really will appreciate your feedback !

Now my technical questions are:

a) TDW Generic Patcher:

The sticky posts have excellent tutorials about installing this one, I surely have followed the instructions, but I'm astonished that all TDW patch settings are DEACTIVATED after you quit the install. Is this normal? Is there something that must be activated for my modlist above?
What would happen in-game exactly if I skip completly the install of TDW patcher? I would just update game to 1.2.0 and install the modlist above straight away. Would the game be unplayable really?
Can I simply take the TDW patcher files from TWoS for a standalone TDW install (the installation is easier) ?

b) Open Horizons II v.2.5:

Are the CTDs above caused by this mod? If you are playing OH2 without TWoS thanks very much to feedback here!! Despite of my 'special files' used for game installation which should bypass U-Play or the old Ubisoft Game Launcher - the campaign transfer in OH2 doesn't work, I have solid information that this should not happen with my 'special file' that has changed SH5.exe. Indeed, with TWoS the transfer works fine, but then in TWoS campaign missions are date-controlled without tonnage bar and has also hugely been improved since OH2, so it's probably bad to compare it.

Thanks to put light in these 2 questions !

Last edited by XenonSurf; 07-22-18 at 09:14 AM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-18, 01:23 PM   #2
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Ok, I have found the culprit of the CTDs. It's not my game files, it's Trevally's mod 'Change days in bunker'. It's terribly difficult to find things in these forums, but I managed it. Here 's what Trevally says:

--------------

If you are using this mod with high days in port and using OHII - you must be carefull at the end of campaigns.
If you do not achieve all the points and the campaign is forced to end by date - having this set higher than 14 days may cause you to be unable to select the next campaign as the date has passed.

--------------

He didn't say that game would CTD, but I wonder if this situation is the cause of it if I go out of port 1 day before campaign ends.

Last edited by XenonSurf; 07-22-18 at 02:53 PM.
Old 07-22-18, 02:55 PM   #3
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Because in OH2 not everything is date-controlled, but also point-controlled due to the Progress Bar system, I wonder if OH2 takes in account mods like the above Change Days In Bunker. Has anyone had game crashes because of it?

Thanks,