SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion > Jutland
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-21-09, 05:10 PM   #1
ExMachina
Sailor man

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Future Improvments?

Does anybody know if there are going to be any more version updates?

I really like DG but I generally dislike the command/control interface. It's the one aspect of the game that is keeping me from buying as I just cannot see how it will work well in large fleet actions. If SES would enhance the minimap interface, I think that would easily put DG (and Jutland) over into my "buy" category...

not hatin', just sayin'
ExMachina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-09, 05:04 AM   #2
alexsmith
Loader

What do you mean by "minimap interface"? In DG 1.5 SES implemented changing course right on minimap - just like in Jutland - which is very usefull as the waypoint tool also. Althouth large fleets (consisting of several divisions) are still hard to manage - to achive predictable results you probably have to direct each division separetely. For me most anoying thing is camera control - which is may be easily improved by implementing predefined "views" (just like in fly simulators).

I also would like to know about future plans of developers. No doubt everybody here would
alexsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-09, 08:24 AM   #3
ExMachina
Sailor man

At least some minimap controls (group select, zoom/pan) either aren't there or theywork very slowly.

Personally, I still am finding the 3D interface to be clunky and imagine that it only gets more unwieldy when more ships are involved (though I'm sure you can get used to it)

I think that naval warfare lends itself better than any other wargame type to a 2D command & control interface.
ExMachina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-09, 10:03 AM   #4
alexsmith
Loader

As for me - I would completely rebuild DG's interface from scratch - I find it very awkward. All those flyouts - sticky and nasty

I think minimap management suits for targeting whole fleet and making strategic moves while 3D view is involved during in-battle manoeuvers.
alexsmith is offline   Reply With Quote