Click here to access the Helosim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Helosim.com and Flight Sims

Old 10-04-13, 07:10 AM   #1
Minoslas
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0
Default DCS: L-39 Albatros Jet Team

L-39 update

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?...&postcount=370
Quote:
*Quick Update*

A lot of work has been going on lately, but I don't always find the time to update this thread with everything I would want to say.

Collision Model

The collision model was recreated from scratch with animation and visibility arguments and was tied to the damage list.

Each section you see here will affect the flight model should damage or loss occur to the piece. If the right wing is lost, a quick left roll will begin due to asymmetric lift. If the horizontal tail is lost, pitch control will be lost and the aircraft may pitch violently up or down. If the vertical tail lost, directional control is lost. Each piece, even individual gear or wingtip tanks, cause their own drag. Losing a canopy will affect flight control and cause massive drag increases.

Random Failures

Work has begun on simulating random failures. While I have an idea how I want these to work, I won't go into details, yet. However, I know that I would like you guys to have more control over which types of failures you are likely to see during your training or combat flights. Because the L-39 is a trainer aircraft, it seemed fitting to allow more control of these settings. While the instructor pilot in the rear seat will be able to fail instruments and electrical systems manually, some things like mechanical, hydraulic, and engine failures cannot be simulated.

Failures only occur when the Random System Failures option is set on in the MISC options menu. While each individual pilot sets these options for their own flights, they are also saved to tracks and missions and forced on clients to ensure fair play and robust tracks.

Sliders for failure rates will operate as follows:

0% = No chance of occurring
1% = (1/100)X of Normal Rate
50% = Normal Rate
100% = 100X Normal Rate

Here is a snapshot of the current options menu:

As you can see, you can choose whether to include a rear seat pilot or not. While this will show a physical model of the rear pilot, it will also add 80kg to your weight. This option may go away when multi-seat capability is possible in multiplayer.

New Wingtip Options and Other Visual Options

Let's face it! Not every L-39 is created equal. There are so many variations even within the C civilian model, with some owners modifying their aircraft to reduce their weight by that last ounce, or squeeze a little more top speed out of the jet by changing wingtip types.

We have new wingtip types that can be set by the skin creator in the description lua file through arguments. These changes are not only visual, but also affect the weight and drag of the aircraft, even improving roll rate in some cases.

Options the skin creator has available:
L-39 Variant (C or ZA) This option is included in the skin creation as our C and ZA model share the same model and certain features are activated by this argument
Civilian Variant (Civilian, Aerobatic, Racer) C model can choose performance with this argument
Wingtip Type: Tanks, Sculpted, Curved Winglet, Double Winglet (Changing to another wingtip type will improve speed by about 25 km/h and lowers weight on the tips of the wing by 32 kg)
Rear Seat (Turning off the rear seat will make it visually disappear, but it will also save 85kg of weight)

Currently, we are only showing the sculpted wingtips:

There is a lot more development not mentioned here, but I thought this would keep you guys up to date.

-------------------------
Commander 21squad Harpoon International Community site
http://www.21squad.com
Minoslas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 06:00 AM   #2
Minoslas
Grey Wolf

interesting update L-39 Albatros team, and the Advanced Turbofan Engine Model (ATEM).

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?...&postcount=398
Quote:
Time for a new year's update on the L-39. Work has been continuing, even without status updates to this topic, so no need to worry about this project being on hold.

Hydraulic System Implemented
Main and Emergency Hydraulic Circuits
Main Hydraulic Pump Pressurization from engine bleed air
Interconnect Valving and logic
Hydraulic pressure consumers: Gear, Gear Doors, Flaps, Ram Air Turbine, Wheel brakes, Speed brakes (main system only)
Emergency Extension Levers for Gear, Flaps, and Ram Air Turbine
Emergency Brake Lever

Miscellaneous
Random failures code was started, but has been put on hold for now
Fixed several major bugs (for ex: Engine would shut off during air starts)

Advanced Flight Model
Tweaks to Yaw Stability and Rudder Effectiveness

Advanced Turbofan Engine Model
I began work on this new fully dynamic engine model back in October, but it has not been implemented into the simulator at this point, so many things are still subject to change. However, I thought I would pass along some details about the planned features of this new turbofan engine model for the L-39. So far, I have written the entire engine model into a standalone program that runs at the same frequency as the DCS flight model and reads my throttle inputs in real time to simulate realistic dynamic conditions. I also view the output of the engine conditions in real time in several performance graphs.
Improved Thermodynamic Model that accounts for enthalpy changes across each subsection of the engine given inefficiencies and current dynamic conditions
Inertial Twin Spool Rotor Modeling
Aerodynamic blade drag for each compressor/turbine stage
Fuel Governor with a simple control algorithm to maintain sufficient fuel pressure at varying altitudes and airspeeds
Compressor/Turbine Efficiency Curves based on airflow and rotor speed
Two Anti-Surge Bleed Valves affect performance of the engine in the specified ranges for the L-39
Combustion efficiency dependent on Fuel/Air ratio
Air-starter Modeling of initial engine spool up
Light-off produces correct RPM acceleration and combustion allows for self-sustaining idle conditions
etc.

An example output from a slam acceleration/deceleration test in an early version of engine and fuel controller.

Old 07-17-14, 02:47 AM   #3
Minoslas
Grey Wolf

edit: L-39 EDGE pics removed by Albatros team requeriment.

Last edited by Minoslas; 07-17-14 at 10:26 AM.
Old 09-08-14, 03:42 AM   #4
Minoslas
Grey Wolf

Patriot team cancelled L-39 project
http://www.dcs-l39.com/
Quote:
3RD PARTY MODULE FOR DCS: WORLD

The Virtual Patriots LLC regretfully announce that our planned 3rd Party Licensed module, the L-39 for DCS World, has been cancelled.

Although the development progress was significant and our personal investment into the product over the past 28 months was very high, Eagle Dynamics' unexpected announcement for the imminent release of their own L-39 simulation under the DCS name has made our 3rd Party Licensed product redundant and additionally, unmarketable.

Throughout the development process, we have been very proud of our work and the potential product we planned to deliver to flight simmers. We have always been confident in our ability to produce the high quality work expected of a modern flight simulation, but due to unfavorable conditions and a lack of expected professional support, our position was made untenable.