SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-02-11, 12:32 PM   #106
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by zidon View Post
Hmmm what is wrong with my Open Horizons ??
my mods:
New UI
real environment rev3
imrpoved waves+pitch
free cam tweak
Open horizons2 full v 1.5
TDW mines subnets
... ??
What is your pc specs?
Have you updated you drivers etc
If using 32bit - have you enabled the 3gig switch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtPotato View Post
My game crashed to desktop when the torpedo was about to hit Royal Oak at the right moment in Scapa Flow. Any idea why?
Are you sure it was the Royal Oak?
What version of OHII are you using?
Are you using ful, base, ships or enviro?
What mods are you using and in what order?
What is your PC specs?
What TC were you at?
Old 12-02-11, 01:28 PM   #107
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Please see post 1 for new patch3

Remove patch2 and install patch3 when in the bunker.

Patch3 adds the improved buoys from Uekel.

Thanks Uekel for your work towards improving this game
Old 12-02-11, 03:24 PM   #108
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Please see post 1 for Patch3b

@ the 17 users who downloaded the patch3 - sorry I have made an error with that patch, can you replace it with patch3b
Old 12-03-11, 02:37 AM   #109
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post
Please see post 1 for Patch3b

@ the 17 users who downloaded the patch3 - sorry I have made an error with that patch, can you replace it with patch3b
Fabulous work with these new buoys
Thanks to both of you for taking this mod to an even more stunning level.

BTW - the 3b Patch runs fine.

Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-11, 06:39 AM   #110
Kretschmer the IV
Navy Dude

Downloads: 72

HI,

i gotta weird issue. When finishing the mission for reinforcements route in NW England (before 1.april 1940) i have to go to bunker and wait until passing 1. April for Narvik missions to appear. When i check the mission and i say, im ready for deploy, it warps me 2 weeks to the future and the Narvik missions are over Instead i have to go to the west entrace of the canal.
Kretschmer the IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-11, 06:59 AM   #111
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kretschmer the IV View Post
HI,

i gotta weird issue. When finishing the mission for reinforcements route in NW England (before 1.april 1940) i have to go to bunker and wait until passing 1. April for Narvik missions to appear. When i check the mission and i say, im ready for deploy, it warps me 2 weeks to the future and the Narvik missions are over Instead i have to go to the west entrace of the canal.
Yes - when you click "lets go on patrol" - 14days will pass before you get onboard.

Operation Weserübung - is a time restricted objective and you should have been told by radio message well in advance to head to Norway waters and wait for new orders.

Are you using TDWs UI? - Did you get the radio message?

See here from post one about campaign objectives.

Campaign Progress
Within each campiagn (i.e. coastal Waters) there are main objectives to achieve. These will be things like "sink 50,000 tonnes of coastal shipping". As you achieve this tonnage a progress bar will fill so you can keep track of your progress. When the bar is full, you have achieved the objective and will be awarded crosses to fill your campaign bar.
Most of these objectives a time/date related and if you fail to fill the progress bar within that time - you will fail the objective.

Failing the objective will not stop your campaign. You may have some blocked objectives or even blocked campaigns as a result, but your career will continue.

If you finish an objective within the time frame given - you may not get a new one untill a later date. When this happens, you should go out and patrol anywhere you like, hunting any ship you like. this is a good time to test your skills by trying some harbour raids etc.
When the time comes for a new objective, you will be sent a radio message informing you that new objectives are ready. You do not need to return to port and select it. You can just go and start the new objective from where you are. You DO NOT EVER need to select an objective from the main briefing map.

When you do select an objective from the main briefing map, you will also be given a secondary mission. This will be thing like "Drop of supplies at area X" see here for an example When you achieve these secondary missions, you will be rewarded with extra renown points that you can use to upgrade your u-boat. If you do not do these secondary missions - there is no penalty.
Old 12-03-11, 07:53 AM   #112
7thSeal
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 199

Quote:
I was one of the 17, I'll inform my crew that we're headed back to the bunker for an update. That should lift their spirits a bit.

Thanks Trevally for the update.
7thSeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-11, 09:20 AM   #113
Kretschmer the IV
Navy Dude

Downloads: 72

Quote:
Yes - when you click "lets go on patrol" - 14days will pass before you get onboard.

Operation Weserübung - is a time restricted objective and you should have been told by radio message well in advance to head to Norway waters and wait for new orders.

Are you using TDWs UI? - Did you get the radio message?

See here from post one about campaign objectives.

Campaign Progress
Within each campiagn (i.e. coastal Waters) there are main objectives to achieve. These will be things like "sink 50,000 tonnes of coastal shipping". As you achieve this tonnage a progress bar will fill so you can keep track of your progress. When the bar is full, you have achieved the objective and will be awarded crosses to fill your campaign bar.
Most of these objectives a time/date related and if you fail to fill the progress bar within that time - you will fail the objective.

Failing the objective will not stop your campaign. You may have some blocked objectives or even blocked campaigns as a result, but your career will continue.

If you finish an objective within the time frame given - you may not get a new one untill a later date. When this happens, you should go out and patrol anywhere you like, hunting any ship you like. this is a good time to test your skills by trying some harbour raids etc.
When the time comes for a new objective, you will be sent a radio message informing you that new objectives are ready. You do not need to return to port and select it. You can just go and start the new objective from where you are. You DO NOT EVER need to select an objective from the main briefing map.

When you do select an objective from the main briefing map, you will also be given a secondary mission. This will be thing like "Drop of supplies at area X" see here for an example When you achieve these secondary missions, you will be rewarded with extra renown points that you can use to upgrade your u-boat. If you do not do these secondary missions - there is no penalty.
Thanks! Yes i use it. I thought those radio messages are just static for some kind of atmosphere
Kretschmer the IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-11, 10:34 AM   #114
uekel
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 2

Quote:
HI,

The problem occurs because we choose the missions on the day when we return to the port, and THEN enter the refit time (standard 14 days). It is one of the game bugs.

Maybe someone can change it?
uekel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-11, 01:53 AM   #115
haegemon
Medic

Downloads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by uekel View Post
The problem occurs because we choose the missions on the day when we return to the port, and THEN enter the refit time (standard 14 days). It is one of the game bugs.

Maybe someone can change it?

That's not a bug, is the refit time before being able to sail again. Standar issue.
haegemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-11, 02:30 AM   #116
uekel
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegemon View Post
That's not a bug, is the refit time before being able to sail again. Standar issue.
The refit time itself is not the problem (I´ve set it in my game to24 days).

The problem is the order:

1. choose a mission - only there, for exactly this date are available

2. refit time

(exception is the first mission of the campaign)

It should be reversed! After refit time, maybe others are available.
Just when such time-critical missions like "Weserübung" an problem.

Last edited by uekel; 12-04-11 at 03:27 AM.
Old 12-04-11, 05:02 AM   #117
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Quote:
Thanks! Yes i use it. I thought those radio messages are just static for some kind of atmosphere

You need to watch out for the red and blue messages, they are directed at you
Old 12-04-11, 05:05 AM   #118
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Quote:
The refit time itself is not the problem (I´ve set it in my game to24 days).

The problem is the order:

1. choose a mission - only there, for exactly this date are available

2. refit time

(exception is the first mission of the campaign)

It should be reversed! After refit time, maybe others are available.
Just when such time-critical missions like "Weserübung" an problem.
Yes - this is the reason for the problems with short missions. A very annoying, not bug but perhaps oversight.
Old 12-04-11, 06:02 AM   #119
uekel
Seasoned Skipper

Hi Trevally!
Quote:
Yes - this is the reason for the problems with short missions. A very annoying, not bug but perhaps oversight.
Would be nice if you can find anything to fix it.
But.... I think it is a problem of the game itself, not of the campaign.
On the other hand, the traffic is going anyway and the radio commands make it also true to life.
Old 12-04-11, 06:11 AM   #120
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Quote:
Hi Trevally!

Would be nice if you can find anything to fix it.
But.... I think it is a problem of the game itself, not of the campaign.
On the other hand, the traffic is going anyway and the radio commands make it also true to life.
I am sure (would need to check) that when you dock at your base, the game saves.
Perhaps a script could be written that when you appear in the bunker, the save game file is read and then the campaign date could be adjusted at this point (+24days etc). This could also bring up a page where you patrol history (medals) could be viewed.
Then when you click "let go on patrol" the game is set to advance only one day

Tags
awesome, campaign, graf zeppelin, harbour, new bases, new ships, ohii