SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop > SH4 Mission Designers' Forum
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-18-16, 10:49 AM   #1
rjord
Watch

Downloads: 82
Uploads: 0
Default Creating 188 missions for SH4

I have started creating the first of many historical missions for Silent hunter 4 using historical data going back to May 36.

However as the editor starts from 1938 the 188 missions from 29 Jul 1938 with Lt. Roland F. Pryce in command of the S-38 (SS-143).

Using the spreadsheet put together from various sources and sorting by the dates of command I am using this along with U.S. WW II Submarine War Patrol Reports (http://www.maritime.org/doc/subreports.htm )to plan each mission.

Details on each war report are enough to recreate the missions with details on course being taken, damage sustained, enemy encounters and so on.

The 188 missions mentioned in the topic header is the minimum as there are more missions likely as many of the reports from the sub commanders had between 2 and 7 war patrols on record.... meaning a lot more missions.

If the war report mentions that the sub was attacked by destroyers or aircraft then these will be added to the mission at given position.

For the missions I am using the microfilm records to create a mission sheet which documents actions the commander must take such as training missions , rescues etc.

Doing some testing and will report back here with more posts as this progresses.

Last edited by rjord; 06-18-16 at 02:52 PM.
rjord is offline   Reply With Quote