SUBSIM®  Radio Room Forums


SUBSIM: The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM® Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2018, 03:14 PM   #1
3catcircus
Loader
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 85
Downloads: 199
Uploads: 0
Default Help Getting my Stealth Meter Back

So,


I've got H.sie and Stiebler mods installed, but don't really care about the weather meter.



I'm using MaGUI F and I'd like to get back the little square stealth meter as opposed to the cloud-shaped meter introduced by Stiebler's mod.


Any idea how I can go about doing that?
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 03:43 PM   #2
ArnoldR
Mate
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 60
Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post
So,


I've got H.sie and Stiebler mods installed, but don't really care about the weather meter.



I'm using MaGUI F and I'd like to get back the little square stealth meter as opposed to the cloud-shaped meter introduced by Stiebler's mod.


Any idea how I can go about doing that?
I think I can help you!

In the menu_1024_768.ini, search for

[G3F I139]
Name=Stealthmeter

And replace all the lines by:

[G3F I139]
Name=Stealthmeter
Type=1026;Menu group
ItemID=0x3F380000
ParentID=0x3F120000
Pos=533,-36,141,24
Color=0xFFFFFFFF

[G3F I140]
Name=Contour
Type=1030;Static bmp
ItemID=0x3F380006
ParentID=0x3F380000
Pos=7,-3,128,19
Color=0xC8C8C8C8
Materials=1
Display=0;No stretch
Mat 0=data/menu/gui/layout/dialsfdb.tga
Crop 0=0.25,0.925781,1,1
MatFlags=0x29
TexFmt=0x9

[G3F I141]
Name=1000 min - lowest
Type=1031;Stat bmp array
ItemID=0x3F380001
ParentID=0x3F380000
Pos=7,-3,128,19
Color=0x557F2164
Materials=1
Display=0;No stretch
Mat 0=data/menu/gui/layout/dialsfdb.tga
Crop 0=0,0.925781,1,1
MatFlags=0x29
TexFmt=0x9
Drag=false
BmpState=1
NeedFocus=true
SelOne=false
IdGroup=0
StatesColors=0xFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFFFF

[G3F I142]
Name=30 min - low
Type=1031;Stat bmp array
ItemID=0x3F380002
ParentID=0x3F380000
Pos=7,-3,128,19
Color=0xC8DC1464
Materials=1
Display=0;No stretch
Mat 0=data/menu/gui/layout/dialsfdb.tga
Crop 0=0,0.925781,1,1
MatFlags=0x29
TexFmt=0x9
Drag=false
BmpState=1
NeedFocus=true
SelOne=false
IdGroup=0
StatesColors=0xFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFFFF

[G3F I143]
Name=15 min - medium
Type=1031;Stat bmp array
ItemID=0x3F380003
ParentID=0x3F380000
Pos=7,-3,128,19
Color=0xFAFA1464
Materials=1
Display=0;No stretch
Mat 0=data/menu/gui/layout/dialsfdb.tga
Crop 0=0,0.925781,1,1
MatFlags=0x29
TexFmt=0x9
Drag=false
BmpState=1
NeedFocus=true
SelOne=false
IdGroup=0
StatesColors=0xFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFFFF

[G3F I144]
Name=5 min - high
Type=1031;Stat bmp array
ItemID=0x3F380004
ParentID=0x3F380000
Pos=7,-3,128,19
Color=0xFA8C1464
Materials=1
Display=0;No stretch
Mat 0=data/menu/gui/layout/dialsfdb.tga
Crop 0=0,0.925781,1,1
MatFlags=0x29
TexFmt=0x9
Drag=false
BmpState=1
NeedFocus=true
SelOne=false
IdGroup=0
StatesColors=0xFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFFFF

[G3F I145]
Name=3 min - highest
Type=1031;Stat bmp array
ItemID=0x3F380005
ParentID=0x3F380000
Pos=7,-3,128,19
Color=0xFA3C1464
Materials=1
Display=0;No stretch
Mat 0=data/menu/gui/layout/dialsfdb.tga
Crop 0=0,0.925781,1,1
MatFlags=0x29
TexFmt=0x9
Drag=false
BmpState=1
NeedFocus=true
SelOne=false
IdGroup=0
StatesColors=0xFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFFFF
ArnoldR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 05:46 PM   #3
Nicolas
XO
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Uruguay
Posts: 416
Downloads: 157
Uploads: 3
Default

I also want it disabled,

I think you need to restore this file:
\SilentHunterIII\data\Menu\Gui\Layout\DialsFdb.tga

See if you can find it in the !backups folder inside mods folder.
Nicolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 07:51 PM   #4
3catcircus
Loader
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 85
Downloads: 199
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArnoldR View Post
I think I can help you!

In the menu_1024_768.ini, search for

[G3F I139]
Name=Stealthmeter

And replace all the lines by:

[G3F I139]
Name=Stealthmeter
Type=1026;Menu group
ItemID=0x3F380000
ParentID=0x3F120000
Pos=533,-36,141,24
Color=0xFFFFFFFF

[G3F I140]
Name=Contour
Type=1030;Static bmp
ItemID=0x3F380006
ParentID=0x3F380000
Pos=7,-3,128,19
Color=0xC8C8C8C8
Materials=1
Display=0;No stretch
Mat 0=data/menu/gui/layout/dialsfdb.tga
Crop 0=0.25,0.925781,1,1
MatFlags=0x29
TexFmt=0x9

[G3F I141]
Name=1000 min - lowest
Type=1031;Stat bmp array
ItemID=0x3F380001
ParentID=0x3F380000
Pos=7,-3,128,19
Color=0x557F2164
Materials=1
Display=0;No stretch
Mat 0=data/menu/gui/layout/dialsfdb.tga
Crop 0=0,0.925781,1,1
MatFlags=0x29
TexFmt=0x9
Drag=false
BmpState=1
NeedFocus=true
SelOne=false
IdGroup=0
StatesColors=0xFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFFFF

[G3F I142]
Name=30 min - low
Type=1031;Stat bmp array
ItemID=0x3F380002
ParentID=0x3F380000
Pos=7,-3,128,19
Color=0xC8DC1464
Materials=1
Display=0;No stretch
Mat 0=data/menu/gui/layout/dialsfdb.tga
Crop 0=0,0.925781,1,1
MatFlags=0x29
TexFmt=0x9
Drag=false
BmpState=1
NeedFocus=true
SelOne=false
IdGroup=0
StatesColors=0xFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFFFF

[G3F I143]
Name=15 min - medium
Type=1031;Stat bmp array
ItemID=0x3F380003
ParentID=0x3F380000
Pos=7,-3,128,19
Color=0xFAFA1464
Materials=1
Display=0;No stretch
Mat 0=data/menu/gui/layout/dialsfdb.tga
Crop 0=0,0.925781,1,1
MatFlags=0x29
TexFmt=0x9
Drag=false
BmpState=1
NeedFocus=true
SelOne=false
IdGroup=0
StatesColors=0xFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFFFF

[G3F I144]
Name=5 min - high
Type=1031;Stat bmp array
ItemID=0x3F380004
ParentID=0x3F380000
Pos=7,-3,128,19
Color=0xFA8C1464
Materials=1
Display=0;No stretch
Mat 0=data/menu/gui/layout/dialsfdb.tga
Crop 0=0,0.925781,1,1
MatFlags=0x29
TexFmt=0x9
Drag=false
BmpState=1
NeedFocus=true
SelOne=false
IdGroup=0
StatesColors=0xFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFFFF

[G3F I145]
Name=3 min - highest
Type=1031;Stat bmp array
ItemID=0x3F380005
ParentID=0x3F380000
Pos=7,-3,128,19
Color=0xFA3C1464
Materials=1
Display=0;No stretch
Mat 0=data/menu/gui/layout/dialsfdb.tga
Crop 0=0,0.925781,1,1
MatFlags=0x29
TexFmt=0x9
Drag=false
BmpState=1
NeedFocus=true
SelOne=false
IdGroup=0
StatesColors=0xFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFFFF

Unfortunately, I did restore these lines with the cloud icon showing, but thank you for the help!



Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolas View Post
I also want it disabled,

I think you need to restore this file:
\SilentHunterIII\data\Menu\Gui\Layout\DialsFdb.tga

See if you can find it in the !backups folder inside mods folder.

I'll take a look and see if this works - thanks!


EDIT - that looks like it'll do that, but I'd lose all of the other dials as well - I'm guessing I'd need to figure out how to edit the tga file to bring the original "Sth" icon into the file and remove the cloud ones.

Last edited by 3catcircus; 11-04-2018 at 08:00 PM.
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 08:44 AM   #5
Nicolas
XO
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Uruguay
Posts: 416
Downloads: 157
Uploads: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post
Unfortunately, I did restore these lines with the cloud icon showing, but thank you for the help!






I'll take a look and see if this works - thanks!


EDIT - that looks like it'll do that, but I'd lose all of the other dials as well - I'm guessing I'd need to figure out how to edit the tga file to bring the original "Sth" icon into the file and remove the cloud ones.
Go to the mod folder the MAGUI one if you can't find it on !backups, and copy that one.
Nicolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 09:05 PM   #6
3catcircus
Loader
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 85
Downloads: 199
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolas View Post
Go to the mod folder the MAGUI one if you can't find it on !backups, and copy that one.

I've got that. There are two DialsFdb.tga files in the !BACKUP\data\Menu\Gui\Layout folder.


One is labeled DialsFdb.tga.MaGui F and the other is labeled DialsFdb.tga.Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1.


The first one is the backup from stock to MaGUI F. The second one is the backup from MaGUI F to Stiebler (the one I need to copy from).



What I need to do is cut the cloud-shaped icons from the copy of DialsFdb.tga sitting in the main \data\Menu\Gui\Layout folder and paste in the "Sth" icon from the DialsFdb.tga.Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1 in its place.


I just don't know where (x,y pixel coordinates) to place the Stealth indication icon from the MaGUI F version into the current version of the DialsFdb.tga file.


If I just replace the entire DialsFdb.tga file, I replace the *other* dials/icons in that file as well, which is not what I want to do.
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 04:06 PM   #7
makman94
Hellas
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,337
Downloads: 180
Uploads: 7


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post
I've got that. There are two DialsFdb.tga files in the !BACKUP\data\Menu\Gui\Layout folder.


One is labeled DialsFdb.tga.MaGui F and the other is labeled DialsFdb.tga.Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1.


The first one is the backup from stock to MaGUI F. The second one is the backup from MaGUI F to Stiebler (the one I need to copy from).



What I need to do is cut the cloud-shaped icons from the copy of DialsFdb.tga sitting in the main \data\Menu\Gui\Layout folder and paste in the "Sth" icon from the DialsFdb.tga.Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1 in its place.


I just don't know where (x,y pixel coordinates) to place the Stealth indication icon from the MaGUI F version into the current version of the DialsFdb.tga file.


If I just replace the entire DialsFdb.tga file, I replace the *other* dials/icons in that file as well, which is not what I want to do.
Hello 3catcircus,

i would suggest you to follow Nicola's advice.
You don't have to bother yourself with the x,y coordinates as long as you use the "DialsFdb.tga" that MaGui has in its files.

So , just delete the "DialsFdb.tga" that Stiebler4C_V16B1 has in its files and let the game read only the MaGui's "DialsFdb.tga"
__________________
Knowledge is the only thing that nobody can ever take from you...



Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1995- 2018 Subsim