SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-03-12, 05:55 PM   #1
happymeal2
Watch

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0
Default Issues getting mods to run

Hey guys; first off, sorry if this is in the wrong section, i wasnt sure if this was only for mods being worked on or not but it seemed the right area.

My issue that im running into is that when i "enable" (or think im enabling..) the mods will show up in the list on the right, but nothing changes in game. Im pretty sure the mods i tried using were in the correct order as i found them in the newbie mods guide. Also, i tried taking them all off and just running the MMM mod (has like a half gazillion mods in it i guess).

If it matters, specs that i know of:
Win7 32-bit (home premium)
Graphics card: GEforce9800
processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual core 4000+ 2.1 ghz
2gb of ram

Anyone have any ideas of things i could try? Thanks in advance!

On a side note: Does JSGME have to stay running in the background when i play the game, or can i close it?
happymeal2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-12, 06:47 PM   #2
col_Kurtz
XO

Downloads: 341

No. After activation mods in JSGME just shut down this soft.

And the most important thing is... What mods are you trying to enable? I`m almost sure you are talking about this one:
NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_ByTheDarkWraith - this is zip archive. Unpack somewhere else and look into this folder. There are a lot of different mods inside.

For example:
D:\Games\SH5 MODS\NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_ByTheDarkWraith and there are MODS, Documents, and Dials.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/albu...pictureid=5632

Some archives have such a structure. So look inside before.

DRM it`s a horror, horror... col. Kurtz Apocalypse Now
WinXP Pro SP3 2x1GB Geil 800Mhz DDR2, ATI 4850 Asus Top, E2160 1.80 Ghz overlocked to 2.79Ghz MoBo Asus P5b
col_Kurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-12, 07:42 PM   #3
happymeal2
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by col_Kurtz View Post
No. After activation mods in JSGME just shut down this soft.

And the most important thing is... What mods are you trying to enable? I`m almost sure you are talking about this one:
NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_ByTheDarkWraith - this is zip archive. Unpack somewhere else and look into this folder. There are a lot of different mods inside.

For example:
D:\Games\SH5 MODS\NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_ByTheDarkWraith and there are MODS, Documents, and Dials.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/albu...pictureid=5632

Some archives have such a structure. So look inside before.
Hey kurtz;
Yes, i did try that one along with a few others before the one im after now, and going by what you said i did it entirely wrong. I directly downloaded all the files into the MODS folder created by JSGME (guess i shouldnt have done that ). At the time however, the one im trying to get to work is MMM - MyMegaMod by pedrobas - http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=192236

It includes the UI mods by TDW as well as around 60 other mods but makes it so you only have to enable 4 parts with all the mods (or thats my understanding.)

I will go back and try with the UIs mod and try importing it from a different folder to see if that was the issue, if it was you may have solved my entire problem.

Thanks for the quick reply!
Old 05-04-12, 05:32 PM   #4
happymeal2
Watch

Just an update, it didnt help; nothing changed in the UI or in anything else for that matter, and i did start from a save that was docked. Any other ideas?
Old 05-04-12, 05:47 PM   #5
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymeal2 View Post
Just an update, it didnt help; nothing changed in the UI or in anything else for that matter, and i did start from a save that was docked. Any other ideas?
in my UIs mod folder there is a folder called \data\Applications. Run the JSGME mod validator app. It will tell you whether your mods are installed correctly or not.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-12, 06:59 PM   #6
happymeal2
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
in my UIs mod folder there is a folder called \data\Applications. Run the JSGME mod validator app. It will tell you whether your mods are installed correctly or not.
Sorry i took so long in this reply, been away for a couple days.

I believe i found the folder you were talking about, (NewUIs_TDC_6_3_7_ByTheDarkWraith--data--Applications) but the folder is showing as empty. I also tried a search from the mods folder to see if it was somewhere else, but nothing else showed up.
Old 05-08-12, 07:25 PM   #7
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Sorry i took so long in this reply, been away for a couple days.

I believe i found the folder you were talking about, (NewUIs_TDC_6_3_7_ByTheDarkWraith--data--Applications) but the folder is showing as empty. I also tried a search from the mods folder to see if it was somewhere else, but nothing else showed up.
You need the latest version of the mod - it's v6.9.0 currently
Old 05-08-12, 08:26 PM   #8
happymeal2
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
You need the latest version of the mod - it's v6.9.0 currently
That would be a problem then, it seems. The link in the downloads section is outdated :/ its at 6.3.7 there, http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1811
Old 05-08-12, 08:49 PM   #9
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
That would be a problem then, it seems. The link in the downloads section is outdated :/ its at 6.3.7 there, http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1811
There is a thread here in this forum for the mod: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...69&postcount=1
Old 05-08-12, 09:02 PM   #10
happymeal2
Watch

I figured out the issue. And i now feel about as smart as a rock. Actually, less so.

When i installed JSGME, i guess i had a desktop icon put on. This was for a generic JSGME, seperate from the one I put in my SH5 folder. So when i put the mods in the MODS folder, they showed up in this JSGME that was on my desktop, but they didnt have any effect on the game, because i wasnt using the JSGME in the SH5 folder because i didnt know i had to. I happened to see it last time i was browsing around in there (20 or so minutes ago) and now here i sit with your UI working perfectly, feeling like an idiot. Nothing out of the ordinary

Thank you both for your time, and for helping me learn, meaning to or not.