SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-29-15, 11:40 PM   #3421
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 153
Uploads: 11

Well, I can see why you aren't too happy about that.

You could be right about the 32x TC. Or, maybe some/most of the ship models are not zoned well.

You could open up the ships' *.dat and *.zon files to see what is going on there.
TorpX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-15, 04:33 AM   #3422
nionios
Sparky

Downloads: 82
Uploads: 0
Default Zero tonnage

I encountered a merchant M-KF-M (D), browsed through the recognition manual saying 0 tons.
When I finally sank it, in the captain's log it says 0 tons.
What was that?A ghost ship?
I play OM with Traveller Mod 1.7.
nionios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-15, 05:34 PM   #3423
Gestapo
Swabbie

Downloads: 122

Hello everyone.

I'm having a problem with the KIUB interface in the attack periscope. It seems the three circles do not match up properly. I followed the tutorial for the KIUB thats included with the mod, but the values for range that I got were waaay off. Did a few more tests with map contacts on and indeed its woefully inaccurate when comparing the result to the actual range.

I'm no computer whizz, but I think the problem seems to be related to the resolution of the game, as changing the resolution also changes the position of the measurements on the dials, resulting in a different solution on different resolutions but of all the resolutions I've tried, none of them correct the problem. I'm really wanting to use this to calculate my solutions, but as it is, its impossible to use and I'm forced to keep map contacts on if I am to sink anything. Can anyone offer help with this?
Gestapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-15, 08:45 AM   #3424
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

KIUB interface works just fine in OM and it is accurate "enough". You can not expect to have 100 % accuracy with this kind of range determination.
Why? Can you be sure that your angle measurement is 100% correct? Are you sure that measured ship is not "sitting" 1m deeper in water that in it should.

The point is, if WW1 range determination procedures were 100% acccurate, why would anyone waste any time to invent laser range finder and similar stuff...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-15, 01:06 PM   #3425
Gestapo
Swabbie

You misunderstood me. Perhaps I didnt explain properly. There is a bug in the KIUB interface which gives wrong readings. For example, from the pictures in the tutorial, the KIUB scope is supposed to have green vertical notches that measure up to 15 degrees and horizontal notches that measure to 30 degrees each side. My KIUB scope has notches measuring only 10 degrees vertically and only 28 degrees horizontally on each side. Why does my KIUB look different? Additionally, in the tutorial, he lines up 11.2 degrees with the top wedge, and the ship's height of 57m should correspond to a range of 2700m, but I do the exact same and I end up with a result of 2000m.

If I input the exact same values, I should get the exact same answer, right? So then why does this discrepancy exist and how can I fix it? I know for sure that this is a bug and perhaps the KIUB interface is not fitting properly on my screen, but I dont know how to fix it.
Old 10-16-15, 04:09 AM   #3426
veenee
Watch

Downloads: 114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gestapo View Post
You misunderstood me. Perhaps I didnt explain properly. There is a bug in the KIUB interface which gives wrong readings. For example, from the pictures in the tutorial, the KIUB scope is supposed to have green vertical notches that measure up to 15 degrees and horizontal notches that measure to 30 degrees each side. My KIUB scope has notches measuring only 10 degrees vertically and only 28 degrees horizontally on each side. Why does my KIUB look different? Additionally, in the tutorial, he lines up 11.2 degrees with the top wedge, and the ship's height of 57m should correspond to a range of 2700m, but I do the exact same and I end up with a result of 2000m.

If I input the exact same values, I should get the exact same answer, right? So then why does this discrepancy exist and how can I fix it? I know for sure that this is a bug and perhaps the KIUB interface is not fitting properly on my screen, but I dont know how to fix it.
I concur, I've noticed exactly the same thing - what resolution do you use?

I even contacted karamazovnew and he replied, but probably had no time to look into it.
veenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-15, 09:20 AM   #3427
Gestapo
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by veenee View Post
I concur, I've noticed exactly the same thing - what resolution do you use?

I even contacted karamazovnew and he replied, but probably had no time to look into it.
Sorry for the late reply. I'm using 1920x1080. I did some looking around and it seems the KIUB only works on a certain resolution, and its not the one I have. I'm pretty sure that is the cause of the problem. Another problem is that this seems to be the only resolution available to me (the other options are darkened out). Is there a version for 1920x1080? Or perhaps there might be a way to edit it to fit the screen? I really hope Karamazovnew can help out.
Old 10-26-15, 10:07 PM   #3428
THEGAMETIPER
Watch

Downloads: 292

I am wondering is anyone having problems with this mod where it works for a short time then poof it locks up and crashes silent hunter 4.

maybe I am having bad luck.
THEGAMETIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-15, 06:23 AM   #3429
berez
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default SMA with IXC

Greetings, thanks for outstanding Mod OpMonsun.
I tested the SMA with IXC sub,and working perfectly.
(in test I killed my sub with 1 SMA , I put and reversed)
Important :4 kts speed ,180 angle, deep 1 m ,aft tubes.
Tested without OMEGU,only OM.
Old 10-30-15, 12:23 PM   #3430
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

berez!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-15, 10:18 AM   #3431
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63

Welcome to SubSim berez

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-15, 12:09 AM   #3432
THEGAMETIPER
Watch

Downloads: 292

good news it now runs

I do have some questions

1 what happened to the emblem on the bridge tower

2 some ships have no torpedo holes

3 is there a extra graphic mod for this mod?
THEGAMETIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-15, 01:36 AM   #3433
pognivet
Nub

Downloads: 13

i dont approve of the removal of swastikas, but i i guess thats the world we live in and ill have to deal with it

Last edited by pognivet; 11-05-15 at 01:49 AM.
pognivet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-15, 11:40 AM   #3434
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

pognivet!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-15, 08:08 AM   #3435
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63

Welcome to SubSim pognivet

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote