SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-10-18, 05:36 PM   #1
orangehat44
A-ganger

Downloads: 48
Uploads: 0
Default Call of the sea?

Jeeze its been years.... but i've been getting the itch, havent played any silent hunter in prob 6 ish years.

I own SH3-5 on steam. i never was a great captain but did play probably the most of SH4 + TMO. and read about 3/4ths of 'clear the bridge' lol.

As i said unfortunatly i own them all on steam and have heard that is a pain to mod, but more for SH5? I recall modding sh4 decently easily on steam version.

anyone have any recommendations of mods to try or group? also any recommendations for good youtube channels for guides and lets plays? i'm quite rusty

Edit:

Also i have windows 10 now and when i played last was on maybe vista lol any instal issues or tricks?

Last edited by orangehat44; 08-10-18 at 05:40 PM. Reason: add info
orangehat44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-18, 09:07 PM   #2
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Welcome back old salt! Both of these threads are in the "Stickie" section up above:
THEBERBSTER's "SH4 <> TUTORIALS <> HOW TO DO IT <> INFO <> DOWNLOAD LINKS -STICKY INDEX"
... and ...
Rockin Robbins' "Sub Skipper's Bag of Tricks"

Both, treasure troves of knowledge and enlightenment...

In the meantime, TMO 2.5 (and patch) is still in use, as is RSRDC (and patch)
TMO also still has Dave Grayson's training wheels (available with paid subscription)
If you like TMO / RSRDC withOTC, then you can't go wrong with Bleiente's Ralles Real Mod Soup mix of them
THEBERBSTER recently took Webster's Game Fixes Only mod, and added his own touch to it with THEBERBSTEES All In One Beginners Mega Mod List For SH4 221117
And for the AOTD_MadMax team fans' favorite of FotRS, there is now Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate Edition, with 'beta' v0.72 on the back burner simmering as we speak.
There are others, but it's kinda tough making links on this tablet...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-18, 05:37 AM   #3
Niume
Sea Lord

Downloads: 499

Welcome back. You can join Kriegsmarine anytime

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

[ENG] SH 4 KSD II Ace Edition
Niume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-18, 09:39 AM   #4
orangehat44
A-ganger

Downloads: 48
Uploads: 0

Thanks guys! i got SH4 UB installed last night and i believe i got the THEBERBSTER mod pack installed and working. First game attempt wouldnt reload the save, would simply ctd when done loading. started a second game quick after updating the gpu scaling settings THEBERSTER has in his guide but havent reloaded to see if that was the issue.

I've completed a few objectives so far but yet to see anything other than a lone IJN destroyer on the horizon. but getting the feel for the controls again lol.

Niume, back when i use to play i did play some SH4 with the Operation monsoon(?) mod which was a overhaul mod for atlantic kreigsmarine campaign if i recall correctly. i did enjoy that. back then i struggled to get sh3 to work with the mods i wanted to try and last i tried SH5 was right after lauch in its buggy glory. so im definatly interested in heading back to the atlantic.

Any recommendations there? retry installing SH3? use an SH4 mod like op mon that i use too? or can i mod enough of a sh5 steam version to be worth it(ive heard it can be difficult to mod a steam version of SH5)
orangehat44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-18, 11:17 AM   #5
Niume
Sea Lord

Downloads: 499

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangehat44 View Post
Thanks guys! i got SH4 UB installed last night and i believe i got the THEBERBSTER mod pack installed and working. First game attempt wouldnt reload the save, would simply ctd when done loading. started a second game quick after updating the gpu scaling settings THEBERSTER has in his guide but havent reloaded to see if that was the issue.

I've completed a few objectives so far but yet to see anything other than a lone IJN destroyer on the horizon. but getting the feel for the controls again lol.

Niume, back when i use to play i did play some SH4 with the Operation monsoon(?) mod which was a overhaul mod for atlantic kreigsmarine campaign if i recall correctly. i did enjoy that. back then i struggled to get sh3 to work with the mods i wanted to try and last i tried SH5 was right after lauch in its buggy glory. so im definatly interested in heading back to the atlantic.

Any recommendations there? retry installing SH3? use an SH4 mod like op mon that i use too? or can i mod enough of a sh5 steam version to be worth it(ive heard it can be difficult to mod a steam version of SH5)

You could try installing SH3. For SH4 i reccomend KSD II(It's better then Ops mon if you know russian language or willing to use translators while playing.

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

[ENG] SH 4 KSD II Ace Edition
Niume is offline   Reply With Quote