Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-29-18, 01:36 PM   #1
HerrRitter
Watch

Downloads: 39
Uploads: 0
Default Cannot Access the Game on Steam

I'm a big fan of SH5 and the Grey Wolves Mod. Everything has been going well for several days.

Yesterday, I tried to play the game, and after the screen went blank (subsequent to the GWoS screen), I expected to see the "Synchronising saves" screen, any second. It never happened. I can't get into the game, at all.

I checked with UPlay to make sure that they had my product key, and they did.

UPDATE: I verified my local files (which I knew would wipe out the mod, and tried playing the vanilla game. It worked perfectly. Accordingly, I re-installed the GWoS ... and I know how to do it, by the way. Suddenly, I am getting the STEAM application error 3:0000065432 error. There are a lot of cures for this, on the internet, but they are mostly for Skyrim, and I didn't find one for SH5. I want to throw someone off my bridge ...

Does anyone have an idea why this is happening?

Last edited by HerrRitter; 05-29-18 at 03:16 PM.
HerrRitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-18, 10:07 PM   #3
HerrRitter
Watch

As another seaman growing old disgracefully, I thank you for your assistance. If any of your fixes work, I will let you know no later than tomorrow (when I will likely have finally got tired and need sustenance!).

Old 05-29-18, 10:39 PM   #4
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

A more radical solution - and more fruitful - is to get rid of Uplay...
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-18, 03:49 AM   #5
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi XS
Quote:
A more radical solution - and more fruitful - is to get rid of Uplay..
I totally agree with you but apparently that would be illegal.

Mum's the word as the saying goes.
Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-18, 10:23 AM   #6
HerrRitter
Watch

Am sorry to add that none of the solutions proposed by THEBERBSTER worked. I can "verify" the integrity of local files, at which point the 6509 files will be restored (and of course, GWoS will be deleted). However, one of the reasons for using mods is that you don't like the vanilla game!

I'm at a loss as to what to do about this. I started up the vanilla game, last night, and it worked perfectly. Then, I download a single, minor mod and installed it. Starting up the game, I got 3:0000065432, again.
Old 05-30-18, 01:04 PM   #7
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonSurf View Post
A more radical solution - and more fruitful - is to get rid of Uplay...

Sorry I had to add this:
In some countries this is in fact *ILLEGAL*.
In my country the legislation to that topic (for software in general) is:
I can take any measures I deem useful to run my purchased software, especially in face of changing conditions of OS, technical adaptations etc. And if possible, I will not accept any cumbersome means that take away my time for doing just that. Thus my suggestion above.

It's worth reading exactly the legislation of your country regarding the usage of software. And important: any game's or software's EULA cannot be prioritized over this legislation!

2 common examples in the matter:

- I own most of the Amiga games. So I'm entitled to download an emulator together with game ROMs and run the game because it was and is the purpose of my game's purchase. (Intended Usage).

- I'm entitled to run any additional software or changed software *for personal usage* that helps running my game and was not necessary at the purchase time, e.g. because the OS conditions have changed. The fact that such software are commonly (but not officially in the realm of legislation) called 'cracked software' doesn't change the assessment and the software usage purpose. This also applies to SH5 and possible adaptations.

Last edited by XenonSurf; 05-30-18 at 01:33 PM.
Old 05-30-18, 01:37 PM   #8
HerrRitter
Watch

I realize that there isn't a "workshop" at Steam for Silent Hunter 5. I add mods from the Workshop to virtually all of my games, and they all work. Is it possible to add a workshop at Steam for the mods currently downloadable only at subsim?

Failing that, is there anyone who sells a non-Steam version of SH5? I notice that not even Ubisoft offers this game for sale. I've looked around at some websites where I used to buy games, and it is not listed at any of them.

EDIT: I answered my own question. Downloaded it from Amazon for $10. Completely bypassing Steam ...

Last edited by HerrRitter; 05-30-18 at 01:50 PM.
HerrRitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-18, 01:51 PM   #9
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerrRitter View Post
I realize that there isn't a "workshop" at Steam for Silent Hunter 5. I add mods from the Workshop to virtually all of my games, and they all work. Is it possible to add a workshop at Steam for the mods currently downloadable only at subsim?

Failing that, is there anyone who sells a non-Steam version of SH5? I notice that not even Ubisoft offers this game for sale. I've looked around at some websites where I used to buy games, and it is not listed at any of them.

According to what I said above, once you have purchased a game, you do not rely on Steam, non-Steam or whatever: google for what you search to fix your game and apply it if possible...
And to answer your question: no, I am not aware of any SH5 version that is non-Steam or non-Uplay. And Ubisoft has nothing more to do with this game AFAIK (regarding Support).
Old 05-30-18, 01:57 PM   #10
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerrRitter View Post

EDIT: I answered my own question. Downloaded it from Amazon for $10. Completely bypassing Steam ...

No reason for optimism I think, you will have to say Hello to U-Play again...You should have taken a lunch for that money...
Old 05-30-18, 03:08 PM   #11
THEBERBSTER

HR
I do not know why I am assuming this has not been asked before why you are not using The Wolves Of Steel (Twos) which has a STEAM conversion included in the installation process of this mega mod.
Peter
Old 05-30-18, 04:02 PM   #12
HerrRitter
Watch

I used it, and it worked beautifully ... for two days.

Then, without changing anything, I started getting the Steam error message. Nothing I tried worked.

And on my new Amazon version, it will not allow the 1.2.0 Patch to be installed. This is one of the two greatest subsims ever created, but it is one of the most frustrating games ever made, also.
Old 05-30-18, 04:30 PM   #13
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

You can find an 'Unofficial' 1.2.0 patch on the net...Just search, I cannot link it here obviously.
Once you have patched to 1.2.0 you can run the TWoS installer and play without any interference.
Old 05-30-18, 05:07 PM   #14
HerrRitter
Watch

Thanks, Captain!
Old 05-30-18, 05:43 PM   #15
THEBERBSTER

Hi HR
Quote:
And on my new Amazon version, it will not allow the 1.2.0 Patch to be installed.
On your Amazon download where did you look for the patch.

Did you need the patch?
Did you hover your mouse over the SH5.exe and see what version had been downloaded.

Some downloads already have the game patched to v1.2

Did you look here?
Post #5 Update SH5 From v1.0.5.0 To v1.2.0 Immediately After Installing > Pictorial

Have you checked this out?
Post #161 TDW’s Generic File Patcher Steam Installation Instructions By sirrawsrsalot > Updated Version

Peter