Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-13-18, 03:22 AM   #1
Regex
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Bug with the recognition manual of boats

Hello ! I recently install the extension the wolfe of steel but I remark that I have a bug with the recognition manual of boats. In fact the picture of boat do not change when I turn the page (just the name of boat change). So it is impossible for me to reconize the type of boats.
I found a video example in youtube :
Thank you for your help !
Old 05-13-18, 08:04 AM   #2
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Without any doubt it would be useful if you give the exact version of TWoS, your OS and install procedure, so that the modmaker has information to help you, or correct it if everyone is experiencing this.

Welcome to Subsim!
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-18, 10:31 AM   #3
Regex
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Hi, indeed, I have version 1.2.0 of sh5 and version 2.2.5 of the wolfes of steel. I am on windows 10 64-bit. I already experiment a little this mod, it seems to work. This is the only bug I have noticed.
Regarding the installation procedure, I followed the tutorial via the following youtube video:
but the only anomaly I had during this installation is at the "generic mod enables" level where I did not have "the wolves of steel" in the "activate mod" section.
Here is more information
Old 05-13-18, 10:45 AM   #4
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

I'm sure Veko, the modmaker will shortly step in here. It may be a Win 10 issue, but lets see...
In the meantime you can try this: In your main game folder there are some newly created files when you launch the game; Go in the explorer, list the files by date and move out these newly created files. Start the game and see if it solves the book bug. If it doesn't work, move the files in again and wait for Veko's suggestions.
Old 05-13-18, 11:27 AM   #5
Regex
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

thank you but I have a little trouble to find the files you quote, which folder to look for? should they be deleted?
Old 05-13-18, 12:10 PM   #6
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regex View Post
thank you but I have a little trouble to find the files you quote, which folder to look for? should they be deleted?
If you are unsure, forget about, just wait for Veko to join-in here, he can for sure give a solution.
Old 05-13-18, 01:10 PM   #7
Harbinger2
Nub

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Same problem.

Quote:
Hello ! I recently install the extension the wolfe of steel but I remark that I have a bug with the recognition manual of boats. In fact the picture of boat do not change when I turn the page (just the name of boat change). So it is impossible for me to reconize the type of boats.
I found a video example in youtube :
Thank you for your help !
Harbinger2 . I have the same problem and still having problems .Did you solve your issue?I can`t play the game as I cant see the ships to feed the information
to uses my torpedoes.Thanks hope you solved it.
Harbinger2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-18, 01:35 PM   #8
Regex
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

for Harbinger2 : no it is not solved yet. yes effectively without the recognition of boats, it is impossible to play correctly. If you find a solution, post it here.
Old 05-13-18, 01:38 PM   #9
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
for Harbinger2 : no it is not solved yet. yes effectively without the recognition of boats, it is impossible to play correctly. If you find a solution, post it here.
I presume you guys use TWoS only and that you have checked install instructions prior the mod installation?

That video tutorial is outdated...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-18, 04:54 PM   #10
Harbinger2
Nub

[QUOTE=Regex;2552884]for Harbinger2 : no it is not solved yet. yes effectively without the recognition of boats, it is impossible to play correctly. If you find a solution, post it here.[/QUOTE
Yes I will. I have a friend that is going to help me.He is very versed with software. Keep you fingers crossed.
Old 05-13-18, 09:01 PM   #11
desepticon
Seaman

Downloads: 51

Have you disabled display scaling via the exe properties?
desepticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-18, 05:16 AM   #12
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

Harbinger2!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-18, 01:29 PM   #13
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

What is not included in the TWoS install instructions is:

- You should not install the game in protected folders, contrary of what is said in the PDF install instructions. Do NOT install it in the Program Files folder, but install it in a free accessible folder with another name like c:\games\SH5. You will run in numerous troubles if you don't respect that.
- You must prepare your card grafics, say the scaling options as said above, and other annoying things explained in the Win 10 tutorial threads.

Then: Do not ALT-TAB out of the game, it will mess it up, this can be the reason of distorted and missing grafics, crew member 'disappearing', sounds missing, strange sub behavior, Donald Trump writing some twitters etc.
I bet that's the reason of your missing book grafics. I's not permanent however: Saving and reloading the game will fix it.

In the TWoS install you must not forget to run the Generic Patch Enabler and do it correctly, it's cumbersome procedure but simple enough.

Last edited by XenonSurf; 05-14-18 at 01:41 PM.
Old 05-14-18, 02:45 PM   #14
Harbinger2
Nub

[QUOTE=desepticon;2552910]Have you disabled display scaling via the exe properties?[/
Thanks for your solution, unfortunately I am a beginner with the Silent Hunter series and I did not understand how to fix the Fix the fix,its Very frustrating for me.Again thank you.
Old 05-14-18, 05:19 PM   #15
Cyborg322
Scurvy Dog of the Deep

Downloads: 337

Harbinger2 you have not got the quote thing quite right you can do it manually by typing QUOTE to insert the sentence you wish to quote from then backslash to end quote ie / QUOTE

Using the reply with quote I think you are erasing the end of /quote

Last edited by Cyborg322; 05-15-18 at 01:44 AM.
Cyborg322 is offline   Reply With Quote