SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-29-11, 07:45 AM   #31
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Lets say i want to add a search light to the kiel lighthouse .
I open goblin and open the kiel.sim file found in
C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\data\Terrain\Locations\CustomAreas\kiel
then i merge the kiel.gr2 file . Why do i do it this way , because if i open the gr2 file first and merge the sim then goblin will crash .
Ok so i have merged the gr2 file witht he sim file . It says lost controllers , who cares . I know that the lost controllers #12 is the harborcontroll object @ far which is the light house . I know this because i opened the gr2 file first and then merged the sim file and checked . Then i opened the sim first and merged the gr2 file . No idea where the origin point is on the light house . I notice in shcontrollers there is searchlighteffect controller . I add this to lost controller 12 and save . I then open the correct way to check and merge the sim file after opening the gr2 file . It has
harborobjectcontroll@far
searchlighteffect@far

The lighthouse at kiel still doesnt have a light
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-11, 08:19 AM   #32
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
Lets say i want to add a search light to the kiel lighthouse .
I open goblin and open the kiel.sim file found in
C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\data\Terrain\Locations\CustomAreas\kiel
then i merge the kiel.gr2 file . Why do i do it this way , because if i open the gr2 file first and merge the sim then goblin will crash .
Ok so i have merged the gr2 file witht he sim file . It says lost controllers , who cares . I know that the lost controllers #12 is the harborcontroll object @ far which is the light house . I know this because i opened the gr2 file first and then merged the sim file and checked . Then i opened the sim first and merged the gr2 file . No idea where the origin point is on the light house . I notice in shcontrollers there is searchlighteffect controller . I add this to lost controller 12 and save . I then open the correct way to check and merge the sim file after opening the gr2 file . It has
harborobjectcontroll@far
searchlighteffect@far

The lighthouse at kiel still doesnt have a light
If you look at my FX_Update mod you'll see how I gave the lighthouse a rotating light (though not the type of rotating light you are trying to do). The searchlighteffect controller isn't going to work as you expected either. It would more than likely remain stationary. You'd have to get creative to make it turn.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-11, 12:27 PM   #33
lorka42
Planesman

Downloads: 35

ungh, controllers have always driven me batship.

Member of the Subsim Zombie Army
lorka42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-11, 12:09 PM   #34
Forensicman101
Gunner

Downloads: 79
Uploads: 0
Default problems opening files

When I try opening a sub GR2 file I get the following error message:
"You do not have the actor DLLs for the following controller types: Sapiens. Please get the appropriate actor DLLs."

When I try merging the submarine sim file I get this longer list of missing actor DLL files: "Gun Station Controller Properties, Ship Damage State, Interior Effects Manager, Special Abilities Ctrl, Water Reflection, cmdr_AI Human Sub, Obj_Turret, Unit_submarine, & wpn_SubTorpedo Sys."

Has anyone any idea why these are missing and how I can get hold of the files?
Forensicman101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-11, 09:14 PM   #35
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forensicman101 View Post
When I try opening a sub GR2 file I get the following error message:
"You do not have the actor DLLs for the following controller types: Sapiens. Please get the appropriate actor DLLs."

When I try merging the submarine sim file I get this longer list of missing actor DLL files: "Gun Station Controller Properties, Ship Damage State, Interior Effects Manager, Special Abilities Ctrl, Water Reflection, cmdr_AI Human Sub, Obj_Turret, Unit_submarine, & wpn_SubTorpedo Sys."

Has anyone any idea why these are missing and how I can get hold of the files?
Post #1 of this thread tells you what you need to do
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-11, 05:27 AM   #36
Forensicman101
Gunner

Downloads: 79
Default problem solved

Thanks Darkwraith. I did the Root Folder & Actors Directory thingy as in Post number one, but for some reason this had got deleted between me first trying out the editor and my second attempt. I've put the addresses in the two directories again and everything works fine. I'm now the happy user of a 30-knot Type 7a SSN....
Forensicman101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-12, 02:21 PM   #37
Targor Avelany
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 225

maybe a stupid questions or even answered somewhere already, but I'm just learning and was not able to find an answer yet so...

In the game all parts of the uboat and other ships get combined properly. But in Goblin editor if you open both files/merge the coning tower, ie, will be off - higher and to the back of the hull...

So, my question is: how and where does it gets defined for seprate parts of the boat - hull, guns, coning tower, propellers, flag turms, etc...
Targor Avelany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-12, 10:53 AM   #38
Targor Avelany
Ace of the Deep

was my question that stupid?
Old 09-26-12, 11:37 AM   #39
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targor Avelany View Post
was my question that stupid?
No Targor, it wasn't.

Probably no one of the forum members who have read your question are able to give you an answer.

Try asking directly TDW, BIGREG or privateer. These are the first names that came up to my mind
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-12, 11:40 AM   #40
Targor Avelany
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
No Targor, it wasn't.

Probably no one of the forum members who have read your question are able to give you an answer.

Try asking directly TDW, BIGREG or privateer. These are the first names that came up to my mind
I will, I just prefer not to impose on people most of the time.

But the more I learn (too slow!!!! ) and start to understand stuff - the more questions I have...
That means... I just might abandon the above and bug the heck out of people who know stuff - like you
Old 09-26-12, 12:23 PM   #41
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
I will, I just prefer not to impose on people most of the time.

But the more I learn (too slow!!!! ) and start to understand stuff - the more questions I have...
That means... I just might abandon the above and bug the heck out of people who know stuff - like you
I know almost nothing, and the few things I know were mostly learned by disturbing others.

In Italy we use to say: "asking is legitimate and answering is courtesy". In other words: don't keep yourself from posing questions, as far as you ask politely and you don't force your interlocutors to an immediate answer.

On the other hand, better asking and trying to learn than saying "I would like... but I don't have any clue on how to do it"
Old 09-26-12, 12:28 PM   #42
Targor Avelany
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
I know almost nothing, and the few things I know were mostly learned by disturbing others.

In Italy we use to say: "asking is legitimate and answering is courtesy". In other words: don't keep yourself from posing questions, as far as you ask politely and you don't force your interlocutors to an immediate answer.

On the other hand, better asking and trying to learn than saying "I would like... but I don't have any clue on how to do it"
brrrr... I hope I will never be one of those...
Old 09-26-12, 02:08 PM   #43
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
brrrr... I hope I will never be one of those...
Well, anyone deserves our respect.

Many subsimmers here, me included, are mostly providing information, giving ideas, testing mods, etc, and this is our way to be active members.

The one attitude I honestly don't understand is when someone pops up here saying that the game is unplayable, complaining about the download system, stating that he can't bother reading the forum, or demanding someone else to what he claims should be done, and then vanishing again.
Old 09-26-12, 02:21 PM   #44
vlad29
XO

Downloads: 324

Quote:
The one attitude I honestly don't understand is when someone pops up here saying that the game is unplayable, complaining about the download system, stating that he can't bother reading the forum, or demanding someone else to what he claims should be done, and then vanishing again.
+ creating NEW TOPICS on a WELLKNOWN or PERSONAL issues becomes really a disaster for SUBSIM. The more useless topics are created the harder is to find really usefull information. A big CLEANUP is needed here
vlad29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-12, 02:27 PM   #45
Gerald
SUBSIM Newsman

Downloads: 548

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad29 View Post
+ creating NEW TOPICS on a WELLKNOWN or PERSONAL issues becomes really a disaster for SUBSIM. The more useless topics are created the harder is to find really usefull information. A big CLEANUP is needed here
What do you think is best to start clearing,

Marie Curie

Gerald is offline   Reply With Quote