SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-24-13, 11:24 PM   #226
conus00
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 0

Yes I do, but they should not affect this one, it is on the very top of the MODs. Weird.
conus00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-13, 08:52 AM   #227
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

Downloads: 210

I read through this whole thread and I am still confused on a couple of issues.

Yes or no to the following questions please?

1. Will the download for this mod affect pacific water?
2. REAL ENVIRONMENT is a more updated version of Mod 5?
3. The order of installation must be 5,4,3,2,1 as they are ordered after they are downloaded?
4. This mod will affect Operation Monsun files in such a way as to reduce your sensor range to unrealistic levels?
5. This mod still contains a bug which can cause unrecoverable dives which will kill you?
merc4ulfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-13, 09:57 AM   #228
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by merc4ulfate View Post
I read through this whole thread and I am still confused on a couple of issues.

Yes or no to the following questions please?

1. Will the download for this mod affect pacific water?
2. REAL ENVIRONMENT is a more updated version of Mod 5?
3. The order of installation must be 5,4,3,2,1 as they are ordered after they are downloaded?
4. This mod will affect Operation Monsun files in such a way as to reduce your sensor range to unrealistic levels?
5. This mod still contains a bug which can cause unrecoverable dives which will kill you?
1 - it changes the entire environment around you, to what extent it changes and how noticeable it is varies depending on weather and location and such. the water color may not change in all areas because it is the modders opinion and if he likes the water color in one area he may not try to change that water color. which blue or green color the water should look like has been and will continue to be a constant source of disagreement with players and modders alike.

2 - real environment is a combination of the two most popular environment mods at the time, PE - pacific environment and ENV 5 - environment 5. there is a lot more to it then just colors and explosions but I think the main difference for people was the water colors and the explosions in deciding which mod to use. finally the mod makers of both mods joined their work into one mod and tried to use the most popular elements from both mods plus do a little more refining of each in a collaborative work that was called real environments. the PE and ENV mods were never updated since before real environments was released so they are the oldest but they still will work fine if you like them as is. there is a newer environment mod now called ISE which tried to be the successor to real environment but I don't know much about that one although people seam to like it.

3 - no, you install #1 and that's the entire complete mod. numbers 2-5 are extra mods to add to it for specific other changes you might like. I have found those extra ad-on mods often cause issues with other mods so I never use them.

4 - im not sure but if it says that then it is true. environment changes do affect sensors so that's why the big mods TMO and RFB have built in environment mods within the mod itself to make sure sensors and the AI work correctly so you don't use or need an environment mod when using those mods but if you choose to add one then the sensors and possibly the way ships sink could be changed.

5 - again, igf it says it then it is true but I think that refers to the hard coded unfixable stock game flaw where if you order your sub to dive its up to you to order when to stop it or it keeps diving until you implode. crash dive has a set depth to stop at but regular dive order has no preset stopping point. I wouldn't call it a bug but more of a mistake people make because such as with real life if you order a dive they need another order to tell them to stop the dive.

hope that helps
Old 10-25-13, 03:13 PM   #229
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

Downloads: 210

Thank you webster I appreciate your information.

I noticed that in the download section chronologically the Enviro 5 comes after the Real Enviro. Is this simply because at a later date the Enviro 5 was placed in download?
merc4ulfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-13, 11:08 PM   #230
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

Real Env is the latest, although mods like TMO use a tweaked version of Env5.
If you choose to run Real Env, you'll need the lite fog patch. However, it may cause some sensor issues with other mods, but you'll probably never notice it.

There are no moon issues in Real Env or any of the other Env. mods. Something you're doing is causing this issue. It sounds like the moon texture is missing...

You see my dog don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-13, 03:09 AM   #231
conus00
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 166

[QUOTE=It sounds like the moon texture is missing...[/QUOTE]
I actually checked the texture in game directory. It is there, not corrupted with alpha channels intact. I have already finished, maybe, 6 patrols with Env 5.0 but I'm yet to see the moon. As I said all the object/ocean reflections are there just no moon...
Old 11-30-13, 02:45 PM   #232
vjamiko
Swabbie

Downloads: 91
Default is it compatible with...

I have the latest OM+OMEGU v300 . is this mod (Enviromental 5.0 mod) compatible with both of them?

thanks
vjamiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-13, 07:21 PM   #233
Admiral Halsey
Best Admiral in the USN

Downloads: 298

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjamiko View Post
I have the latest OM+OMEGU v300 . is this mod (Enviromental 5.0 mod) compatible with both of them?

thanks
OMGEU is an environmental mod itself so I would say no. However since Op Monsun by itself doesn't mess with the environment it should be ok with it.

Last edited by Admiral Halsey; 12-01-13 at 12:42 AM.
Admiral Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-17, 07:01 AM   #234
Sauroketh
Mate

Downloads: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by W_clear View Post
Your environmental re-work of the SH4 is absolutely amazing!
It's fantastic, adorable, it's beyond my ability to express how in wonder of it I am!
Sauroketh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-19, 08:59 PM   #235
tomandre81
Watch

Downloads: 47
Default re:

When I use this mod my free camera can go through uboats and boats.

I sort of like it when things feel solid and not paper-thin :p

Is there a way to fix this?
(I do use the updated 2.0 patch too)
tomandre81 is offline   Reply With Quote