SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Sub & Naval Discussions: World Naval News, Books, & Films
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-15-15, 07:23 PM   #511
granite00
Torpedoman

Downloads: 162
Uploads: 0

HARDCORE SUBSIM SKIPPER
Old 07-28-15, 01:57 PM   #512
Victor_Bowman
Swabbie

Downloads: 1

NUKE SUBSIM SKIPPER

Periscopes are for wimps. Let's face it, any snapperhead can bring a WWII subsim to periscope depth, lock onto the red triangle and plug away. Real men never get closer than 8000 yards to their target. Your subsim of choice is made by a company in Waterford, Conn. You thrive on complex Target-Motion Analysis equations, deciphering broadband contacts, and gauging ESM signal strength. You are paler than Siberian stripper and proud of it. You long for the day you can take your Seawolf class nuke into an online game against a whole fleet of Type VIICs. One ADCAP equals "make my day".

I find this very intriguing, as I find U-Boats a lot more fun to drive.
Victor_Bowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-15, 10:22 PM   #513
Giesemaschine
Bosun

Downloads: 67

"No doubt about it, you are hardcore. You are the kind of subsim player who pins up the Kriegsmarine gridmap on your wall, you use a redlamp when playing at night, your wife lets you know her mother is visiting by shouting "Alarm!" and you didn't know--or care--that Silent Hunter III has a save game feature. You cut your teeth plotting attacks in Gato, sank 28,000 tons in your first Aces of the Deep patrol, and played Dangerous Waters at 100% realism. You scoff at wannabes who whine about some niggling detail in a subsim but use the red triangle-infested auto TDC and auto-map updates. You never, ever, use anything but full realism.

You are the "sim" in Subsim."

....I have a Kriegsmarine map in a frame hanging above my monitor, a red-light lamp on my desk and still play Aces of the Deep.
Giesemaschine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-15, 05:56 PM   #514
scubamatt
Mate

Downloads: 21

LOL...a *rusty* hardcore skipper.

HARDCORE SUBSIM SKIPPER
No doubt about it, you are hardcore. You are the kind of subsim player who pins up the Kriegsmarine gridmap on your wall, you use a redlamp when playing at night, your wife lets you know her mother is visiting by shouting "Alarm!" and you didn't know--or care--that Silent Hunter III has a save game feature. You cut your teeth plotting attacks in Gato, sank 28,000 tons in your first Aces of the Deep patrol, and played Dangerous Waters at 100% realism. You scoff at wannabes who whine about some niggling detail in a subsim but use the red triangle-infested auto TDC and auto-map updates. You never, ever, use anything but full realism.

You are the "sim" in Subsim.
scubamatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-15, 02:35 AM   #515
Visal
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 55

HARDCORE SUBSIM SKIPPER

No doubt about it, you are hardcore. You are the kind of subsim player who pins up the Kriegsmarine gridmap on your wall, you use a redlamp when playing at night, your wife lets you know her mother is visiting by shouting "Alarm!" and you didn't know--or care--that Silent Hunter III has a save game feature. You cut your teeth plotting attacks in Gato, sank 28,000 tons in your first Aces of the Deep patrol, and played Dangerous Waters at 100% realism. You scoff at wannabes who whine about some niggling detail in a subsim but use the red triangle-infested auto TDC and auto-map updates. You never, ever, use anything but full realism.

Visal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-15, 10:08 AM   #516
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

Visal!
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubamat
You are the kind of subsim player who pins up the Kriegsmarine gridmap on your wall, you use a redlamp when playing at night
precisely! except when my mother-in-law visits... then I go from Kaleun-in-chief of my mancave to chief gopher!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 10-31-15 at 10:16 AM.
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-15, 10:15 AM   #517
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Welcome to SubSim Visal

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-15, 11:03 PM   #518
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 153
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
... except when my mother-in-law visits... then I go from Kaleun-in-chief of my mancave to chief gopher!
Formal inspections by higher authority are bound to be stressful.

TorpX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-16, 01:22 PM   #519
Hektor
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 1
Nuke

Salute Admirals, Captains, Cadets, Everyone,

am rather new to SubSim forums, just stopping by and saying hi.
Been browsing these forums over the last 3-4 years, looking for guides, tips, scenarios, you name it... Found a lot of helpful info; and finally decided to join up.

My kind of thrill are mainly sim's and strategies like Dangerous waters (obviously ) and CMANO (Command Modern/Air Naval Operations) AKA Harpoon sucessor.

Currently playing DW combined with RA 1.40. (CrazyIvan sure did a damn fine and proper job.)

Personal sidenote: Red army choir as a background music during mine laying ops adds up to the realism of DW and makes playtime atmosphere more interesting especially when most of your panels are written in cyrillic.

My result: NUCLEAR SUBSIM SKIPPER.

..would just like to add that I am completely satisfied with the outcome.
Old 02-28-16, 01:36 PM   #520
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Welcome to SubSim Hektor.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-16, 02:04 PM   #521
Gerald
SUBSIM Newsman

Downloads: 548

Default Welcome to SUBSIM Hektor

Marie Curie

Gerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-16, 02:07 PM   #522
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

Hektor!
Quote:
Personal sidenote: Red army choir as a background music during mine laying ops adds up to the realism of DW and makes playtime atmosphere more interesting especially when most of your panels are written in cyrillic.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 02-28-16 at 02:29 PM.
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-16, 02:57 PM   #523
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Welcome to SubSim Hektor

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-16, 10:07 PM   #524
Garion
Commander

Downloads: 34

HARDCORE SUBSIM SKIPPERNo doubt about it, you are hardcore. You are the kind of subsim player who pins up the Kriegsmarine gridmap on your wall, you use a redlamp when playing at night, your wife lets you know her mother is visiting by shouting "Alarm!" and you didn't know--or care--that Silent Hunter III has a save game feature. You cut your teeth plotting attacks in Gato, sank 28,000 tons in your first Aces of the Deep patrol, and played Dangerous Waters at 100% realism. You scoff at wannabes who whine about some niggling detail in a subsim but use the red triangle-infested auto TDC and auto-map updates. You never, ever, use anything but full realism.

gARY...AGAIN

Garion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-16, 10:41 PM   #525
absea
Swabbie

Downloads: 7

Looks like i am hardcore Sim
absea is offline   Reply With Quote