SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-17-14, 11:21 AM   #1
Ca[t White
Helmsman

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 0
Default Nubie to UBM

I installed the Uboat mission addon and so far I like it. I wanted to know what are some of the features I can expect in this game compared to the stock version. Any tips or advice would very helpful.
Ca[t White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-14, 03:56 AM   #2
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Default Advantage?

The biggest advantage is that now you can add on some of the Major Mods. You might want to look into TMO 2.5, RSRD and its patch, and the improvements that are compatible with those two mods. They take the game to a whole new level, in the same sense that GWX did for SH3. Check them out. I don't think you'll regret it. Good hunting!

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-14, 07:58 AM   #3
Ca[t White
Helmsman

OK, this mod is great however, there are two issues I'm having. the first being, in the Career I'm commanding a Narwhal class submarine and one thing I've noticed is that the sub can't stay submerged for long because either the battery has to be recharged or the CO2 has to be filtered and I have to surface in order to o that. This would'nt help me in a combat situation if I'm taking on a task force or merchant fleet because I would hate to have to surface in the middle of a battle. My secound issue is that I also notice there are new areas in the game like TUK, and Tokyo. I'm finding it difficult to locate a enemy Task force. what areas would I be most likely to find a task force or enemy shipping?
Old 11-20-14, 10:09 AM   #4
Dread Knot
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca[t White View Post
one thing I've noticed is that the sub can't stay submerged for long because either the battery has to be recharged or the CO2 has to be filtered and I have to surface in order to o that. This would'nt help me in a combat situation if I'm taking on a task force or merchant fleet because I would hate to have to surface in the middle of a battle.
How long are you running submerged and at what speed?

Historically, the batteries of a US fleet class sub would run flat after half an hour at flank speed. The Narwhal class being larger, were probably prone to going flat on batteries sooner. However, if I recall, the unmodded stock version of the game is generous in this regard, so your mileage may vary.

Last edited by Dread Knot; 11-20-14 at 10:20 AM.
Dread Knot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-14, 11:34 AM   #5
Ca[t White
Helmsman

When submerged, I'm running at standard speed for about an hour or two. What about locating a Task force?
Old 12-04-14, 05:55 PM   #6
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

Downloads: 210

You can stay submerged for 24 hours at least before running out of air and if your running at 2 knots your battery will last hours and hours.

If your running TMO+RSRD just look in the folders and there is a photo showing the shipping lanes. Get in them!!!

For task forces simply find the dates and places where major battles occurred through investigative reading and you'll then know where to go int he game.

Mercfulfate
将補
日本帝國海軍

merc4ulfate is offline   Reply With Quote