SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-22-08, 02:37 PM   #196
Lapazeus
Watch

Downloads: 40
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelifecrisis
I have an ATI card and it's the same for me. AA settings (including adaptive AA) have a big effect. If I turn off all AA and don't apply my sun fix, I have a flat sun in OLCE2. If I max out both normal and adaptive AA and apply the OLCE2 sun fix (not advised) the sun halo takes up half the sky and is totally blinding.

You'll have to enable a bit of AA to fix it.
With ATI cards, the key combo SHIFT + PG UP/DN seems to allow one to set the sun glare to one's own liking.

Lapazeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-08, 02:41 PM   #197
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapazeus
Quote:
I have an ATI card and it's the same for me. AA settings (including adaptive AA) have a big effect. If I turn off all AA and don't apply my sun fix, I have a flat sun in OLCE2. If I max out both normal and adaptive AA and apply the OLCE2 sun fix (not advised) the sun halo takes up half the sky and is totally blinding.

With ATI cards, the key combo SHIFT + PG UP/DN seems to allow one to set the sun glare to one's own liking.
OK, I'll try that...
What exactly does it do? Do you know?
Old 04-22-08, 02:47 PM   #198
McHibbins
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 80

The particles.dat is smaller than GWX EDE´s. Why ?
My scene.dat is 4.195 KB, yours is only 1.167. Why ? May you give me an explanation, please ?
Will this affect EDE´s eyecandy and realistic special effects ? Also the waves and windspeed or weatherchanges of GWX ?
Old 04-22-08, 02:52 PM   #199
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by McHibbins
My scene.dat is 4.195 KB, yours is only 1.167. Why ? May you give me an explanation, please ?
Will this affect EDE´s eyecandy and realistic special effects ? Also the waves and windspeed or weatherchanges of GWX ?
Because it is based on the GWX 2.1 particles.dat file, not the EDE file. OLCE2 is incompatible with EDE and will remain that way, for many reasons, not least of which is my opinion that GWX's normal particle effects actually look a lot better than EDE's.
Old 04-22-08, 03:10 PM   #200
Lapazeus
Watch

Downloads: 40

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

OK, I'll try that...

I learned the trick from these forums. As far as I know, it allows you to smoothly increase/decrease SH's built-in software AA effects. In my experience, it kind of resembles a 'bloom' effect.

Lapazeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-08, 03:15 PM   #201
McHibbins
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 80

Quote:
Quote:
Because it is based on the GWX 2.1 particles.dat file, not the EDE file. OLCE2 is incompatible with EDE and will remain that way, for many reasons, not least of which is my opinion that GWX's normal particle effects actually look a lot better than EDE's.
Sorry Skipper,

promise you to read your posts next time instead of flying over them
Old 04-22-08, 03:18 PM   #202
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Sorry Skipper,

promise you to read your posts next time instead of flying over them
Actually I don't think I had mentioned the incompatibility yet in this thread, that's why I put it in red. It wasn't supposed to be shouting at you or something, it was just supposed to stand out.

BTW, the other reasons why I don't like EDE are:
- kills the framerate (yeah, yeah, I know, it's a bit hypocritical, but EDE kills my FPS way worse than even OLCE1 on high detail)
- upsets game balance by doing additional damage to the ships (those secondary explosions mean that almost everything goes down with 1 torp)
Old 04-22-08, 03:22 PM   #203
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

OK, I'll try that...

I learned the trick from these forums. As far as I know, it allows you to smoothly increase/decrease SH's built-in software AA effects. In my experience, it kind of resembles a 'bloom' effect.
So it's basically the same as turning on AA on the graphics card, then. Which explains why nothing is happening when I try it (I have AA forced, so presumably SH3 can't override that).
BTW, out of curiosity, does SH3 save your settings when you exit and reload the game, or do you have to do the shift+pgup thing again every time you start SH3?

Edit: Ah, it's working now... and you're right, it's more like a bloom/blur effect than actual AA. Hmmm, learn something new every day gonna have to play with this now...
Old 04-22-08, 04:00 PM   #204
Jaeger
Chief

Downloads: 28

hi,
a hint for all stock players: i am using the ubermod with rubinis stay alert crew in a stock sh3 version. i want the WO, when he is on the bridge, to give me a "next contact report" for the complete 15 km atmosphere. here is the link to rubinis mod: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...0&postcount=52

the crew becomes more powerful, they can spot ships in the whole 15 km atmosphere.

OLC, there arent changes to the visual AI of the players bridgecrew, right?

and second: i tried the new feature (weather reports with visual range in it). in clear weather, my WO tells me, the visual range is 16km, but i lose contacts in about 13 km). why that?

greetz, Jaeger

Last edited by Jaeger; 04-22-08 at 04:10 PM.
Jaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-08, 04:21 PM   #205
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaeger
hi,
a hint for all stock players: i am using the ubermod with rubinis stay alert crew in a stock sh3 version. i want the WO, when he is on the bridge, to give me a "next contact report" for the complete 15 km atmosphere. here is the link to rubinis mod: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...0&postcount=52

the crew becomes more powerful, they can spot ships in the whole 15 km atmosphere.

OLC, there arent changes to the visual AI of the players bridgecrew, right?

and second: i tried the new feature (weather reports with visual range in it). in clear weather, my WO tells me, the visual range is 16km, but i lose contacts in about 13 km). why that?

greetz, Jaeger
The thread says "OLC Ubermod for GWX 2.1", not "OLC Ubermod for Stock SH3". Don't be coming to me with bugs that happen when you apply it to stock!
Old 04-22-08, 04:28 PM   #206
Philipp_Thomsen
Old Gang

Downloads: 146

You're a very very very bad guy, OLC...

:rotfl:
Old 04-22-08, 04:32 PM   #207
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipp_Thomsen
You're a very very very bad guy, OLC...

Hey, earlier today I actually told someone how to edit my GUI to get the draggable chrono back. I actually went and looked in the files and bloody spelled it out to him. That means I've got karma to spend, and I intend to spend it.
Old 04-22-08, 04:43 PM   #208
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234

OLC

...you are just cracking me up! I did try and help by directing the "stoppurh" gentleman to Ebay and just buy a Hanhart! Its lots easier than messing about with that "file".

Another version of OLC2....wow! Awesome work and such a great addition to SH3!

Many thanks!

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php
Check out: A Brief Introduction to the Pacific Submarine War by Ducimus
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185
Operation Monsun plus OMEGU, the #1 ATO Solution for SH4!

Signature Art by Gunfighter
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-08, 04:56 PM   #209
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilcke
OLC

...you are just cracking me up! I did try and help by directing the "stoppurh" gentleman to Ebay and just buy a Hanhart! Its lots easier than messing about with that "file".

Another version of OLC2....wow! Awesome work and such a great addition to SH3!

Many thanks!
Yeah I saw that. Shame he had to spoil it by mentioning TC.
Hookay, I'm spending just a little too fast here.
Old 04-22-08, 05:27 PM   #210
Progrocker
Gunner

Downloads: 18

Is the OLCE2 compatible with GWX 2.1 Enhanced Damage Effects? The former version wasnt compatible with GWX 2.0, so thats why i am asking.
Progrocker is offline   Reply With Quote