SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-01-08, 06:54 PM   #31
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

Has anyone tried the import function? If so, what was the experience - good, bad, ugly?

I plan one more release just to clean up a few aspects of the code then I'll consider it finished.
JScones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-08, 03:32 AM   #32
Graf Paper
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 2

I'm still puzzling out how to set the log's font to something custom that's more like real handwriting.

I wish you had made the editor with a drop box to choose the font and then have SH3 Commander set that as the logbook font in the game. My brain is bewildered!

I also noticed that you have to add entries in order. You can't go back and insert a new entry previous to the last new entry you add ( or does that only affect entries with the same day but different times? ).

Still a masterful work, regardless. You are, without a doubt, the Grand Master of all SH3 Modding, Jaesen!
Old 04-02-08, 04:19 AM   #33
JScones
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graf Paper
I'm still puzzling out how to set the log's font to something custom that's more like real handwriting.

I wish you had made the editor with a drop box to choose the font and then have SH3 Commander set that as the logbook font in the game. My brain is bewildered!
In the editor? It's just a dumb text editor aimed to make adding and editing patrol log entries easier. It's not meant to be a pretty logbook or anything; just a text editor (otherwise I'd have called it something like "SH3 Kriegstagebuch" and wrapped it up in an authentic interface like SH3Cmdr's - would be nice, but time...). SH3Cmdr does the pretty graphical work when you generate a Personnel File. *That's* the output. And that's why you set the display fonts in SH3Cmdr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graf Paper
I also noticed that you have to add entries in order. You can't go back and insert a new entry previous to the last new entry you add ( or does that only affect entries with the same day but different times? ).
When you add an entry it defaults to the patrol's start date and time. You can then change that to whatever you want and the editor will re-sort it to the right spot.

The only limitations are that you cannot change the date or time on entries that you did not add yourself nor can you add entries before the patrol's start date/time or after the patrol's end date/time. This is simply to maintain integrity and compatibility with default SH3 mechanics.

Now, if you add two entries with the exact date and time, then they are sorted in the order that you added them, for continuity reasons (ie message continuations).

So unless you are entering multiple entries with the same date *and* time, you do not have to add in order.
Old 04-03-08, 03:31 AM   #34
JScones
Navy Seal

OK, I've u/l v1.2. Works for me, does what I want it to do, so in the absence of any further bug reports, I'll consider this project now finished.

Enjoy.
Old 04-03-08, 06:53 PM   #35
dmlavan
Watch Officer

Downloads: 69

JSCones,
Just came back to SH3 again (I bounce back and forth between SH4 - SH3/GWX keeps drawing me back to it) and I find this. Absolutely brilliant - adds another great piece of immersion. Thanks (yet again) for your hard work
dmlavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-08, 02:45 PM   #36
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

I was playing around with the editor last night, having a great time! I just set sail from Kiel, went across the harbor and ended the patrol. My logbook says that in 30 minutes I sank 5 ships and shot down 23 airplanes!:rotfl:

On a serious note, after reading that it also saves to the SH3 logbook, I'm thinking of dumping that typewriter font I found and going back to something handwritey-looking. Hand-written in Commander, typed in SH3; best of both worlds.
Old 04-04-08, 03:01 PM   #37
Gairith
Planesman

Downloads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve
I was playing around with the editor last night, having a great time! I just set sail from Kiel, went across the harbor and ended the patrol. My logbook says that in 30 minutes I sank 5 ships and shot down 23 airplanes!:rotfl:

On a serious note, after reading that it also saves to the SH3 logbook, I'm thinking of dumping that typewriter font I found and going back to something handwritey-looking. Hand-written in Commander, typed in SH3; best of both worlds.
Was thinking the same thing, going to try Viner Hand ITC font and see what happens.

GWX 2.1 - SH3 Commander 3.2 - OLC Ubermod 2.4.2
-
DiD
Gairith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-08, 05:10 PM   #38
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

My preference is Lucidia Handwriting

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-08, 05:18 PM   #39
FIREWALL
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 511

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna

I used to know a stripper named Lucidia.

I Play GWX. Silent Hunter Who ???
FIREWALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-08, 11:30 PM   #40
Able72
Captain

Downloads: 299

cool. I'm looking forward to giving this a try. Anyone with the coding talent that can create a mod that will allow us to edit logs mid patrol would be cool.

Some way to log 'damaged' ships would be nice to. Or a way to automatically log the results of each torp fired. Was it a dud? did it 'miss'? or did it hit and go boom?
Old 04-05-08, 06:17 AM   #41
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIREWALL
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna

I used to know a stripper named Lucidia.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-08, 05:55 AM   #42
Topo65
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 382

Fantastic Tool! Thanks!!!
Topo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-08, 07:04 AM   #43
melnibonian
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 90

The editor is working perfectly. I did try it over the week end without any problems.

Excelent work as always Jaesen
melnibonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-08, 09:02 PM   #44
Wolfehunter
Crusty Capt.

Downloads: 40
Uploads: 25

Hello everybody. I have a copy of JScones Patrol Log Editor add-on for Sh3 Commander Version 3 and above. I will add it for those who would like to have it.

Here is the link,

New link below!

Please respect Jaesen's licence Agreement. He doesn't mind you guys sharing his work.

Thanks again JScones for all the magic you have brought to SH3 for us.

WH

Last edited by Wolfehunter; 05-30-08 at 02:20 PM.
Wolfehunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-08, 12:54 PM   #45
Konovalov
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8

Thanks Wolfehunter for hosting this great little addition to SH3 Commander. This is a great little side dish to Jscones brilliant SH3 Commander.
"In a Christian context, sexuality is traditionally seen as a consequence of the Fall, but for Muslims, it is an anticipation of paradise. So I can say, I think, that I was validly converted to Islam by a teenage French Jewish nudist." Sheikh Abdul-Hakim Murad (Timothy Winter)
Konovalov is offline   Reply With Quote