SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-09-19, 11:20 AM   #1
DaveR
A-ganger

Downloads: 190
Uploads: 0
Default mod line up?

started new install/campaign with:
1_T.M.O._2.5
1_TMO_25_small_patch
RSRDC_TMO_V502
RSRDC_V5xxx_P..1
1.5 OTC 16/9 AR RSRDC V502
I.. Ship Physics 2.6_TMO_RSRDC

tried realistic OTC version, but on loading, it couldn't find some files. I determined, for what ever reason, they weren't being loaded....

is this a valid load? i ask because, sub, porpoise, max speed is 15 knots surface and 5 knots submerged. (early sub?) the helm, 1/3, 2/3, ect. acts weird; 1/3 is 8 knots then up from there and full reaches the 15 knots. manually setting it to 10 knots, chief engineer announces 9 knots. (when hit fuel of 49%, he announces '50%'). graphics is 1920x1080 and the gages/clock 'i' can barely read. And fuel consumption (measured from manual calculating miles per fuel unit percentage), is all over the place; with 12 knot setting getting 75nmu, both sides going down from there. had two sonar contacts and couldn't catch them; (assumed they were patrol). (weather was clear and smooth)..

although no radar, looked at them and couldn't raise camera to read bearing....

wondering if i should continue or start over again with new settings?
DaveR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-19, 12:18 PM   #2
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 452

Honestly, if you want to play TMO+RSRDC+OTC mods you’d better try Ralles Real Mod Soup!
It’s all ready done adjusted, fantastic mod
Everything is working very fine
Fifi is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-19, 04:19 PM   #3
DaveR
A-ganger

Default thanks

guess I try another install. least looks like I see the mistake with OTC.

well, that didn't last very long.... got otc to load, but now screen doesn't fit window. cuts off bottom and sides; or bottom bar is too large.

Last edited by DaveR; 04-09-19 at 05:05 PM.
Old 04-10-19, 09:49 PM   #4
DaveR
A-ganger

Default so

would like someone to explain: set video to 1920x1080 - '30fps' and got the slightly oversized video. reset to '60'fps and everything is now fine.

everything seemed to work well and it looks good. however, just ran into merchant that 'I' can't hear in sonar, but the sonar guy can. now that's different.

why doesn't the TBD have degree markings. (although the vertical hash marks actually work).

would the 3D TDC_RRU work with this mod line up?
Old 04-11-19, 09:33 AM   #5
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Definitely "NO" on the 3D TDC. While it is cool, it only works in un-modded Stock. You would a lot of TMO, RSRDC & especially OTC. Your sonar situation sounds "backwards", compared to 'normal' sound, where you can hear a ship, but the sonarman can't, and that is due to a ship's engine sound being too low to hear, either because of a configuration or speed setting of the ship...

What you might be dealing with a cross-contamination. Anytime you make changes to mods in the game, you should delete the SH4 save folder in My Documents, so that the game pulls the proper new information of your mods back into the Save folder. I would suggest removing your mods, then deleting "C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4", then re-activate your mods. As Fifi suggested, using Ralles RealModPack is the best / easiest way to do TMO / RSRDC / OTC, and have it all adjusted for good game-play. While he has been keelhauled, there are enough folks around here that can help you through set-up, or there are a couple of posts giving Bleiente's web site...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-19, 09:50 PM   #6
DaveR
A-ganger

Default here i go again

reinstalled sh4
reinstalled jsgme
un-read only sh4 & data
laa sh4 (so opened, was enabled -disabled it. closed. opened and enabled. closed open checked it was enabled)

loaded mods:
1_tmo 2-5
1_tmo sm
rsrdc tmo v502
rsrdc fix p1
1.5 otc031312 rsrdc v502
1.5 otc realistic 16/9 rsrdc v502
ralles mod pack

looks good again.

oddities; and should I worry?
outfit sd radar 500pts - but I swear last time it was 300.
tdc set to 500yds - but again, last time was -0-.
tbd has no degree marks?

is there away to make the stopwatch bigger, squinting to see minutes of the stopwatch and it hurts the eyes: (what's left of them).

on station and ran into first victim. I picked it up first. I ended up north of the sinking ship and had a steady contact west. actually, before this, just before the ship started sinking, I was getting contacts around the clock. after the ship sunk, the contact west, disappeared. the only contact left was the normal residue signature of sunk ship.